Category........
Visa Office......
HKVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-03-2015
Doc's Request.
09-03-2016(police clearance request. PC sent to HKVO on 30-03-2016)
AOR Received.
24-04-2015
File Transfer...
24-05-2015
Med's Request
9-03-2016(redo medical)
Med's Done....
24-02-2015, 16-03-2016(redo)
Interview........
08-03-2016 (Approved at interview)
Passport Req..
No ppr(HK passport holder)
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2016(COPR, no visa needed)
LANDED..........
18-05-2016
ALGBVB11 said:
Hi hfts,

I got an other major issue, I found out my name is wrong on AOR 1&2 email and my lawyer sent an email to HKVO office, email: HKONG.IM-EMAIL-COURRIEL@international.gc.ca said that the name was wrong and request to update. Until now, the ecase system still showing the wrong name.

Is there anyway i can call or other correct email to HKVO to request the update of my name? I'm so worry it will affect the DM process :(

P.S. HKVO is received my medical reports/police report which shown my correct name.

Thanks
I would suggest to send the name change through the case enquiry form again :
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=hong%20kong&_ga=1.184637609.1611957529.1432088521

I have similar problem before, when the ecas showed my previous address but hkvo confirmed they have the updated address in their system when I asked during interview. They may not reply you or the ecas system does not show the most updated information.
Order your notes and see if they made the change as your name is very important for your application to process correctly without delays.

ALGBVB11

May 8, 2016
hfts said:
I would suggest to send the name change through the case enquiry form again :

I have similar problem before, when the ecas showed my previous address but hkvo confirmed they have the updated address in their system when I asked during interview. They may not reply you or the ecas system does not show the most updated information.
Order your notes and see if they made the change as your name is very important for your application to process correctly without delays.
Hi hfts,

Thanks, i just sent an request through the case enquiry form again, hope they will reply or update my name in ecase system soon.

conniecheng

Star Member
Mar 18, 2016
hi there, my application status on the internet just changed to decision made. I am just wondering what can I.do.now since I.did not rececive any mail yet. Is it there still have chance that my application get reject?

thank you for helping

cheng9999

Dec 14, 2015
conniecheng said:
hi there, my application status on the internet just changed to decision made. I am just wondering what can I.do.now since I.did not rececive any mail yet. Is it there still have chance that my application get reject?

thank you for helping
Congratulations. Most likely you will get COPR in your mail (if you have Visa-exempt passport). That is, assuming your case has been straight-forward (married for a while, with kids, proof you will move back to Canada, etc. etc.).

When did this happen? In some cases, it can take a few weeks.

There are odd cases here that it shows DM in eCas, but nothing for many weeks. If you are really concerned, you can order GCMS notes right now...it is the only way to tell you that the DM is really DM.

conniecheng

Star Member
Mar 18, 2016
cheng9999 said:
Congratulations. Most likely you will get COPR in your mail (if you have Visa-exempt passport). That is, assuming your case has been straight-forward (married for a while, with kids, proof you will move back to Canada, etc. etc.).

When did this happen? In some cases, it can take a few weeks.

There are odd cases here that it shows DM in eCas, but nothing for many weeks. If you are really concerned, you can order GCMS notes right now...it is the only way to tell you that the DM is really DM.
thank you for helping. I just found out a few hour ago, so i believe it changes to DM yesterday or today. sorry may i ask u what is GCMS note and how to use.it ?

cheng9999

Dec 14, 2015
conniecheng said:
thank you for helping. I just found out a few hour ago, so i believe it changes to DM yesterday or today. sorry may i ask u what is GCMS note and how to use.it ?
You should get COPR soon.

As for GCMS notes, they are basically your case files. Since by now you got DM, it will say what DM is about.

Eagles333 has a very detailed thread around the subject of GCMS notes. If you want to order them, it only costs 5 dollars, and you would know what exactly the case officers say about your case. It really has little value now as you'll get COPR...that said, if there are errors in your mailing address, you would be able to check as such information would be in the notes. After all, COPR will be mailed without even informing you, so if HKVO mailed to a wrong address, you would never know. The address could be HKVO's mistake or yours...I think humans are involved in some way, and there could always be errors.

For how to order them, just search in Youtube "How to Request ATIP ( GCMS Notes )" to give you a step by step instructions.

conniecheng

Star Member
Mar 18, 2016
cheng9999 said:
You should get COPR soon.

