+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hong Kong timeline

jerry22880

Aug 23, 2019
China
Just repot particular announce I saw in Hong Kong visa office Facebook account. I think it will be useful info for the rest of our applicants. Pray for everyone in the world.

* MESSAGE TO CLIENTS *

In keeping with the Hong Kong public health authority’s recommendation for social distancing to reduce the spread of the novel coronavirus, all IN-PERSON appointments and submissions for passport and citizenship applications are cancelled until further notice. Although our ability to provide in-person consular assistance is limited, full consular services remain available to Canadians.The consular section continues to be fully operational; temporary measures are being implemented to enable us to meet key service standards while avoiding the need for clients to visit the public waiting room and see staff in person.

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada
Just repot particular announce I saw in Hong Kong visa office Facebook account. I think it will be useful info for the rest of our applicants. Pray for everyone in the world.

* MESSAGE TO CLIENTS *

In keeping with the Hong Kong public health authority’s recommendation for social distancing to reduce the spread of the novel coronavirus, all IN-PERSON appointments and submissions for passport and citizenship applications are cancelled until further notice. Although our ability to provide in-person consular assistance is limited, full consular services remain available to Canadians.The consular section continues to be fully operational; temporary measures are being implemented to enable us to meet key service standards while avoiding the need for clients to visit the public waiting room and see staff in person.
I knew that was coming.
Just wait until the weather gets better.

chengtony710

Nov 19, 2019
Dont withdraw, first submit a webform request to ask for extension if you think it will take more than 30 days to figure out all of this. Apply inside Canada will be another lengthy process, minimum 10-11 month.

Are you the Sponsor or the PA?

if you are the Sponsor:

if you are a citizen, I dont know why they are making this a big of deal. If you are a PR working on a Canada Government job, this should not be an issue as well.

if you are a PR working on a none Canadian federal/regional government/business/organization related jobs in HK, then this is alarming. you will have to submit all documents requested as PR has to reside in Canada for sponsorship eligibility.

if you are the PA:

you need to submit the settlement plan ASAP.

reference:
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1466&top=10
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=370&top=5

Finally I got my COPR last friday (Feb 14)

Here is my timeline

May 08 - sent application
June 29 - confirm application received
July 02 - Request CNCC
July 03 - Request health examination
July 05 - Request payment of biometrics fee
July 09 - Linkup GC Key
July 11 - Transferred to HKVO
July 25 - Updated documents request (imm5669 , imm5406)
Aug 28 - Received Bulletin 1
Sept 10 - Biometrics request
Nov 25 - Procedure Fairness letter received
Dec 04 - Received Bulletin 2
Jan 20 - Background check completed
Feb 06 - Decision made approval
Feb 14 - Received CORP

Hope it Help!!!

Reactions: jerry22880

mlei9569

Star Member
Dec 11, 2019
Hey guys, my file was transferred to HK a month ago, and I haven’t received the additional document request (updated IMM 5669 and 5406). For those who received the request, does it show on your GCkey or ECAS?

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
Finally I got my COPR last friday (Feb 14)

Here is my timeline

May 08 - sent application
June 29 - confirm application received
July 02 - Request CNCC
July 03 - Request health examination
July 05 - Request payment of biometrics fee
July 09 - Linkup GC Key
July 11 - Transferred to HKVO
July 25 - Updated documents request (imm5669 , imm5406)
Aug 28 - Received Bulletin 1
Sept 10 - Biometrics request
Nov 25 - Procedure Fairness letter received
Dec 04 - Received Bulletin 2
Jan 20 - Background check completed
Feb 06 - Decision made approval
Feb 14 - Received CORP

Hope it Help!!!
Congratulations! Where is the applicant from? We have not received PPR since DM was made 3 weeks ago and I thought all jobs are stalled in some way.

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
Hey guys, my file was transferred to HK a month ago, and I haven’t received the additional document request (updated IMM 5669 and 5406). For those who received the request, does it show on your GCkey or ECAS?
No, it does not show up. Stay put until further notice.

