+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hong Kong timeline

vvince208

Mar 14, 2020
Because I'm from Hong kong, I saw it on the website that hong kong applicant need to wait for the letter to apply the police certificate. But once I got the letter, its already final request, that scared me. Im working on it already, thanks!
I'm also from Hong Kong. I received a letter from HKVO for requesting additional documents and police certificate on December 2019. I have written letter to HKVO for the letter of requesting police certificate but no respond. May I know what you are doing to get thing work?

mlei9569

Star Member
Dec 11, 2019
Hey guys, I received this message in my GCKey account. I initially thought it was bulletin 1, but it was titled acknowledge of receipt. Anyone else received the same document (part of the letter is pasted along with this thread)? Any ideas?

Planning Ahead

If your application is approved, you will be encouraged to obtain free pre-arrival services funded by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). A variety of online services and in-person sessions will be available to you, your spouse and your dependants once your application is approved. These services will help you understand life in Canada, employment and how to access other free settlement services once you arrive.

To learn more about these free pre-arrival services that you will be able to access before you leave, please visit the IRCC website. Please note that in order to access these services, you must demonstrate to the service provider that you have been successful in your permanent resident application. Therefore, you should wait until you receive a positive eligibility decision or receive a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) prior to requesting these services.

As you may know, Canada is a bilingual country where both French and English are spoken. If you are interested in living in French, you can get information about Francophone life across Canada by visiting: Canada.ca/francoimmigration.

You are encouraged to take advantage of free IRCC resources available online. Welcome to Canada, the official handbook to help permanent residents prepare to come and settle in Canada, is available at cic.gc.ca/publications. You will also find the videos entitled “Before You Arrive in Canada” and “Your First Two Weeks in Canada” on the IRCC YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/CitImmCanada , which provide key information you need to consider before coming to Canada and just after you arrive. The Living in Canada tool, which provides you with a personalised settlement plan and identifies the closest Immigrant-Serving Organization offering the services you need, is available at http://www.cic.gc.ca/lctvac/English/index.

We trust that this information concerning your application for permanent residence in Canada is helpful. Sincerely,
IRCC Hong Kong

Consulate General of Canada
8/F, Berkshire House, 25 Westlands Road, Quarry Bay Hong Kong

salmonarm

Star Member
Jun 26, 2019
Got PPR today!!!

Does anyone know if mainland VAC offices are allowing to you go pick up the passport, or do you have to pay the extra mail fee on top of the transfer fee they charge you?

jowang

Jun 3, 2014
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-07-2019
AOR Received.
09-10-2019
File Transfer...
06-11-2019
Med's Request
01-11-2019
Med's Done....
05-11-2019
Hey guys, I received this message in my GCKey account. I initially thought it was bulletin 1, but it was titled acknowledge of receipt. Anyone else received the same document (part of the letter is pasted along with this thread)? Any ideas?

Planning Ahead

If your application is approved, you will be encouraged to obtain free pre-arrival services funded by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). A variety of online services and in-person sessions will be available to you, your spouse and your dependants once your application is approved. These services will help you understand life in Canada, employment and how to access other free settlement services once you arrive.

To learn more about these free pre-arrival services that you will be able to access before you leave, please visit the IRCC website. Please note that in order to access these services, you must demonstrate to the service provider that you have been successful in your permanent resident application. Therefore, you should wait until you receive a positive eligibility decision or receive a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) prior to requesting these services.

As you may know, Canada is a bilingual country where both French and English are spoken. If you are interested in living in French, you can get information about Francophone life across Canada by visiting: Canada.ca/francoimmigration.

You are encouraged to take advantage of free IRCC resources available online. Welcome to Canada, the official handbook to help permanent residents prepare to come and settle in Canada, is available at cic.gc.ca/publications. You will also find the videos entitled “Before You Arrive in Canada” and “Your First Two Weeks in Canada” on the IRCC YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/CitImmCanada , which provide key information you need to consider before coming to Canada and just after you arrive. The Living in Canada tool, which provides you with a personalised settlement plan and identifies the closest Immigrant-Serving Organization offering the services you need, is available at http://www.cic.gc.ca/lctvac/English/index.

We trust that this information concerning your application for permanent residence in Canada is helpful. Sincerely,
IRCC Hong Kong

Consulate General of Canada
8/F, Berkshire House, 25 Westlands Road, Quarry Bay Hong Kong
I think many would get this message during their processing. I've got one, you can see my timeline for reference.

jowang

Jun 3, 2014
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-07-2019
AOR Received.
09-10-2019
File Transfer...
06-11-2019
Med's Request
01-11-2019
Med's Done....
05-11-2019
happy to announce that I got PPR email yesterday, yet nothing shows on my gckey account.

Reactions: Mglhunter

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
Got PPR today!!!

Does anyone know if mainland VAC offices are allowing to you go pick up the passport, or do you have to pay the extra mail fee on top of the transfer fee they charge you?
Congratulations! No, only mail application is accepted for VACs in China. You have to pay extra delivery fee (back to you) and transfer fee. Please call VAC help line for details.