+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Horrible ceremony experience

Soopergal

Star Member
Apr 26, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry to hear about your experience. Unfortunately, writing letters to Chris A is not going to make any difference. My guess is that he wouldn't even read it, his PA probably throw this sort of letters in the bin. Only way to highlight problems is to go public. Twitter or write to a new paper/CBC. Name and shame is the most effective method unfortunately.

HHH2000

Star Member
Jan 28, 2014
IN888658S said:
Hi leflex, Poushi24,
Mine has been a similar experience on the oath ceremony being cancelled after receiving the written notification. In my case, my oath ceremony was scheduled on June 12,2015. But on June 01st, the CIC officer called me and informed that my oath ceremony was cancelled and that one of her co-workers would call me in 2 weeks. That has not happened to date. I didn't go to the oath ceremony. The CIC officer left her number and I called her on June 29th. She was unable to provide further details, but just mentioned that additional information is needed. I clarified with her if it is from my side or on their end. She mentioned that if they need from me, they will call me. I had asked if I can call back by the end of the month to receive an update, to which she has agreed.

Net / Net, I took my test and cleared in the last week of Mar 2015, and have now been waiting for over 110 days for the revised oath ceremony.

If you happen to receive an update from CIC, please do share your experience. As you know, this wait is very agonizing. Thank you.

Regards,

IN888658S
Can You guess what could be the reason for your Oath ceremony cancelled. Any wild guess coming out from your case. Like Numbers of days short, missing travelling to US, middle east (Iraq, Syria, Iran etc)
any criminal offense in the past (even before 4 years period). Please do share as they are doing this more frequently nowdays and shattering the plans of a common man without realizing once Oath letter sent there are many many plans in the mind of the people regarding their upcoming life.
Some people are not moving out of the province after the test as they are waiting for Oath letter.

Eng_Mtl

Jun 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2017
Nomination.....
SA Email March 19, 2017
AOR Received.
01-03-2017
Med's Request
07-03-2017
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Not yet
leflex said:
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Hi everyone,

Sharing the humiliation that happened to me today in Vancouver.

After two years of processing, I got my invitation to take the oath today. I took half a day off work, unpaid, even if I'm currently broke. I wore my best suit and invited someone dear.

I waited in line like everyone. My turn comes, the agent says: "even if you have the invitation, you are not on the list. We called you and left you a voice message two weeks ago to inform you that we needed to reprocess parts of your application because of your name change".

So I said, no, you didn't call me, it's not true. Then the manager comes and says "we emailed you". I said no, I haven't received an email either.

And regardless, I sent them all the documentation back in JUNE. They never took care of it, apparently.

Now, they emailed me an hour ago to ask me to send them the documentation (really?) so they can reprocess my file.

I left the building, shamefully, in front of everyone, 5 minutes away from taking my oath.

How proud of being Canadian do they think I will be when it finally happens?

There is nothing to do against them. This inept administration always wins.

ps: the agents were unable to speak proper French and we had to switch to English. Which doesn't really bother me, but it's worth mentioning.
Hello Leflex,

I really feel your pain, since I am going through it right now. I applied on Jan 2015 for citizenship I am in Canada as Federal Skilled immigrant, after passing the test Oct 2015 I received the oath ceremony invite letter in April 2016, I was out of Canada due to my job (as a Engineer I am travelling on project assignment) so I took the flight back to Montreal just to take the oath, but when I went there with all the happiness to be finally becoming part of the country. The officer told me that the invite letter was a mistake and they have left a voice message on my number last night to inform me not to come to the ceremony as they will do more processing on my file. I asked him why they need more time since all my requirements are complete, he told me that they are doing some random checks and will have to further process my application.

I am in Canada for the past 6 years never have any problem, being on time with paying my taxes and contributing to the economy and after all this positive contribution now I am slap on the face with this delay/confusion on my oath for no clear reasons provided to me either.

I am really sad to experience this but now that I read your post, it gives me an understanding that there may be a gross incompetence from CIC department which is resulting into these failures. Maybe we should join forces and try to raise our voice against this treatment, if they have to make immigrants into citizens they have to start treating them like ones too. There should be some transparency where we know exactly what went wrong.

samdxb

Star Member
Jun 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
1 june letter dated 25 may
VISA ISSUED...
sent on 8 june, stamped 17 june, recieved 28 june
LANDED..........
26 july Inshallah
Consult an immigration lawyer and take CIC to court. Keep all your documentation. Claim damages. Some one has to teach a lesson.

alaabebe

Apr 19, 2016
poushi24 said:
Don't feel bad. things happened for go0d or bad we don't know. Last week I had my test, after test they handed me oath invitation, I was happy and went to my car as soon as I start my car security guy came and told me they want to talk to me. I went in again and they told me because I was in USA before I came to Canada they want to check more to see if I am still living at US and they took away my oath invite and told me they will mail me after the investigation. I am working here in Canada for last five years and my sons are going to school here and they had all these information with them still they used their power to make me wait. I don't know how long it would take for them to finish the investigation. So my friend don't loose hope or sleep over it. Enjoy the life and put these stuff behind.
This is a significant ignorance of natural justice and a blatant example of abuse of power and stupid bureaucracy
They people in CIC they are humiliating us and grill us on their own fire at those officers discretion
This is not acceptable
you should go to the Minister of immigration and go and see your MP
see a lawyer and do something against them

alaabebe

Apr 19, 2016
leflex said:
Thank you for sharing your experience. I'm sorry that something similar happened to you, but at least you seem to deal with it pretty well.

