+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hong Kong timeline

Matthewcares

Star Member
Oct 1, 2019
I have a question, I seen that all visa offices in China will be closed until February 10 2020, so does that mean, they have a full freeze on sponsorship applications in Hong Kong being processed because of the coronavirus? Thanks

jerry22880

Aug 23, 2019
China
I have a question, I seen that all visa offices in China will be closed until February 10 2020, so does that mean, they have a full freeze on sponsorship applications in Hong Kong being processed because of the coronavirus? Thanks
Hi, you can follow Canada in Hong Kong and Macau visa office Facebook account. I found out they announce the working time and related info immediately, including the interview arrangement.

Matthewcares

Star Member
Oct 1, 2019
Thanks for finding the link to this information. So this means they will be working at limited staff, to process sponsorship application, I guess? I wonder with all this coronavirus situation, background check couldn't be completed as maybe the Chinese government not concerned about something so small. if so I totally understand. saving lives is far more important.

Reactions: coolw2k

ericeric

Star Member
Apr 16, 2019
Thanks for finding the link to this information. So this means they will be working at limited staff, to process sponsorship application, I guess? I wonder with all this coronavirus situation, background check couldn't be completed as maybe the Chinese government not concerned about something so small. if so I totally understand. saving lives is far more important.
i Emailed them and they said

Thank you for your message. All files are being processed as normal, but there may be delays. Scheduled interviews are still being conducted as usual with no delay.

If you have specific questions regarding your case, please email the Immigration Section at the email address above. We cannot answer case specific questions here. Thank you.

jerry22880

Aug 23, 2019
China
i Emailed them and they said

Thank you for your message. All files are being processed as normal, but there may be delays. Scheduled interviews are still being conducted as usual with no delay.

If you have specific questions regarding your case, please email the Immigration Section at the email address above. We cannot answer case specific questions here. Thank you.
Almost the same expression as they posted in the Facebook page. Thank you for sharing with us.

aldamy

Jul 10, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Hi guys,

Have a couple of questions and I think many of you may have came across it already in your journey thus hope to save me some little time searching for answers and I thank you and much appreciate it beforehand.!!

I'm at the stage of preparing the required additional information as per request by the IRCC. 3 things collectively and they are:

1. Revised Schedule A to include my spouse's previous address when she reached 18 of age
2. Hong Kong Police No Criminal Certificate
3. Credible Evidence of our plan to move to Canada

Questions:

1. I understand the process for applying the CNCC from the HK Police, however do believe they will mail it directly to the HK Canadian Embassy in Quarry Bay. There's a upload button / section particularly for this, those who came across did you upload the receipt from the HK Police or a self written letter indicating the process has been completed and it will be mailed directly with a lead time of 4 weeks?

2. Whilst the 'Additional Information' letter by the IRCC request to use only 1 method to provide the information i.e WebForm or GCKey. I only see 2 available buttons for uploading (Schedule A & Police Certificate respectively). Not sure if anyone here have came across my situation with regards to the required information but for those who have did you combined the 'Credible Evidence(s)' with Schedule A for the upload i.e. a zip file containing a cover letter + the contents?

Much appreciate this and thank you in advance, cheers and happy Chinese New Year ahead to all.!!
1, Just prepare a letter to declare you had applied the CNCC with the receipt image.

2. There is a bug in GCkey for 'Credible Evidence(s)' upload. I have pointed out this issue with screen capture to IRCC. When you daily login in GCkey, the upload button for 'Credible Evidence(s)' will suddenly come out for a while. Yes, a while, it will be disappeared suddenly. At that time, I didn't know the bug. I just uploaded the updated Schedule-A in GCkey (limit 4MB file size), and uploaded 'Credible Evidence(s)' in WebForm (limit 2MB file size) separately. Since I kept on trying, I found this software bug. I uploaded the 'Credible Evidence(s)' in GCkey when I saw the button in GCkey.

Reactions: floppydisk