20-08-2015
Med's Done....
13-09-2014(1st) 22-08-2015(2nd)
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
Decision Made 13-11-2015
I say re-do medical asap.

CIC asked me to re-do medical in August...my first medical expired in September though.

and it has been 1 month since CIC received my 2nd medical result...still no updated news...:(

Martinzx said:
Hi there,

A good news for everyone who submitted their file around Dec 2014.

Today, I received an email from CIC that request a medical exam. I submitted my file on Dec 18, 2014. for those who submitted their file round same time, your file is being reviewed now by CIC and will have a result very soon.

now, it comes to my questions. I actually have submitted my medical exam,which is done in Nov, 2014, along with my application. my online status shows that medical result is received by cic. why on earth, cic asked it again? any guess? ( I don't think it has expired, hasn't it?)

now I have 2 option: 1, to send an email to cic to notify that a valid medical exam is in place and confirm that I do need to redo it as requested.

2, simply just redo it asap. ( cost 400 cad and 3 days though).

of course 2 would be a wise choice, but anyone would suggestion me to try option 1?

Thanks

smoothsailing

May 19, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2015
AOR Received.
27-06-2015 Spons Apprvd.: 27-07-2015
File Transfer...
11-08-2015 AOR2
Med's Done....
30-04-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
30-01-2016
LANDED..........
12-04-2016
Martinzx said:
Hi there,

Today, I received an email from CIC that request a medical exam. I submitted my file on Dec 18, 2014. for those who submitted their file round same time, your file is being reviewed now by CIC and will have a result very soon.

now, it comes to my questions. I actually have submitted my medical exam,which is done in Nov, 2014, along with my application. my online status shows that medical result is received by cic. why on earth, cic asked it again? any guess? ( I don't think it has expired, hasn't it?)

now I have 2 option: 1, to send an email to cic to notify that a valid medical exam is in place and confirm that I do need to redo it as requested.

of course 2 would be a wise choice, but anyone would suggestion me to try option 1?

Thanks
Option 3: Don't even think of doing Option 1 and waiting a month for CIC to simply reply yes do as we asked in the email. Do Option 2 which you admit is wise although the annoying added cost.

Martinzx

May 31, 2015
vanhk said:
I say re-do medical asap.

CIC asked me to re-do medical in August...my first medical expired in September though.

and it has been 1 month since CIC received my 2nd medical result...still no updated news...:(
THANKS, that's bad, hope you get your PPR soon. I checked the website "Your medical exam results are valid for 12 months only. If you do not come to Canada as a permanent resident within that time, you may need to have another exam." i guess, the redo medi request is for leaving enough room for me till landing, giving all rest of process could take up more than 2 month........shoot.

Another questions, I am currently holding a valid TRV (expiry 2017), do I still be asked to sent my Passport? I mean, is there any chance that CIC just send me the CORP? I think the whole purpose of PPR is for a visa to go aboard and do the landing, (otherwise, the airline gonna stop you at the gate). any thoughts?

cutietal.

Aug 19, 2015
Martinzx,

Im so worried now since im Dec 19 applicant.
A higher chance that they will ask me to redo med as well since I havent heard from them since IP. ><

cutietal

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Martinzx said:
THANKS, that's bad, hope you get your PPR soon. I checked the website "Your medical exam results are valid for 12 months only. If you do not come to Canada as a permanent resident within that time, you may need to have another exam." i guess, the redo medi request is for leaving enough room for me till landing, giving all rest of process could take up more than 2 month........shoot.

Another questions, I am currently holding a valid TRV (expiry 2017), do I still be asked to sent my Passport? I mean, is there any chance that CIC just send me the CORP? I think the whole purpose of PPR is for a visa to go aboard and do the landing, (otherwise, the airline gonna stop you at the gate). any thoughts?
Your understanding is probably correct but there is a standard process the VO is following to issue COPRs; for non-visa exempt countries the process includes cancelling previous visas and issuing a one time landing visa. If you ask them to deviate from that process it may actually work (or may not), but in either case it is likely to add more delays to your processing times rather than shortening it. I wouldn't do it if i were you.

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cutietal. said:
Martinzx,

Im so worried now since im Dec 19 applicant.
A higher chance that they will ask me to redo med as well since I havent heard from them since IP. ><

cutietal
Just adding my 2 cents, if you haven't receive PPR yet and there is less than 2 months for your medical validity - i would proactively make new medicals and send them to CIC. It is unlikely that the process of getting PPR + sending passport to VO + getting it back + doing landing will take less than 2 months.

