+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hong Kong timeline

braveblade

Star Member
Jan 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Still no PPR after a week of DM.

I have a question for people got PPR recently. Right now my ECAS page still shows the same 4 lines as in the IP step. When you received your PPR, did HKVO add another line like "Decision has been made. You will get a reply very soon", or nothing was added even after receiving PPR?

benitaagogo

Apr 4, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
HKVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2015, CIC received 03-05-2015
AOR Received.
04-16-2015, SA 04-30-2015
File Transfer...
05-07-2015
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
waived, IP on Oct.9, DM on Nov.12
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
12-06-2015
braveblade said:

I have a question for people got PPR recently. Right now my ECAS page still shows the same 4 lines as in the IP step. When you received your PPR, did HKVO add another line like "Decision has been made. You will get a reply very soon", or nothing was added even after receiving PPR?
Quoted from another forum :

发表于 2015-11-3 11:08
被担保人 ip的时候 网络查询有什么变化吗 还是以邮件为主呢

IP网查时多一条,查到DM里面没有变化,就是外面由IP变成DM,两天后就收到补户信了。

According to it, there's no line added or difference from IP to DM.

braveblade

Star Member
Jan 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
benitaagogo said:
Quoted from another forum :

发表于 2015-11-3 11:08
被担保人 ip的时候 网络查询有什么变化吗 还是以邮件为主呢

IP网查时多一条,查到DM里面没有变化,就是外面由IP变成DM,两天后就收到补户信了。

According to it, there's no line added or difference from IP to DM.
Thank you!
This guy received PPR in 2 days... Wish I have that luck.

tofuboi

Star Member
Apr 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2014
AOR Received.
AOR1 21-03-2015 AOR2 16-04-2015
File Transfer...
30-03-2015
Med's Request
20-08-2015
Med's Done....
20-01-2014 2nd - 28-08-2015
Interview........
NIL
Passport Req..
09-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
10-28-2015
LANDED..........
01-09-2016
braveblade said:

Mine says nothing.

1219mimi

Oct 29, 2015
1219mimi said:
Hi hi LN9714, congrats for your DM =)
Canada really is a great place

hope you may help me about these questions

1) after police check (just use AOR1 sponsor UCI do it), do I need to upload the receipt pdf to eCAS and mail it to Quarry Bay office again?
2) body check also. (new file because they do not have sponsor UCI info in system HK)
3) cap picture...
(h t t p ://i.imgur.com/JCnFtEZ.png)
(consent to release) that part I forgot to fill in but signed at the bottom
do you think is good idea to mail them back (original) or ignore until they maybe ask for?
4) for PPR that part, what do you think if upload to eCAS before they request?

billion thanks 8)
anyone can help or any suggestion?
thanksssssssss

jmo1968

Star Member
Aug 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5 Jan 2015
AOR Received.
AOR1 10 March 2015/AOR2:21 April 2015
File Transfer...
12 March 2015
Med's Done....
13 Aug 2014
sashali78 said:
New IPs started only from applications filed around May this year. New IP also coincides with or is around the AOR2 date while the old was coming months after AOR2. If you look at vanhk timeline, you will see her is an old IP type
Its funny my IP was dated before AOR2....thats why I was a bit confused.

Martinzx

May 31, 2015
HI Guys,

after got PPR, is there any extra fees need to pay?

I remembered that I paid a fee when submitting our application.

Do I need to pay a separate fee when sending my passport for a Visa?

it stated that in PPR email that:

"For the principal applicant and accompanying spouse (if not the sponsor):
¨ If not yet paid: Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF). We strongly encourage you to pay your fees online and to submit a copy of your receipt to our office. For information regarding fees and exemptions, please visit: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/index.asp."

THANKS

smoothsailing

May 19, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2015
AOR Received.
27-06-2015 Spons Apprvd.: 27-07-2015
File Transfer...
11-08-2015 AOR2
Med's Done....
30-04-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
30-01-2016
LANDED..........
12-04-2016
Martinzx said:
HI Guys,

after got PPR, is there any extra fees need to pay?

I remembered that I paid a fee when submitting our application.

Do I need to pay a separate fee when sending my passport for a Visa?

it stated that in PPR email that:

"For the principal applicant and accompanying spouse (if not the sponsor):
¨ If not yet paid: Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF). We strongly encourage you to pay your fees online and to submit a copy of your receipt to our office. For information regarding fees and exemptions, please visit: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/index.asp."

THANKS
If you are only sponsoring your spouse and you paid $1,040 at the start of the process then that is all you have to pay. Nothing more after PPR. You were allowed to delay paying the $490 for RPRF so if you didn't pay it before and had only sent $550 then CIC is pushing you to send it now.

bobopoolpool

Nov 5, 2015
Hi All

My application status has changed to decision made on 9 Oct. I have moved to Canada and change my mail and home address in CIC. However, HKVO did not sent any PPR or COPR to neither my Canadian address nor my previous HK address. I have sent several email to CIC HKVO but nothing reply. Anybody encounter the same situation?

tofuboi

Star Member
Apr 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2014
AOR Received.
AOR1 21-03-2015 AOR2 16-04-2015
File Transfer...
30-03-2015
Med's Request
20-08-2015
Med's Done....
20-01-2014 2nd - 28-08-2015
Interview........
NIL
Passport Req..
09-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
10-28-2015
LANDED..........
01-09-2016
bobopoolpool said:
Hi All

My application status has changed to decision made on 9 Oct. I have moved to Canada and change my mail and home address in CIC. However, HKVO did not sent any PPR or COPR to neither my Canadian address nor my previous HK address. I have sent several email to CIC HKVO but nothing reply. Anybody encounter the same situation?
HKVO never sent me any snail mail. It's always been email with a PDF.

