Interview........
WAIVED!
Passport Req..
Aug 28, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 24, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 30, 2013
I think you need to do some research. Read the guides.

You can apply whenever you want. Money is not an issue for family class immigration.

No one can help you with your feelings of missing your family. That's on you. It's hard, but you can always fly to HK to visit them...or they can fly to Canada.

FS

fakejordan

Oct 4, 2012
Hi FS,

What was your time frame from VO receiving your wife's passport to getting the passport back? My wife's is located in Jiangmen and there is no mailbox at her apartment. I wonder how will she get notify on her passport :(

Phihalo

Mar 27, 2013
Kenhongkong said:
Happy To see all of you guy toapply so smooth.
I am new here, just got a job from Roger shop is around cad 38,000 per year,
Do you think I can Apply my wife and daughter in HK right away?
or I need work 1 year s first and get the tax report?
My PR status since 1997, I m keep in and out in canada, but decide to stay in canada now, I am back to canada 1st of march.
and get the job finally, but I am really miss my family , please help!
is it a right time I hand in my application now?
i don't think your financial status has much impact to your wife's application. The main goal here is to prove that your relationship is legit. From the sounds of it, you are doing an outland applicatio, so I don't think there's any restriction for you to apply now.

claudiakee

Star Member
Aug 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-june-2012
Doc's Request.
10-Oct-2012
AOR Received.
13-Sept-2012
File Transfer...
1-Sept-2012
Med's Done....
May-2012
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
25-Jan-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-Jan-2013
Hey guys,

I am at the last step of immigration, preparing for landing!! I am still a bit confused at this stage as I am not too sure what is the maximum amount of cash, what types of personal belongingness are allowed when i go through immigration at the airport.

I tried to look it up online but comes up with a webpage looking like this.....http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/before-border.asp

Anyone who has been through immigration process, would you mind sharing your experience with me? Thank you!!!

and all the best to those who are still waiting for the good news :)

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
claudiakee said:
I am at the last step of immigration, preparing for landing!! I am still a bit confused at this stage as I am not too sure what is the maximum amount of cash, what types of personal belongingness are allowed when i go through immigration at the airport.
There are no limits to how much cash you can bring into the country. You are just required to report if you are bringing in more than CA$10,000 or more in cash or cash equivalents. As for goods, as long as they are your goods and for your personal use, there is no limit for settlers (except for a few specific categories). If you dispose of the goods within a year of settlement, you are obligated to notify them and pay the appropriate taxes and fees.

Look at the CBSA website for this information - it's better than the CIC website. The key here is Form B4: http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/forms-formulaires/b4-eng.pdf.

Kenhongkong

Aug 27, 2012
Hi All,

I am in Canada ,want to apply my wife and daughter to come from Hong Kong, If I start my application in september, how long will take for the the whole processing?/
please give me some idea. Thanks

Fencesitter

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 13, 2012
AOR Received.
AOR2 July 25, 2012
File Transfer...
July 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 1, 2012
Interview........
WAIVED!
Passport Req..
Aug 28, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 24, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 30, 2013
fakejordan said:
Hi FS,

What was your time frame from VO receiving your wife's passport to getting the passport back? My wife's is located in Jiangmen and there is no mailbox at her apartment. I wonder how will she get notify on her passport :(
It took about 3 months. HK will send the package with your wife's passport to the post office. China post will leave a notice of delivery in the mailbox, but seeing as your wife doesn't have a mailbox, I'm assuming they will either leave it under her door or call her when the package arrives.

FS

kkbaggio

Star Member
Apr 9, 2013
Kelowna BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23 May 2013
Doc's Request.
09-08-2013
AOR Received.
13 June 2013
File Transfer...
19 June 2013
Med's Done....
14 May 2013
Passport Req..
9 Aug 2013
VISA ISSUED...
7 Nov 2013
LANDED..........
23 Nov 2013
Finally sent my application off on 17 May after a long preparation time (3 months) But EMS is so slow!!!!!! still on the way to the office :'( i'm so regret I didnt mail it via DHL next morning express)
I have almost finished reading all case in the thread, I can't wait to see my own progress. I would also want to share my case and want some opinion from all you experienced people. I will list point form cuz it's easier to read. ;D I'm not sure if my case is not strong enough and how can I want to add additional doc after I have submitted my application form?

