waived
Passport Req..
5 -11-2009
VISA ISSUED...
28-1-2010
LANDED..........
landed on 24 june toronto
Hello Dr Gath,
I am landing on 24 june and want to rent a apartment(not basement) in toronto or missisagua from 1 july.Pls reply if you have 1 bedroom,hall flat in that areas for 1 small family(1 child 4 yrs).If you can send me the pictures and make the arrangements to see the flat on 25 or 26 june pls do that.
My id is pnikku@yahoo.co.in.
Regards

tran

May 10, 2009
doboless said:
I am looking for a good and nice tenant for my Nice 3 bedroom,1.5 bathrooms TownHouse in 726-82 Street,Edmonton (South East),Alberta T6X 1L8, and it cost $1000 with the utilities,packing,hydro,heat and more.Get back to me if you are interested. Thanks, Dr. Gath
Email me at (gathdavis @ yahoo.com)
http://www.rentboard.ca/rentals/rent.aspx?pstuid=56eda738-4413-440c-afbc-48938bec550e&s9=2&s19=50&s6=1&s1=207&locid=207%2C7193%2C7194%2C7195%2C7196%2C7197%2C7198&s13=2&psttyid=10&s7=10&s8=0%2C0%2C8192%2C0%2C0%2C0%2C0%2C0&s10=11

?????

tran

May 10, 2009
doboless said:
Hello
I got your reply in my posting and i have a 2 bedroom 1 bathroom apartment in Toronto and it is located at :-81 Enchanted Hills Crescent, Toronto, ON, Canada ... its is a very lovely apartment and you will love it but it is $700 and i will be given out 2 month free making 14 month.Get back to me into my email at gathdavis @ yahoo.com so i can give you more info..
http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-housing-apartments-for-rent-2-bedroom-House-Basement-for-Rent-Steeles-Av-and-McCowan-Rd-W0QQAdIdZ199978803

House basement or apartment? $700 or $800? ???????

RPN

Star Member
Feb 13, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
June 2010
Thanks tran :)

tran said:
http://www.rentboard.ca/rentals/rent.aspx?pstuid=56eda738-4413-440c-afbc-48938bec550e&s9=2&s19=50&s6=1&s1=207&locid=207%2C7193%2C7194%2C7195%2C7196%2C7197%2C7198&s13=2&psttyid=10&s7=10&s8=0%2C0%2C8192%2C0%2C0%2C0%2C0%2C0&s10=11

?????
tran said:
http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-housing-apartments-for-rent-2-bedroom-House-Basement-for-Rent-Steeles-Av-and-McCowan-Rd-W0QQAdIdZ199978803

House basement or apartment? $700 or $800? ???????

Yahoo India

Feb 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 2010
Doc's Request.
15-03-2010
AOR Received.
27-04-2010
IELTS Request
03-2010
File Transfer...
15-03-2010
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
As soon as I get Visa
Thanks RPN

Is Doboless making false rental values per month?

According to Rentboard website, the three bedroom apartments is for $1800 approx per month and he is asking for $1000 only, seems ficticious.

Also the house in Toronto is at basement, but he mentioned apartment.

I think DOBOLESS is not speaking the truth or giving the clear picture!!!!!!!!!!1

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Leon said:
It is generally not recommended to take any apartment unseen. Better to arrive in Canada and stay in a motel while you look for a place to live. Some apartments look better on photos than in person, there may be things you did not consider such as the neighbourhood it is in, high traffic area, lack of public transport, access to shopping etc.

Besides, you are completely trusting of your would-be landlord. You are taking his word for everything about the apartment because you can't go see it yourself. You are taking his word for that the photos he showed you are actually of this apartment as well as that the apartment actually exists as well as that he has the authority to rent it out and that it is not already rented out to someone else. Just be careful. You can make arrangements to see the place when you arrive but do not sign anything or give a down payment until you are there.
******************************************************************************************************
Posted by: ahmadtajwer

I totally agreed with Leon on that, that's what i was thinking that how can someone just do a deal over the internet. There is no harm to keep contact details of person and when you arrive in Canada to contact but before you are physically present, you shouldn't finalise anything !!!

Yes I am totally agree with both of you (leon and ahmadtajwer) that what I wrote to him. Still he did not give me or to any one his contact number/details in Canada and his address. I do not think that will be wise decision to rent apartment without seeing physically(from any non real-state office). I advice my other forum member not to ask any house / apartment for rent while you are not in Canada. Stay few days in hotel or guest house then check out by self the area and if it will suitable for you can rent.

