Hong Kong timeline

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
Last edited:

loussica

Apr 10, 2019
Update! “Decision Made”
Also sorry I missed someone’s reply that wanted to know about the intent documents :(

App Received June 6
Bio Request Aug 7
Medical Request Aug 8
Sponsor Approved Aug 12
Transferred to HK Aug 14
online tool says "Started processing on Aug 19"
Oct 31 Bulletin 1? I think?
Nov 27 Request for more docs (proof of intent to live in Canada)
Jan 11 Pre-arrival letter
???? Decision Made: not sure when, I hadn’t checked since and I don’t have an applicaion-linked account.

Reactions: jerry22880

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
Update! “Decision Made”
Also sorry I missed someone’s reply that wanted to know about the intent documents :(

App Received June 6
Bio Request Aug 7
Medical Request Aug 8
Sponsor Approved Aug 12
Transferred to HK Aug 14
online tool says "Started processing on Aug 19"
Oct 31 Bulletin 1? I think?
Nov 27 Request for more docs (proof of intent to live in Canada)
Jan 11 Pre-arrival letter
???? Decision Made: not sure when, I hadn’t checked since and I don’t have an applicaion-linked account.
Congratulations!

DM is shown in ECAS not GCKey account.

Reactions: loussica

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada
More than 2 weeks after DM and no PPR, looks like it got stalled.o_O
Don't rush out and buy any lottery tickets.
I would suggest masks, gloves, and beer for now........ ( You can still buy beer ) :)

The Visa offices are closed for the time being. They're not going to take any risks.
Special measures in place to process urgent applications only.

Hopefully your spouse is taking all the necessary precautions until this blows over.
Stay healthy!

tttolo

Nov 25, 2019
I received my COPR and the letter is requesting a photocopy of my passport’s photo page. Anyone know if I need to photocopy the page with my signature as well (the one at the back of the passport)?

Matthewcares

Star Member
Oct 1, 2019
Chinese visa office gave new uodate,

In light of the current Coronavirus alert, please note that all the CVACs in China will remain closed until 23 February 2020. However, the re-opening of the centres may change further.

well that sucks

jerry22880

Aug 23, 2019
China
Hong Kong has launched more restrict regulations since Feb 8. I understand they tried to protect the local people. And I saw the Hong Kong office canceled the arranged interview on Feb 17. I guess the following scheduled interview time may be cancelled or changed accordingly.
I'm not going to write an email to inquire for the further information or process, because no one knows when the impact of coronavirus will end up. Nothing I can do besides waiting for the good news. It's sad that I couldn't celebrate the Valentines Day with my love.

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada
Hong Kong has launched more restrict regulations since Feb 8. I understand they tried to protect the local people. And I saw the Hong Kong office canceled the arranged interview on Feb 17. I guess the following scheduled interview time may be cancelled or changed accordingly.
I'm not going to write an email to inquire for the further information or process, because no one knows when the impact of coronavirus will end up. Nothing I can do besides waiting for the good news. It's sad that I couldn't celebrate the Valentines Day with my love.
If you want to see the sun then you will have to weather the storm.
Send them a card !

Reactions: jerry22880

floppydisk

Sep 5, 2019
Hi @aldamy ,

Thanks for your response.! I see that same issue within GCKey myself, the bug as you've mentioned appears to be quite a hard nail to hammer. The 'Credible Evidence' upload option will appear if I refresh the page enough, and once I had it I did the upload immediately to avoid a separate stream of communication on the WebForm. Also there's a slight sizing difference of 3MB compare to 4MB on GCKey, I've reduced the PDF from 65 pages to 43 and used an online PDF compressing free tool in order to get it down to 3.8MB for the submission.

I've raised an technical case on this but the response weren't that helpful at all but simply ask to submit it via other means, hope they have an issue tracker and fix this on their next update release. Though what bothers me even more is the size limitation for the upload whilst the IRCC is asking for a cargo of information as prove of intention or plan of settling in my case however 'please send this in a small envelop'.......

Guess the COVA-19 will linger for a while and consider the current traveling restrictions etc. (Air Canada I think stopped all direct flights from HK -> Toronto) I guess there're no option but to wait this one over and hope for the best. My ETA is August 2020 and they haven't even start my spouse's background check....

Cheers.

1, Just prepare a letter to declare you had applied the CNCC with the receipt image.

2. There is a bug in GCkey for 'Credible Evidence(s)' upload. I have pointed out this issue with screen capture to IRCC. When you daily login in GCkey, the upload button for 'Credible Evidence(s)' will suddenly come out for a while. Yes, a while, it will be disappeared suddenly. At that time, I didn't know the bug. I just uploaded the updated Schedule-A in GCkey (limit 4MB file size), and uploaded 'Credible Evidence(s)' in WebForm (limit 2MB file size) separately. Since I kept on trying, I found this software bug. I uploaded the 'Credible Evidence(s)' in GCkey when I saw the button in GCkey.