As for GCMS notes, they are basically your case files. Since by now you got DM, it will say what DM is about.

Eagles333 has a very detailed thread around the subject of GCMS notes. If you want to order them, it only costs 5 dollars, and you would know what exactly the case officers say about your case. It really has little value now as you'll get COPR...that said, if there are errors in your mailing address, you would be able to check as such information would be in the notes. After all, COPR will be mailed without even informing you, so if HKVO mailed to a wrong address, you would never know. The address could be HKVO's mistake or yours...I think humans are involved in some way, and there could always be errors.

For how to order them, just search in Youtube "How to Request ATIP ( GCMS Notes )" to give you a step by step instructions.

ic....however, i found out there is some weird thing is, the DM only changed on the PR application side which is for myself, the sponsor side is still in process, which is for my husband. is this normal?

cheng9999

Dec 14, 2015
eCas is not reliable. For some, it still says in process, but COPR already issued and received. But on the other hand, if it says DM, it means DM.

FYI, same for us...sponsor side still shows in process. Applicant says DM, but no details when clicking further.

conniecheng

Star Member
Mar 18, 2016
cheng9999 said:
eCas is not reliable. For some, it still says in process, but COPR already issued and received. But on the other hand, if it says DM, it means DM.

FYI, same for us...sponsor side still shows in process. Applicant says DM, but no details when clicking further.
exactly. I didnt receive any email this time becasue we always receive email from CIC when they need information from us.

cheng9999

Dec 14, 2015
conniecheng said:
exactly. I didnt receive any email this time becasue we always receive email from CIC when they need information from us.
COPR has 2 copies, so 2 pieces of paper, so they come via normal mail. No warning, no email to tell you, you get it in your mail.

We also got instructions to take 2 new photos in new sizes. It did not say what to do with the pictures...I asked HKVO, and got response after about 3 weeks...tell us to bring the photo for use during landing. Presumably for applying for the PR card.

conniecheng

Star Member
Mar 18, 2016
cheng9999 said:
COPR has 2 copies, so 2 pieces of paper, so they come via normal mail. No warning, no email to tell you, you get it in your mail.

We also got instructions to take 2 new photos in new sizes. It did not say what to do with the pictures...I asked HKVO, and got response after about 3 weeks...tell us to bring the photo for use during landing. Presumably for applying for the PR card.
sorry, i am also.wondering is.it COPR is.only.thing i need.to get for.me to go canada? do I need PPR? i am from Hong Kong
thank tou

cheng9999

Dec 14, 2015
conniecheng said:
sorry, i am also.wondering is.it COPR is.only.thing i need.to get for.me to go canada? do I need PPR? i am from Hong Kong
thank tou
When you get your COPR, you should check if there are any errors. If not, you are set to go. It should have expiry date the same as your medical...it may not be the exact same day you did your medical check up, perhaps a few days difference. You need to land before the COPR expiry date.

For the pictures, if you applied last year and the photos were smaller size, the new ones are 5 x 7 cm, and need to have the photographer info on the back. Very similar to passport picture requirements with photographer on the back, date when the picture is taken, so on. You do not have the send them to HKVO, but bring them with you to land.

That's it. Congratulations.

conniecheng

Star Member
Mar 18, 2016
cheng9999 said:
When you get your COPR, you should check if there are any errors. If not, you are set to go. It should have expiry date the same as your medical...it may not be the exact same day you did your medical check up, perhaps a few days difference. You need to land before the COPR expiry date.

For the pictures, if you applied last year and the photos were smaller size, the new ones are 5 x 7 cm, and need to have the photographer info on the back. Very similar to passport picture requirements with photographer on the back, date when the picture is taken, so on. You do not have the send them to HKVO, but bring them with you to land.

That's it. Congratulations.
thank you so much

Im2nice4u

Oct 27, 2014
hicks74 said:
What exactly will the VAC in Beijing send to my wife? My understanding is it will be just the passport with VISA and the COPR.

I ask because my mother-in-law seems to think we cannot open what they send or my wife cannot go to Canada for 16 months. I have no idea where she gets this idea from. We must open it, or my wife wont be able to get on an airplane even.
Hi hicks74,

Did you receive the VISA from VAC yet?

I sent my wife's passport on april 29 still don't have any news yet....why is taking so long!! OMG!! I cant wait to book the air ticket :(