+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hong Kong timeline

Homotope

Oct 11, 2017
Did anyone from HKVO who has received DM in the past few months receive the "Invitation to Pre-Arrival Services" e-mail beforehand?

melodyliaooo

Jul 7, 2017
All China applicants are processed via the HKVO. You can see which office is responsible for which country on CIC's website. My understanding is that Mississauga office processes the sponsor part (and probably any pre-processing stuff) before passing it to the relevant VO (in this case, the HKVO). No idea if this is different for inland... I suppose not.

But it hasn't been that long since August, and the CIC does claim "within 12 months" for 80% of applicants... though it seems most cases are done way before this. Check the excel for timing. It can be a bit all over the place due to each case being different. But it will give you some idea.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1G6YD6gA09UkJOsVY8NFqE27qjjvgsCWaY9_Txuvpnpk/edit#gid=1406942392

Hope this helps assuage your fears (or at the least help you plan)!

EDIT: If it's any comfort, my case was received in June, everything's clean and straightforward, but we are still waiting (bg check not started yet).
Sorry I forgot to ask...did yours changed to in process with the line stating that they have started processing you app on XXX on ECAS?

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
Sorry I forgot to ask...did yours changed to in process with the line stating that they have started processing you app on XXX on ECAS?
Yes, my ECAS added a line stating that they started to process my application on Jan. 30, 2018, and after 3 days the status changed to decision made and received my PPR the same day.

roverbon

Star Member
Jul 25, 2017
My case was fully processed by CPC-Mississauga, so it is quite different than cases transferred to HK VO. CIC received my application on Sep. 13, 2017, and they issued me PPR on Feb. 01, 2018
thats so fast. HKVO is moving slow compares to Misss

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
thats so fast. HKVO is moving slow compares to Misss
Ya, that was totally unexpected, even from the very beginning. I initially thought my application will be transferred to HK VO, even prepared for an interview, because there were few short comes with my application. Anyway, after we submitted our application, CPC-Mississauga decided to keep my case with them for processing, that was surprised me, even my lawyer. Then the ECAS updated my status from "Application Received" to "In Process" on Jan. 30, 2018, and added a line stated that they started to process my application on Jan. 30, 2018. While I thought I may still need to wait at least couple more months, the ECAS updated to "Decision Made" on Feb. 01, 2018, and in the same day, my lawyer called me that he received PPR issued by Ottawa. It was unexpected by both me and my lawyer. I am not trying to brag it here, but I did spend a lot time to research the whole process and did my home work, and made a game plan to utilize all the evidences I have to connect all the dots together to show a strong continuous and genuine relationship. I actually read all posts in the appeal thread posted on this forum and try to understand why their cases were denied. Of cause, it also came with a little lucky in the play.

Reactions: Sheraton_k

roverbon

Star Member
Jul 25, 2017
Ya, that was totally unexpected, even from the very beginning. I initially thought my application will be transferred to HK VO, even prepared for an interview, because there were few short comes with my application. Anyway, after we submitted our application, CPC-Mississauga decided to keep my case with them for processing, that was surprised me, even my lawyer. Then the ECAS updated my status from "Application Received" to "In Process" on Jan. 30, 2018, and added a line stated that they started to process my application on Jan. 30, 2018. While I thought I may still need to wait at least couple more months, the ECAS updated to "Decision Made" on Feb. 01, 2018, and in the same day, my lawyer called me that he received PPR issued by Ottawa. It was unexpected by both me and my lawyer. I am not trying to brag it here, but I did spend a lot time to research the whole process and did my home work, and made a game plan to utilize all the evidences I have to connect all the dots together to show a strong continuous and genuine relationship. I actually read all posts in the appeal thread posted on this forum and try to understand why their cases were denied. Of cause, it also came with a little lucky in the play.
best part was not handled by HKVO.. My file was passed to them3 months ago and I am not sure if they have opened it and work on it yet.

huey9

Aug 3, 2017
Hong Kong
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
19-06-2017
AOR Received.
21-07-2017
Med's Request
28-07-2017
Thank you for your reply! I will keep you all updated :) I am literally checking every 10 minutes or so on my ECAS lol
Lol no need for that! I suppose you'd get emails for important stuff. But yeah, know what you mean. I check every day at 5pm (local time to my VO). :p

Also, you might consider getting your GCMS notes just to see if you can't get an idea of what's going on with your case. It's a lot to pore through but at least you can see the case office's notes and see if they've received all your docs.

huey9

Aug 3, 2017
Hong Kong
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
19-06-2017
AOR Received.
21-07-2017
Med's Request
28-07-2017
Not really. If you legally lives in a Country for longer than 12 consecutive months, your application may transferred to the respectful country's VO at the discretion of CIC. For people is currently residing in US, and meet that 12 months requirement, their applications may well be seen as US application and be fully processed by CPC-Mississauga. And CPC-Mississauga also runs a pilot program to choose the straight forward cases that meet the OB570 criteria and keeps them at CPC-Mississauga to process.
Ah I see! Didn't know that.

huey9

Aug 3, 2017
Hong Kong
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
19-06-2017
AOR Received.
21-07-2017
Med's Request
28-07-2017
That's awesome! Wish we could have had that kind of luck. But we're not in Canada, so no luck with being processed only in Mississauga. Good luck, Miracle!

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
That's awesome! Wish we could have had that kind of luck. But we're not in Canada, so no luck with being processed only in Mississauga. Good luck, Miracle!
Ya, good luck to you too. I am not in Canada, my application is an outland application

huey9

Aug 3, 2017
Hong Kong
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
19-06-2017
AOR Received.
21-07-2017
Med's Request
28-07-2017
Ya, good luck to you too. I am not in Canada, my application is an outland application
Oh wow! May I ask how you managed that? I'm a Canadian overseas but my wife is a Singaporean. We are both living in HK.

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
Oh wow! May I ask how you managed that? I'm a Canadian overseas but my wife is a Singaporean. We are both living in HK.
Sorry, that is a million dollars question that I really don't have a answer for. As I said that at the very beginning both me and my lawyer thought that our case would be transferred to HK VO, and I even prepared for a possible interview, because our case had few so called "Red Flags". During the application preparation, I really did my home work and carefully collected all the evidences to paint our relationship into a picture. The strong side of our relationship is quite obvious that we are living together, have two wonderful children, happily married for 5 and half years, owned house together, I am on my wife's health insurance and is a beneficiary of her life insurance, and etc. But the difficult part is to convince the VO that our marriage isn't a marriage of convenience. The 5 and half years of marriage before applying immigration to Canada could reduce the risk to a point, but certainly it is not enough, so I carefully wrote several letters by presenting an idea to VO that the decision to move back to Canada is my wife's idea and a difficult decision to make for her (completely true), also, I asked my previous roommate, my parents, my wife's sister, niece and her friends to provide us supporting letters to support our relationship and specifically stated that if my wife and I should separated, it will cause unnecessary hardship for us and our children.

Anyway, just like what I said, there was a lucky part in play, that probably I was chosen as a case that met all criteria of OB570, which is the program runs by CIC for some straight forward cases processed by CPC-Mississauga.

Reactions: huey9