+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hong Kong timeline

tlove45

Mar 26, 2015
vanhk said:
We're planing go back to Canada together in Dec...not sure if visa will be ready before Dec though :(
I feel you vanhk and tofuboi. I couldn't wait any longer and am going to visit my wife from October 1-12. We planned for her to fly back to Canada with me because everything was looking good in August. Instead will be flying back to Canada alone with half of her things in my suitcase. Even booked a wedding ceremony in Canada for November 14. I bought all of these welcome gifts and have them waiting in a basket at home along with a big "Welcome Home" sign.

I remember a period in July where we didn't hear anything for a couple weeks then got all these IP updates. Hopefully we will soon be getting PPR just like we got IP. Vanhk, I think we should be at least grateful that they see our relationships as genuine. It's only a matter of time until we get PPR and we can start our new lives. I hope our visas would be ready by November...

vanhk

Star Member
Aug 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2014
AOR Received.
18-02-2015
File Transfer...
11-03-2015
Med's Request
20-08-2015
Med's Done....
13-09-2014(1st) 22-08-2015(2nd)
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
Decision Made 13-11-2015
Thank you! :)

We did 2nd medical on August 22nd...

have been waiting for PPR since then :(

sashali78 said:
Congrats, that's the best types of notes one can get:)

vanhk

Star Member
Aug 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2014
AOR Received.
18-02-2015
File Transfer...
11-03-2015
Med's Request
20-08-2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
Decision Made 13-11-2015
Hi tlove45, I really hope our visas will be ready soon. We are planing to celebrate Christmas together in Canada this year :) Maybe good news will come in Oct.!

tlove45 said:
I feel you vanhk and tofuboi. I couldn't wait any longer and am going to visit my wife from October 1-12. We planned for her to fly back to Canada with me because everything was looking good in August. Instead will be flying back to Canada alone with half of her things in my suitcase. Even booked a wedding ceremony in Canada for November 14. I bought all of these welcome gifts and have them waiting in a basket at home along with a big "Welcome Home" sign.

I remember a period in July where we didn't hear anything for a couple weeks then got all these IP updates. Hopefully we will soon be getting PPR just like we got IP. Vanhk, I think we should be at least grateful that they see our relationships as genuine. It's only a matter of time until we get PPR and we can start our new lives. I hope our visas would be ready by November...

AccordV6

Aug 27, 2015
Congrat to those with new status update :)

Does anyone know which courier service that Beijing VAC uses?? I am guessing EMS??

Thru the VAC online tracking, I got this message...

"Passport has been couriered from the Canada Visa Application Centre, vide courier partner. To track the status of the shipment, please visit courier partner website."

This obviously is not very helpful and it is so vague :(.

Thanks in advance,

AccordV6

tlove45

Mar 26, 2015
vanhk said:
Hi tlove45, I really hope our visas will be ready soon. We are planing to celebrate Christmas together in Canada this year :) Maybe good news will come in Oct.!
Hey vanhk, it would be wonderful for us to be able to celebrate Christmas then! I'm super excited about being able to celebrate it together too :) Are you excited about flying back together? We have to get some good news before then for sure. It's nice we can get through this together. I'm willing to bet our PPR will come within a couple days of each other.

smoothsailing

May 19, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2015
AOR Received.
27-06-2015 Spons Apprvd.: 27-07-2015
File Transfer...
11-08-2015 AOR2
Med's Done....
30-04-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
30-01-2016
LANDED..........
12-04-2016
tlove45 said:

Good luck to you all getting your spouses to Canada as soon as can be reasonably hoped. I will be visiting my wife for almost 2 months from later in November. We are hoping she can be here before her upfront medical expires at end of April. On the positive side of waiting until later in April she gets to avoid the cold shock of an Alberta winter. She has never seen it snow but it can happen in May, especially if we take a trip into the mountains.

vinsss

Jun 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-26-2015
AOR Received.
01-08-2015
File Transfer...
09-09-2015
Med's Request
Up Front
Med's Done....
Up front
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/a
VISA ISSUED...
25-02-2016
LANDED..........
05-03-2016
Hi everyone. I received a email from Consulate General of Canada In HK yesterday requesting additional document. the email contain 2 part PART 1 DOCUMENT REQUEST PART 2 GENERAL INFORMATION

One of the point i got stuck is below where i need to get the police certificate.

If not yet submitted: Original police certificates from each country in which you or your dependants (whether accompanying you to Canada or not) have spent 6 consecutive months or more since the age of 18. For instructions on how to obtain police certificates for specific countries, click here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/index.asp. If you are unable to submit police certificate(s) within the 30 day deadline, submit proof of having applied for the certificate with your package.

Should i bring the email that was sent from Consulate General of Canada and mail it to HK police office or i should be expecting another official email/ mail requesting the police certificate. According to the requirement for the police certificate i need to provide:

Your Hong Kong identity card or valid travel document
The original letter from the Canadian Consulate General requesting a police certificate
The original and a photocopy of the documents proving your relationship with the Principal Applicant for the visa application if the letter from the Canadian Consulate General does not contain your name (for dependents of the Principal Applicant only)
Fingerprints will be taken at the time of application
Applicable fees

The issue is i dont even have the original letter from CCG requesting a police certificate. is this email consider as the original letter?