Reactions: mlei9569

chengtony710

Nov 19, 2019
Congratulations! Where is the applicant from? We have not received PPR since DM was made 3 weeks ago and I thought all jobs are stalled in some way.
Since I reply the Procedure Fairness letter in Dec and no any updated until Feb 06 Decision Made . I didn't received PPR and directly received the COPR one week after decision made. So please be patient waiting for IRCC, they may take longer what you expect

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
Since I reply the Procedure Fairness letter in Dec and no any updated until Feb 06 Decision Made . I didn't received PPR and directly received the COPR one week after decision made. So please be patient waiting for IRCC, they may take longer what you expect
Well, we have to go through PPR as we need the visa stamp on the passport and then CORP. I talked to MP office and they said PPR could be anytime and ask me to check back if PPR is not received by Feb. 28.

jerry22880

Aug 23, 2019
China
I received the GCMS notes which was ordered on Jan 15 today. The notes give me an very useful information. The officers don't really read the documents we submitted. Their notes said we don't have honeymoon, actually we did. And we have submitted them the boarding pass, pictures, receipts etc. I should say Hong Kong officers treat applicants from mainland China in an unfair way.

mlei9569

Star Member
Dec 11, 2019
I received the GCMS notes which was ordered on Jan 15 today. The notes give me an very useful information. The officers don't really read the documents we submitted. Their notes said we don't have honeymoon, actually we did. And we have submitted them the boarding pass, pictures, receipts etc. I should say Hong Kong officers treat applicants from mainland China in an unfair way.
Now you have a rough idea of how some of the interview questions are going to be. I applied for GCMS notes on the 19th of Jan. Should be receiving it soon per your timeline.

And I totally agree with you on your last point. We are expecting greater scrutiny on our application too.

loussica

Apr 10, 2019
COPR came in the mail today :D

App Received June 6
Bio Request Aug 7
Medical Request Aug 8
Sponsor Approved Aug 12
Transferred to HK Aug 14
online tool says "Started processing on Aug 19"
Oct 31 Bulletin 1? I think?
Nov 27 Request for more docs (proof of intent to live in Canada)
Jan 11 Pre-arrival letter
Feb 12? Decision Made: not sure when, discovered Feb 12

Last edited:

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
Freak, VACs in China is further closed until March 1. No PPR after 4 weeks...:mad:
"In light of the current Coronavirus alert, please note that all the CVACs in China will remain closed until 01 March 2020. However, the re-opening of the centres may change further. "

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
I would say it is unfair to claim HKVC treats Chinese applicants unfairly:p There is no reason for them to treat applicants from all over the world differently, there is SOP for them to follow, it is just a job.

But from our own experience, mistakes do happen. In our case (from GCMS notes), they claimed that in our wedding card, someone said "Happy New Year" but it is really "Happy Wedding" in Chinese characters, and obviously they don't quite recognize the difference of these Chinese characters and that raised a red flag for them. But later on, when the case was reviewed by a senior officer, he/she claimed that it should be a minor "mistake" as it would not make sense to submit the card with such an obvious mistake to if we intend to cheat on IRCC, so it was dismissed without asking for an interview.

Now you have good information to your advantage to prepare for the interview. Relax but prepare for it seriously to clarify any doubts from IRCC. Good luck to you!

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
COPR came in the mail today :D

App Received June 6
Bio Request Aug 7
Medical Request Aug 8
Sponsor Approved Aug 12
Transferred to HK Aug 14
online tool says "Started processing on Aug 19"
Oct 31 Bulletin 1? I think?
Nov 27 Request for more docs (proof of intent to live in Canada)
Jan 11 Pre-arrival letter
Feb 12? Decision Made: not sure when, discovered Feb 12
Congratulations! I wish my wife lives in Taiwan...:D

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada
Agree with the other posts, " now you have some idea where this is going ". The notes were useful.
Maybe some red flags with your application and now you get a chance to clarify everything. ( Hope you attend the interview together ).
Regarding the HK officers, I think they are extremely cautious now with any applicants due to the current situation.
Don't be surprised. I was there last year and seen many strange things.
o_O