+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hong Kong timeline

shanchu

Jan 17, 2013
titin said:
My application is "In process" on September 15 and I received a police report document request on September 17th. HK office received my original police report on September 22. They never asked for the passport. It has been three weeks since the system went to "in process" and two weeks since they received the requested document. Does everyone know when I will get the passport request?
Hi Titin,

How did u check whether HK Visa office has received your police cert? My current status is very similar to yours. I received the police cert request on Oct 15. Thank you very much!

BunnyB

Star Member
May 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 26 2014
Doc's Request.
received procedural fairness letter
AOR Received.
May 06 2014 , AOR2 Jun 03 2014
File Transfer...
May 08 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 22 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Aug 28, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 30, 2014
LANDED..........
01 Dec 2014
shanchu said:
Hi there,

Usually what is the validity of the visa once we get approved? Someone said 2 months which is short. Does anyone here got a longer period of time? Thanks!
It is the anniversary of your medical. Say your medical was done on May 01 2014, then your visa will expire May 01 2015 or your passport expiry date whichever is soonest.

Vivi555

May 29, 2013
Hi all,

I may need some advice from u guys.

I receive an Email from HKVO about request police certificate from hk police & photo
Just wondering after send back those document, when HKVO will send me a passport request?

Cuz I have a trip with my friend to Korea in mid-December
I'm afraid they will send me passport request while I'm on my trip / before the trip.

From other topic, I saw someone said it normally take 2~8 weeks for VO to stamp on passport.
I'm thinking should I cancel the trip / just inform the officer I will be away for 5 days in mid December?

littleern

Feb 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-02-2014
Doc's Request.
12-03-2014, CIC M requested police cert and rec'd on 14-04-2014
AOR Received.
12-03-2014
File Transfer...
08-08-2014
Passport Req..
11-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-10-2014
LANDED..........
2015 summer
Vivi555 said:
Hi all,

I may need some advice from u guys.

I receive an Email from HKVO about request police certificate from hk police & photo
Just wondering after send back those document, when HKVO will send me a passport request?

Cuz I have a trip with my friend to Korea in mid-December
I'm afraid they will send me passport request while I'm on my trip / before the trip.

From other topic, I saw someone said it normally take 2~8 weeks for VO to stamp on passport.
I'm thinking should I cancel the trip / just inform the officer I will be away for 5 days in mid December?

they will give you 30days to submit the passport, you should've receive the passport request after they receive your police cert, so you may prepare to submit passport soon.
If you have a valid BNO and HKSAR on hand, then you don't have to worry :)

Vivi555

May 29, 2013
littleern said:
they will give you 30days to submit the passport, you should've receive the passport request after they receive your police cert, so you may prepare to submit passport soon.
If you have a valid BNO and HKSAR on hand, then you don't have to worry :)
Thank you littleern! :D

I don't have BNO:(
I will do police certificate tomorrow & wish the process go smoothly.

Thank you again!

Vivi555

May 29, 2013
Hi guys~

One more question ;D
I got the email from VO said request
"Passport photos: Passport size photographs (photographs must conform to the specifications outlined in the Guide to Immigrating IMM 3999 and Appendix B Photo Specifications). This must be received at this office xx/xx/xxxx(date)"

Just wondering the photo size, is it just follow appendix B?

Cuz when I open appendix b. the first sentence is " immigration photo are not the same as passport photos."
But the email mention the request passport photo but the appendix B state " immigration photo are not the same as passport photos." Which immigration photo size is different with passport photos.
Make me so confused :'(

driftcars

Star Member
Aug 18, 2014
Vivi555 said:
Hi guys~

One more question ;D
I got the email from VO said request
"Passport photos: Passport size photographs (photographs must conform to the specifications outlined in the Guide to Immigrating IMM 3999 and Appendix B Photo Specifications). This must be received at this office xx/xx/xxxx(date)"

Just wondering the photo size, is it just follow appendix B?

Cuz when I open appendix b. the first sentence is " immigration photo are not the same as passport photos."
But the email mention the request passport photo but the appendix B state " immigration photo are not the same as passport photos." Which immigration photo size is different with passport photos.
Make me so confused :'(
I think they need the immigration photos instead of passport photos. It wouldn't make any sense that they would want passport photos. And if you didn't send those immigration photos when you submit the application forms, I am sure they will need the photos as per the specification on Appendix B (immigration photos).

By the way, it takes about 4 weeks for Hong Kong police to issue the certificate. It will be in early December by the time CIC receives it. I think your trip in mid December is ok, as the other member said, they usually give you 30 days to respond.

Do you mind sharing when did you send in your application?

Vivi555

May 29, 2013
driftcars said:
I think they need the immigration photos instead of passport photos. It wouldn't make any sense that they would want passport photos. And if you didn't send those immigration photos when you submit the application forms, I am sure they will need the photos as per the specification on Appendix B (immigration photos).

By the way, it takes about 4 weeks for Hong Kong police to issue the certificate. It will be in early December by the time CIC receives it. I think your trip in mid December is ok, as the other member said, they usually give you 30 days to respond.

Do you mind sharing when did you send in your application?
Hi~

I sent my application in the end of June 2014
And got document request(photo & police certificate) on oct 27.
I'm looking forward for the passport request :D

Flounder

May 1, 2014
minnekei said:
your hk police cert is going to be sent within 1 week + general material processing time for cic is 2 weeks ( from my GCMS notes, cic takes 2 weeks to take the record of my HK police cert after they received it)
Received it today. Thank you.

Heroine

Star Member
Apr 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 11,2014
AOR Received.
Apr 9,2014
File Transfer...
Apr 28,2014
Med's Request
Apr 9,2014
Med's Done....
Apr 10,2014
Passport Req..
Aug 28,2014
29/10/14
DM2

waiting for my passport back

minnekei

Star Member
Apr 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2014
AOR Received.
06-02-2014 (AOR2:19-02-2014)
File Transfer...
06-02-2014
Passport Req..
07-10-2014 (IP: 19-08-2014, DM: 28-10-2014)
VISA ISSUED...
23-10-2014
LANDED..........
04-11-2014
visa issued : Oct 23
visa mailed: Oct 27 (HK)
e-cas DM: Oct 28
Visa arrived: Nov 3rd (Toronto)

shanchu

Jan 17, 2013
Flounder said:
Received it today. Thank you.
Hi Flounder,

How did u check whether HK Visa office has received your police cert? I got the police cert request on Oct 16 and did it on Oct 20. Thank you very much! :)

Flounder

May 1, 2014
shanchu said:
Hi Flounder,

How did u check whether HK Visa office has received your police cert? I got the police cert request on Oct 16 and did it on Oct 20. Thank you very much! :)

I dont know for sure. I received request for HK Police Certificate on 22/9 and applied for it same day. HK Police say it takes 3-4 weeks. I now received my passport and COPR on 29/10.
Hope this helps.