Type: common law sponsorship
Relationship status: engaged since 10Feb 2013 (common law) lived together 1+ year start dating 3 Dec 2011
Children: no
Marriage history: we both going to get marry the first time, planning our wedding in 2014
Nationality: Me (me born in Hong Kong- Chinese) Him (White Canadian born in Canada)
Residency: I have worked in Shanghai for 3.5 years and quit my job 5 months ago, still living in Shanghai with my fiancee as a visitor
He has been working in China for 8 years ( work permit holder) and already filed non- residency in Canada, and we are both living in Shanghai at the moment.
pet: 1 cat
Meet the parents: Yes with photos

Attached evidence:

Proof of relationship
1. Joint Bank account (China joint bank account with 2 different a/c no.) Copy with certified translation. (by qualified translation company)
2. rental agreement in Shanghai. Original copy with certified translation (by qualified translation company). (not from notary public as they refused to certified it)
3. My phone bill showing the shanghai address we are living in ( Copy with certified translation by notary public)
4. My fiancee's University's transcript from UBC showing the shanghai address we are living. (Copy)
5. E tickets from both of us traveling to Tokyo / Sapporo / Manila / Coron / Changbai Mountain / New Delhi/ Hong Kong
6. Hotel E-recipes
7. 80+ photos (not everyone have date)
8. A 22 pages printed booklet with date, events detail and photos answering to IMM5409 the development of our relationship
9. Gifts photos e.g. engagement ring, camera, fixed gear bike, rings and necklace from both side parents (donno should I send the engagement ring receipt in addition)
10. some emails between us. (not all, cuz we dont think its a big different printing 50 pages and 1000 pages) would like to hear you advise.
11. Whatsapp chatting printout between us (50 pages)

Proof of sponsoring ability
1. His online-bank balance printout
2. His investment online statement printout
3. My online-bank balance printout
4. employment contract with salary proof for the preceding 12 months
5. Cover letter by my fiancee telling the progress of our relationship, life of living together, household responsibility and future plans.

intention to go back to Canada
We have planned to move back to Canada 1 July (yes, we will go without having my PR approved, will wait in Canada)
1. Same cover letter listed above
2. Online application for jobs in Canada
3. Email printout between him and his dad talking about the planning of the family property we are going to move in.
4. Our cat's body check and injection health certificate well prepared to go on a plane
5. Belonging shipping quotation (China --> Canada)
6. His flight E-ticket

Other supporting Doc
1.My police certificate from U.K. (I studied my degree there)
2. My notary public certified criminal record check from China
3. no HK poilce certificate (need to wait till they ask for it)
4. Body check slip
5. Instead of providing option C printout we have attached a cover letter telling them our situation that my fiancee no longer a Canada residency as he has been working in China for 8 years

I would like to hear some opinions from you guys, anything wrong or I can improve by sending additional doc? Thank you very much! :)

Fencesitter

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 13, 2012
AOR Received.
AOR2 July 25, 2012
File Transfer...
July 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 1, 2012
Interview........
WAIVED!
Passport Req..
Aug 28, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 24, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 30, 2013
Expect to get your visa in record time. You did a good job!

FS

kkbaggio

Star Member
Apr 9, 2013
Kelowna BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23 May 2013
Doc's Request.
09-08-2013
AOR Received.
13 June 2013
File Transfer...
19 June 2013
Med's Done....
14 May 2013
Passport Req..
9 Aug 2013
VISA ISSUED...
7 Nov 2013
LANDED..........
23 Nov 2013
Fencesitter said:
Expect to get your visa in record time. You did a good job!

FS
hi Fencesitter,

your application has successfully done in 8 months its pretty fast! Do you think it makes any different if we are married or not? My fiancee suggested that we can sign the marriage certificate first when we are in Canada this July and have the wedding party next year as we planned but I dont want to do that as I would like our wedding to be done perfectly, not really doing it because of the vias. Since you were saying the VO will process the application who is married and have kids so I'm not sure now. ???

fakejordan

Oct 4, 2012
kkbaggio said:
I would like to hear some opinions from you guys, anything wrong or I can improve by sending additional doc? Thank you very much! :)
Hi kkbaggio, I sent in my application in march and was also directed to HK visa office. I was in similar situation where I left Canada and was working in Hong Kong for 3 years. Just to be safe, I believe the purpose of option C is to show your fiancee was not on any social assistance, I would submit a copy of his option C from the last year he filed his taxes.

As for your No Criminal Conviction record China, Hong Kong Visa Office has requested us to resubmit an update record in May indicating the time my fiancee turned 18 till now. We have to get another no criminal record within 3 months time. You might bump into similar request.

Good Luck!

kkbaggio

Star Member
Apr 9, 2013
Kelowna BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23 May 2013
Doc's Request.
09-08-2013
AOR Received.
13 June 2013
File Transfer...
19 June 2013
Med's Done....
14 May 2013
Passport Req..
9 Aug 2013
VISA ISSUED...
7 Nov 2013
LANDED..........
23 Nov 2013
steaky said:
SF Express is the fastest you can get. It's even quicker than DHL.
today I call SF to come pick up my mail for mailing to Canada, they told me they have no service point in Canada yet! are you sure you can mail stuff to Canada by Sf express?