Interview........
Hope not
Passport Req..
On the verge of getting request..hope soon!rab mehr rakhe
VISA ISSUED...
Damn not but why
LANDED..........
ASAP with the little help of almighty
We'll I am curious to know can a new immigrant buy a house as soon as he Land in canada in places like surrey or Langley in bc?one more thingh provided that I have a 35%percent downpayment to put can I avail a loan as soon as I get there.

rg2012

Star Member
Sep 14, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, you can buy as soon as you land. Your only probably is the fact that you don't have a credit history....so it will be a bit harder than otherwise....would you have a job when you land? That should help a bit.

mrbeachman

Oct 24, 2011
chatwant said:
We'll I am curious to know can a new immigrant buy a house as soon as he Land in canada in places like surrey or Langley in bc?one more thingh provided that I have a 35%percent downpayment to put can I avail a loan as soon as I get there.
Simple. You can't.

Banks require 2 years of steady employment (basically 2 years of tax returns) to give you a loan.

Some foreign investors do buy with 35% down, but they usually have assets that can cover this loan. Do you?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
mrbeachman said:
Simple. You can't.

Banks require 2 years of steady employment (basically 2 years of tax returns) to give you a loan.

Some foreign investors do buy with 35% down, but they usually have assets that can cover this loan. Do you?
I disagree. I know several individuals who purchased homes with around 25% downpayments a few months after they landed. All the bank wanted to see was proof of full time and permanent employment. They had no issues securing mortgages with one of the big five banks.

chatwant

Apr 1, 2014
Kolkata
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/11/2013
File Transfer...
Showing app received 19/11/2013
Med's Done....
26/09/2013
Interview........
Hope not
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Damn not but why
LANDED..........
So after 5 to 6 months in a job I can avail a loan..and can any one please tell me how much does a town house cost around in surrey or Langley and is town house a good option coz I heard that selling it is tougher after some time.

mrbeachman

Oct 24, 2011
scylla said:
I disagree. I know several individuals who purchased homes with around 25% downpayments a few months after they landed. All the bank wanted to see was proof of full time and permanent employment. They had no issues securing mortgages with one of the big five banks.
I am quite certain that none of 5 big banks would not approve a loan only after a few months of employment. Maybe these individuals had a lot of savings/investments with the bank?

MR. SIDHU

Jan 30, 2014
LAND OF FIVE RIVERS
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/02/2012
AOR Received.
23/06/2013
File Transfer...
18/01/2014 to NDVO & 03/03/2014 to COLOMBO
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
chatwant said:

Yes you can buy a house if you are PR.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chatwant said:
Actually you can buy a house before you land in Canada. You just need a reliable realtor/owner and banker. You can also get loan from your home country and finance your new house in Canada.

MR. SIDHU said:
Yes you can buy a house if you are PR.
Any people buy a house regardless they are PR, citizen, temporary workers or merely visitors of Canada.

SanRoque

Jan 19, 2012
You can buy a house in Canada after 6 months or a year and if you comply with all the requirements by the bank. Two years is a bit not too long to acquire a house. :)

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SanRoque said:
You can buy a house in Canada after 6 months or a year and if you comply with all the requirements by the bank. Two years is a bit not too long to acquire a house. :)
You don't even need to be in Canada to buy a house.

chatwant

Apr 1, 2014
Kolkata
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/11/2013
File Transfer...
Showing app received 19/11/2013
Med's Done....
26/09/2013
Interview........
Hope not
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Damn not but why
LANDED..........
How is that possible to not be in canada and buy a house?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chatwant said:
How is that possible to not be in canada and buy a house?
Especially if you buy a presale home package from a major home developer which sell Canadian homes outside Canada. Your reliable Canadian lawyer (who might be working in your home country) would help you to do the legal work, while your Canadian banker could provide you mortgage and other financial needs. If you are not ready to move-in/take possession, you can make arrangement with a company or person to act on your behalf!