+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Host proof of financial status

Prinz

Dec 4, 2015
Hi everyone,

Seeking for your advice I am applying for my mothers visitor visa. Last time we applied for her visa got refused
One of the reason host insufficient fund. We include in the application my husband t4 and employment certificate. We didnt show any bank statement. We are low income family and my husband is the one working only. He has one full time and two part time work. We only have around cad3,000 in the bank. Is there any chance we can apply for my mom vistor visa?

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
Prinz said:
Hi everyone,

Seeking for your advice I am applying for my mothers visitor visa. Last time we applied for her visa got refused
One of the reason host insufficient fund. We include in the application my husband t4 and employment certificate. We didnt show any bank statement. We are low income family and my husband is the one working only. He has one full time and two part time work. We only have around cad3,000 in the bank. Is there any chance we can apply for my mom vistor visa?
She is the one that has to show financial funds, not you.

Yes, 3000 and a job is ok to invite someone, but this does not waive the requirement that she has to prove she can afford the trip.

Prinz

Dec 4, 2015
Thank you very much for the reply.

She has aroung cad5000 and a property and small business to show. Is that enough for a 3 weeks trip? And how can we prove a strong ties here in Philippines that she will comeback. Coz that is another reason for her visa refusal last December.

Another one is travel history, she already travel to korea and hongkong for a short trip. But still thats another reason for her visa refusal.

simplyaddo

Jun 18, 2012
Prinz said:
Thank you very much for the reply.

She has aroung cad5000 and a property and small business to show. Is that enough for a 3 weeks trip? And how can we prove a strong ties here in Philippines that she will comeback. Coz that is another reason for her visa refusal last December.

Another one is travel history, she already travel to korea and hongkong for a short trip. But still thats another reason for her visa refusal.
There are many ways to show strong ties to one's home country. Property, investments, business, court dates, doctors' appointments, current employment, etc.