Yuapyuap

Jul 30, 2015
Hi to all brothers and sisters here,

I would like to say a big thank you to you all, especially Smoothsailing, as I received valuable answers regarding to the overseas (Hong Kong) spousal sponsorship, and thereafter, I submitted the application around mid Aug 2015 in Canada.

Today, my wife, the principle applicant, just received an email from the Consulate General of Canada in Hong Kong. Again, I really want to seek advice from regarding to this email. Please view my comments in blue and correct me if I am wrong.

For the principal applicant and all dependants, whether accompanying you to Canada or not:
¨ You are required to do a medical exam if you have not yet done so or your medical exam results will expire within the next 120 days. Medical instruction forms will be sent to you separately if required.Done already and it expires in 2025. Shall I send the medical sheet to them again?
¨ If not yet submitted: Copy of Hukou (household register) if you reside in the People’s Republic of China or Taiwan, accompanied by a notarized translation into either English or French. Translation must be part of the notarized booklet. Not applicable
¨ If not yet submitted: Copy of the bio-data page of your valid passport. I submitted, but shall I submit it again to speed up the process?

For the principal applicant and all dependants 18 and over, whether accompanying you to Canada or not:
¨ Updated Schedule A: imm5669E. You must declare your personal history from the age of 18 (not only the past 10 years).To be honest, there isn't much to update. However, it is difficult to declare my wife's personal history from 18 as she was still a student and there will not have enough space for all the information. Can I use the "Education" field as to saying this will be the personal history starting from 18?
¨ If not yet submitted: Original police certificates from each country in which you or your dependants (whether accompanying you to Canada or not) have spent 6 consecutive months or more since the age of 18. If you are unable to submit police certificate(s) within the 30 day deadline, submit proof of having applied for the certificate with your package. We are processing this, and should be ok
For the principal applicant:
¨ If not yet paid and not exempt: Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF). We strongly encourage you to pay your fees online and to submit a copy of your receipt to our office. I have already paid. Shall I send the receipt to them again?

For all dependant children:
¨ If not yet submitted: Copy of the original hospital birth certificate. For children born in the People’s Republic of China: You must submit a notarized copy of the original hospital birth certificate issued by the PRC Ministry of Health (If this is not available, you must submit an explanation as to why this document cannot be submitted). Not applicable as we don't have kids

I would like to say thank you to everyone of you here and will keep updating as my progress as well.

Thanks,
Yuapyuap

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yuapyuap said:
Hi to all brothers and sisters here,

I would like to say a big thank you to you all, especially Smoothsailing, as I received valuable answers regarding to the overseas (Hong Kong) spousal sponsorship, and thereafter, I submitted the application around mid Aug 2015 in Canada.

Today, my wife, the principle applicant, just received an email from the Consulate General of Canada in Hong Kong. Again, I really want to seek advice from regarding to this email. Please view my comments in blue and correct me if I am wrong.

For the principal applicant and all dependants, whether accompanying you to Canada or not:
¨ You are required to do a medical exam if you have not yet done so or your medical exam results will expire within the next 120 days. Medical instruction forms will be sent to you separately if required.Done already and it expires in 2025. Shall I send the medical sheet to them again?
¨ If not yet submitted: Copy of Hukou (household register) if you reside in the People’s Republic of China or Taiwan, accompanied by a notarized translation into either English or French. Translation must be part of the notarized booklet. Not applicable
¨ If not yet submitted: Copy of the bio-data page of your valid passport. I submitted, but shall I submit it again to speed up the process?

For the principal applicant and all dependants 18 and over, whether accompanying you to Canada or not:
¨ Updated Schedule A: imm5669E. You must declare your personal history from the age of 18 (not only the past 10 years).To be honest, there isn't much to update. However, it is difficult to declare my wife's personal history from 18 as she was still a student and there will not have enough space for all the information. Can I use the "Education" field as to saying this will be the personal history starting from 18?
¨ If not yet submitted: Original police certificates from each country in which you or your dependants (whether accompanying you to Canada or not) have spent 6 consecutive months or more since the age of 18. If you are unable to submit police certificate(s) within the 30 day deadline, submit proof of having applied for the certificate with your package. We are processing this, and should be ok
For the principal applicant:
¨ If not yet paid and not exempt: Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF). We strongly encourage you to pay your fees online and to submit a copy of your receipt to our office. I have already paid. Shall I send the receipt to them again?

For all dependant children:
¨ If not yet submitted: Copy of the original hospital birth certificate. For children born in the People’s Republic of China: You must submit a notarized copy of the original hospital birth certificate issued by the PRC Ministry of Health (If this is not available, you must submit an explanation as to why this document cannot be submitted). Not applicable as we don't have kids

I would like to say thank you to everyone of you here and will keep updating as my progress as well.

Thanks,
Yuapyuap
Seems like you just got an AOR2, congrats. If you already provided them with the requested documents you don't need to provide those again - part of this email is just a generic repky. However, history since age of 18 is a requirement and failing to provide it may delay your file and put your application through further scrutiny.

braveblade

Star Member
Jan 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anyone who got DM in end of oct or beginning of nov got ppr request yet? And also, why some people got ppr 0 - 2 days after dm, and some people needed to wait 20 days for ppr after dm? Any particular reason? And does HKVO have a contact number to call to find out what decision was being made? Thanks.