Thank you

cutietal.

Aug 19, 2015
vanhk said:
Received the notes we ordered last month yesterday...

Eligibility passed on August 13...Online Status updated to IP on August 14...
VO' comment:satisfied that PA and SPNR have a genuine FC1 relationship with each other

Still no PPR...:(
Your status changed to IP on Aug 14, right?
i am thinking it might indicate that they approve our genuine relationship if the status has changed to IP for everyone.
Dont know if it would be the case.

waiwera

Star Member
Mar 6, 2014
Hong Kong
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-03-2014
Doc's Request.
06-06-2014
Nomination.....
15-10-2014
Med's Request
03-07-2015
Med's Done....
27-07-2015 Additional Med Done: 01-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Rejected ^_^
LANDED..........
Let's try again some other time
vinsss said:
Hi everyone. I received a email from Consulate General of Canada In HK yesterday requesting additional document. the email contain 2 part PART 1 DOCUMENT REQUEST PART 2 GENERAL INFORMATION

One of the point i got stuck is below where i need to get the police certificate.

If not yet submitted: Original police certificates from each country in which you or your dependants (whether accompanying you to Canada or not) have spent 6 consecutive months or more since the age of 18. For instructions on how to obtain police certificates for specific countries, click here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/index.asp. If you are unable to submit police certificate(s) within the 30 day deadline, submit proof of having applied for the certificate with your package.

Should i bring the email that was sent from Consulate General of Canada and mail it to HK police office or i should be expecting another official email/ mail requesting the police certificate. According to the requirement for the police certificate i need to provide:

Your Hong Kong identity card or valid travel document
The original letter from the Canadian Consulate General requesting a police certificate
The original and a photocopy of the documents proving your relationship with the Principal Applicant for the visa application if the letter from the Canadian Consulate General does not contain your name (for dependents of the Principal Applicant only)
Fingerprints will be taken at the time of application
Applicable fees

The issue is i dont even have the original letter from CCG requesting a police certificate. is this email consider as the original letter?

Thank you
I printed the email i received from HKVO, and brought it to HK police headquarter, filled up the form to apply for the police certificate. paid the fee, got the receipt and send it to HKVO with other documents they requested. the pcc will be sent directly to HKVO within 4 weeks.
good luck

vanhk

Star Member
Aug 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2014
AOR Received.
18-02-2015
File Transfer...
11-03-2015
Med's Request
20-08-2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
Decision Made 13-11-2015
New week! New hope! :D

smoothsailing

May 19, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2015
AOR Received.
27-06-2015 Spons Apprvd.: 27-07-2015
File Transfer...
11-08-2015 AOR2
Med's Done....
30-04-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
30-01-2016
LANDED..........
12-04-2016
vanhk said:
New week! New hope! :D
And a new season Autumn about to start. Good luck for the new season. I can only realistically hope my wife sees Spring 2016 in Canada

qiuchanghk

Aug 17, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
16-12-2014
AOR Received.
02-03-2015
Med's Done....
13-12-2014
vanhk said:
Same case here.

Planing to visit my Husband in Vancouver nest month and stay there waiting Good News.

May I know which city u guys live ?

vanhk

Star Member
Aug 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2014
AOR Received.
18-02-2015
File Transfer...
11-03-2015
Med's Request
20-08-2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
Decision Made 13-11-2015
vancouver~:)

qiuchanghk said:
Same case here.

Planing to visit my Husband in Vancouver nest month and stay there waiting Good News.

May I know which city u guys live ?

damienyang

Aug 18, 2015
AccordV6 said:
Congrat to those with new status update :)

Does anyone know which courier service that Beijing VAC uses?? I am guessing EMS??

Thru the VAC online tracking, I got this message...

"Passport has been couriered from the Canada Visa Application Centre, vide courier partner. To track the status of the shipment, please visit courier partner website."

This obviously is not very helpful and it is so vague :(.

Thanks in advance,

AccordV6

Congrats first!!!

May I ask are you from mainland China or are you HK pr?

Martinzx

May 31, 2015
Hi there,

A good news for everyone who submitted their file around Dec 2014.

Today, I received an email from CIC that request a medical exam. I submitted my file on Dec 18, 2014. for those who submitted their file round same time, your file is being reviewed now by CIC and will have a result very soon.

now, it comes to my questions. I actually have submitted my medical exam,which is done in Nov, 2014, along with my application. my online status shows that medical result is received by cic. why on earth, cic asked it again? any guess? ( I don't think it has expired, hasn't it?)

now I have 2 option: 1, to send an email to cic to notify that a valid medical exam is in place and confirm that I do need to redo it as requested.

2, simply just redo it asap. ( cost 400 cad and 3 days though).

of course 2 would be a wise choice, but anyone would suggestion me to try option 1?

Thanks