AccordV6

Aug 27, 2015
Hi Martinzx,

Unfortunately, I don't have a good suggestion to your two options.... but I can tell you a few things to help you make a right decision.

I believe my case and your case are similar in terms of the time frame (ex application rec'd and Medical) as I am a Dec 12, 2014 applicant. My status is currently at 'Decision Made' with passport submitted to Beijing VAC (still waiting for the passport to come back). I see that your passport is mainland as well, so which means you do need to submit your passport to Beijing VO (not HK VO). I know Beijing embassy will typically hold onto the applicants' passport for another 3 to 4 weeks. Therefore, you need to add that on as well. (Just cannot assume a 1 week passport turnaround time like the Hong Kong passport holders)

Basically, you are facing these two situations; that is, the HK VO document response time + Beijing VO passport turnaround time..

Hope this helps

AccordV6

Martinzx

May 31, 2015
AccordV6 said:
Hi Martinzx,

Unfortunately, I don't have a good suggestion to your two options.... but I can tell you a few things to help you make a right decision.

I believe my case and your case are similar in terms of the time frame (ex application rec'd and Medical) as I am a Dec 12, 2014 applicant. My status is currently at 'Decision Made' with passport submitted to Beijing VAC (still waiting for the passport to come back). I see that your passport is mainland as well, so which means you do need to submit your passport to Beijing VO (not HK VO). I know Beijing embassy will typically hold onto the applicants' passport for another 3 to 4 weeks. Therefore, you need to add that on as well. (Just cannot assume a 1 week passport turnaround time like the Hong Kong passport holders)

Basically, you are facing these two situations; that is, the HK VO document response time + Beijing VO passport turnaround time..

Hope this helps

AccordV6
Thanks for your information. do you currently or have been in Canada? or have a work permit or TRV?

Course in my case, CIC originally assigned my case to HKVO, not to Beijing As I am in Canada now.

Hopefully, It don't have to go to Beijing office, or it will take at least 2 more month.......

bukeluke

Apr 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2014
Doc's Request.
30-09-2015
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
03-03-2015
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
11-03-2015 (SA)
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
3-12-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
03-11-2015
LANDED..........
20-11-2015
Martinzx said:
Hi there,

Thanks
Mine around same date, status had been IP in early aug. I didn't receive any about redo medical exam as will expire beginning of dec. does that mean mine will approve soon?

tlove45

Mar 26, 2015
bukeluke said:
Mine around same date, status had been IP in early aug. I didn't receive any about redo medical exam as will expire beginning of dec. does that mean mine will approve soon?
I'm not sure. My medical was in October 31, 2014 and I wasn't asked to redo yet either. I think we will need to redo ours :( . It would be nice if we could hear somebody get PPR lol

cutietal.

Aug 19, 2015
tlove45 said:
I'm not sure. My medical was in October 31, 2014 and I wasn't asked to redo yet either. I think we will need to redo ours :( . It would be nice if we could hear somebody get PPR lol
bukeluke said:
same here. we are on the same page. Im worried. :(
let's pray for each other!

vinsss

Jun 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-26-2015
AOR Received.
01-08-2015
File Transfer...
09-09-2015
Med's Request
Up Front
Med's Done....
Up front
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/a
VISA ISSUED...
25-02-2016
LANDED..........
05-03-2016
Thank you

waiwera said:
I printed the email i received from HKVO, and brought it to HK police headquarter, filled up the form to apply for the police certificate. paid the fee, got the receipt and send it to HKVO with other documents they requested. the pcc will be sent directly to HKVO within 4 weeks.
good luck

vanhk

Star Member
Aug 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2014
AOR Received.
18-02-2015
File Transfer...
11-03-2015
Med's Request
20-08-2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
Decision Made 13-11-2015
any good news?

They stop working in Sept?? :-[

cutietal.

Aug 19, 2015
vanhk said:
any good news?

They stop working in Sept?? :-[
I have been checking other forums and seems no one is getting anything in Sept.
some applicants sent their redo med 5-6 weeks ago and still now news.

vanhk

Star Member
Aug 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2014
AOR Received.
18-02-2015
File Transfer...
11-03-2015
Med's Request
20-08-2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
Decision Made 13-11-2015
I sent my redo medical 5 weeks ago... :'(

cutietal. said:
I have been checking other forums and seems no one is getting anything in Sept.
some applicants sent their redo med 5-6 weeks ago and still now news.