I took my test in August and waited till now for a ceremony, so I am really mad.

I will send them that damn documentation again, and include a harsh letter that I will also forward to my local MP and the minister of CIC to let them know how our lives are being handled by those people. If they want to retaliate and give me my citizenship 1000 years from now, I don't care anymore.
Never spare any efforts to go and defend your case and don't let these guys spoil your life

alaabebe

Apr 19, 2016
poushi24 said:
You have right to write your concern and express your anger the way they handled your case. We should come out of shadow and increase our voice let the official know our displeasure about handling our application. here is a link one person wrote about her husband case.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/2011-and-2012-applicants-t268360.75.html
may be we all need to get together as a group and send tons of letter to CIC, MP's and government official so that they might wakeup. I am sure all of us who suffering for this long wait will not vote for the people who are responsible for that. On us to let them hear it.

ever one of us is obliged to raise his /her voice and complain
let our voices be heard by every one in this country
let these guys in CIC move on and treat us like humain beings

alaabebe

Apr 19, 2016
leflex said:
Thanks everyone for your very kind words.

Lover: I will read your post with attention tomorrow morning when I feel refreshed.

FYI, I have just sent CIC a harsh (but polite and structured) letter and I CCed my federal MP.

People are scared of CIC, well, I am not. I've had it with them. Someone has to be held accountable for this 8)

you should continue till the end
never give up and raise your voice to the Minister as well
write , complain and chase them
don't let them to cause your frustration

alaabebe

Apr 19, 2016
Suin said:
Rescheduling the ceremony or making someone wait a bit longer looks not so bad when someone has their file closed after long 6 years of waiting without any right to appeal... And all this just because the CIC officer made a mistake due to his/her ignorance. Just a simple mistake that ruined that applicant's life and the faith to fairness of the CIC.

That looks like a disastrous story ?!!!!!!!!!!!! what is this ? why you didn't go the federal court ?!
go
raise your voice
complain and sue them?!!!

alaabebe

Apr 19, 2016
us2yow said:
poushi24,

Do you feel like they may have unfairly targeted you because of nationality etc ? How can they come running like that after telling you by sending someone while you were starting your car ! that's a bit cruel...

That's shame on them!!!!!
what is this unfairness and lack of normal humain behaviour

alaabebe

Apr 19, 2016
IN888658S said:
Hi leflex, Poushi24,
Mine has been a similar experience on the oath ceremony being cancelled after receiving the written notification. In my case, my oath ceremony was scheduled on June 12,2015. But on June 01st, the CIC officer called me and informed that my oath ceremony was cancelled and that one of her co-workers would call me in 2 weeks. That has not happened to date. I didn't go to the oath ceremony. The CIC officer left her number and I called her on June 29th. She was unable to provide further details, but just mentioned that additional information is needed. I clarified with her if it is from my side or on their end. She mentioned that if they need from me, they will call me. I had asked if I can call back by the end of the month to receive an update, to which she has agreed.

Net / Net, I took my test and cleared in the last week of Mar 2015, and have now been waiting for over 110 days for the revised oath ceremony.

If you happen to receive an update from CIC, please do share your experience. As you know, this wait is very agonizing. Thank you.

I read these stories and don't believe that there could be a bureaucratic system like this one??
what are these people doing?
why they don't hire a professional staff ?!
why Canada brought people to torture them ?!!!
go guys and raise your voices and don't believe the sweet talks of MP's

Regards,

IN888658S

alaabebe

Apr 19, 2016
us2yow said:
poushi24,

Do you feel like they may have unfairly targeted you because of nationality etc ? How can they come running like that after telling you by sending someone while you were starting your car ! that's a bit cruel...
This is really shameful and disgraceful and mustn't be like this ?!
these guys should start respecting immigrants and treat them in a much better way!!!
no humiliation no intimidation
no injustice and unfairness
looks like sometime there are some officers with an profound profile of racism

Eng_Mtl

Jun 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2017
Nomination.....
SA Email March 19, 2017
AOR Received.
01-03-2017
Med's Request
07-03-2017
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Not yet
alaabebe said:
This is really shameful and disgraceful and mustn't be like this ?!
these guys should start respecting immigrants and treat them in a much better way!!!
no humiliation no intimidation
no injustice and unfairness
looks like sometime there are some officers with an profound profile of racism
So some light at the end of the tunnel, the CIC has corrected their mistake and re-scheduled my oath last month. I have taken the oath and now am a proud Canadian (not so proud about the CIC performance though:() But I guess the geo-political and refugee situation in Canada is in-directly affecting law abiding and hard working immigrants such as people on this forum.

BTW: I am planning on joining politics and be the voice of immigrants in this country. Wish me all the best :)