Here what I mentioned in my reply to him.

(Hi again DR. GATH

Thank you for your e-mail and photos of the apartment. Very beautiful pictures and I hope apartment too............?
Well when I will land sure I will be there. I have the address and location of the apartment, as you said in your e-mail you will be outoff country?? Its makes some Doubt to me...............?

BUT STILL YOU DID NOT GIVE ME YOUR CONTACT DETAILS. IF YOU WISH I CAN TRUST YOU..... PLEASE WRITE YOUR CONTACT DETAILS.
I DO NOT THINK THAT WE CAN DEAL ONLY ON PICTURES. I HOPE IT IS CLEAR TO ME < YOU AND ALL OTHER INTERESTING PARTIES IN YOUR APARTMENT IN DIFFERENT LOCATION AND CITIES OF CANADA.

THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN FOR HELPING THE NEW IMMIGRANTS FOR HOUSING

HMISABPK)

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yahoo India said:
Thanks RPN

Is Doboless making false rental values per month?

According to Rentboard website, the three bedroom apartments is for $1800 approx per month and he is asking for $1000 only, seems ficticious.

Also the house in Toronto is at basement, but he mentioned apartment.

I think DOBOLESS is not speaking the truth or giving the clear picture!!!!!!!!!!1

You are absolutely correct and right

HMISABPK

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
He told you he will be out of the country so are you supposed to send him the down payment and he will send you the keys?

If that is the case, it sounds very much like a known scam on craigslist and similar websites. People will post stock photos of a nice looking apartment, the rent is low, the owner is overseas, probably working as a missionary in Africa or doctors without borders and he just wants a good tenant to take the apartment. He wants you to send him the down payment via Western Union and he will send you the keys. Of course you can guess what happens next.

I'm not saying this guy is doing anything like that since I don't know him but if you want to do business with him or anybody else online who is planning on being out of the country when you want to see the apartment, ask him to get a friend or relative to show you the apartment when you arrive and then you can decide if you want it or not.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Leon said:
He told you he will be out of the country so are you supposed to send him the down payment and he will send you the keys?

If that is the case, it sounds very much like a known scam on craigslist and similar websites. People will post stock photos of a nice looking apartment, the rent is low, the owner is overseas, probably working as a missionary in Africa or doctors without borders and he just wants a good tenant to take the apartment. He wants you to send him the down payment via Western Union and he will send you the keys. Of course you can guess what happens next.

I'm not saying this guy is doing anything like that since I don't know him but if you want to do business with him or anybody else online who is planning on being out of the country when you want to see the apartment, ask him to get a friend or relative to show you the apartment when you arrive and then you can decide if you want it or not.
That was a nice one Leon...

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If it sounds too good to be true..........

It usually is too good to be true.

[Scam alert]

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Leon said:

This was his e-mail to me
I think similar will be to others also.
I hope it will help the other also for Scam alart

Hello Again,
Its me Dr. Gath Davis from canadavisa.com,A Surgeon by profession, 48yrs in age, I was raised up in Edmonton before my moving to Cape Breton, Am very happy to read from you that you are interested in my 2 bedroom apartment, and it is still available and vacant as of today for the prospective tenant to move in soonest.....I want you to know like i said in my Advertisement that, i needed a responsible person that i can totally rely on, I worked with the Golden Cross Hospital and i got a letter that i needed to visit our branch in the Scotland,United Kingdom that is why i want to give the apartment out, am married, who is honest and faithful,I attended catholic and i thank God for all He has been doing in my life and family......Am here together with my wife dianne, and pls i need someone that will take the apartment as if it were there own and once you can promise me this, am ready to rent this to you.....Am not after the rent at all, that is why am renting for $700$/month with the utilities such as internet, hydro, car parcking heatand so on which i must confess that, you will never regret from renting this, the apartment is located at 81 Enchanted Hills Crescent, Toronto, ON, Canada ,. The pics is attached for a look, It will be available as long as you wanted but i will be coming once a while to check on the welfarism of the place.

Due to my absent in Sydney right now, we look for an agent but unable to see one while leaving,

Lastly, Let me know how you promise to take care of the place and more about
yourself....

Thanks and God bless you,
Dr. Gath and Dianne

HMISABPK

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
His English is lacking considering having been raised (up) in Edmonton. The mention of God in such a letter as well as the low rent (he's not after rent at all) would also raise some red flags with me.

RPN

Star Member
Feb 13, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
June 2010
I also feel something fishy. God bless me. I was about to knock him.

RPN