+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hong Kong timeline

mengmeng886

May 18, 2015
Hi all!

November applicant here....submitted on 11/7.
Our case was transferred to HKVO on 2/11, they sent us an e-mail on 3/7.

Any other applicants from Taiwan here?

EandV

Sep 20, 2014
We sent in my wife's passport copy on March 24, 2015 and we are still waiting to to hear back. so yes it appears that things have ground to a halt :(

chippy said:
Judged by the fact that nothing has happened for the past two months since the transfer which was in March,I highly doubt this is the solution to clear the backlog.

benitaagogo

Apr 4, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
HKVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2015, CIC received 03-05-2015
AOR Received.
04-16-2015, SA 04-30-2015
File Transfer...
05-07-2015
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
waived, IP on Oct.9, DM on Nov.12
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
12-06-2015
I have seen some passport request cases recently, the applicants were about in September to late October.

For those files were transferred to HKVO, there's a applicant from another forum had written CIC about his concerns and this is the reply he got:

Dear applicant,

This message is in response to your recent email enquiry to the Immigration Section of the Consulate General of Canada in Hong Kong concerning the transfer of your file from Beijing to our office. In order to respond to messages we have received, we have prepared the following question and answer document:

Why was my file transferred to Hong Kong?

The Department of Citizenship and Immigration Canada has taken the decision to centralize the processing of all applications for permanent residence for the People's Republic of China, the Special Administrative Regions of Macau and Hong Kong, Taiwan and Mongolia to a single office located in Hong Kong as part of its review of services in North Asia.

Do Hong Kong files have priority over files transferred from Beijing?

All applications in each category (i.e. Family Class or Economic Class files) will be processed according to the date the completed application was received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC).

What is the status of my application and what are the next steps?

You will be notified when or if further information is required to process your application. If you have provided an email address on your application, please check your account regularly as email is the primary method of communication. Please also be sure to check the junk or spam e-mail folders frequently to ensure your do not miss any important correspondence and ensure that @ international.gc.ca and @ cic.gc.ca are considered ‘trusted' addresses.

To check the status of your application, use eCAS: https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=hong kong. The Hong Kong Immigration Section will not respond to status enquiries if your application is within processing standards (available on the CIC website).

I submitted documents to the Embassy of Canada in Beijing before the file transfer. Are the documents now with the Consulate General of Canada in Hong Kong?

Documents submitted to the Beijing office were transferred to Hong Kong with your file. Our office is unable to provide confirmation of documents received. You will be contacted only in the event our office requires further information from you for the processing of your file.

Do I need to submit documents to the Hong Kong Immigration Section?

Please do not forward any documents to our office unless you have been asked to do so.

You should, however, inform our office of any change in your personal information, such as contact details, family composition, education or employment. You should also submit to us any outstanding documents that were requested by the Beijing office.

To contact the Hong Kong Immigration Section, use the Hong Kong case-specific enquiry form: https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=hong kong .

Documents may be submitted by mail/courier to:

Immigration Section
Consulate General of Canada
8th floor, Berkshire House
25 Westlands Road
Quarry Bay, Hong Kong

DO NOT send repeat copies of the same documents by mail and email. Choose one form of delivery for correspondence to avoid processing delays.

Do I need to go to Hong Kong for my interview?

If an immigration officer determines that an interview is required, you may be requested to come to Hong Kong. You will be provided with instructions at that time.

Where do I submit fee payments, including the Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF)?

When the Hong Kong Immigration Section requests that you pay your outstanding fees, you will be directed to pay online (preferred method of payment) and send your receipt to the Hong Kong Immigration Section. If you are unable to pay online, you may submit a bank draft in Canadian dollars payable to “Con Gen of Canada, Hong Kong”. More information about fees and methods of payment can be found on the “Pay your fees” webpage: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/index.asp .

Will I be required to submit my passport to the Consulate General of Hong Kong?

No, you will not be required to submit your passport to our office. Arrangements have been made with the Visa Application Centre (VAC) in Beijing for passport transmission service for applicants residing in the People's Republic of China. Please note, however, that this service is not yet available at the other VACs in the PRC. If you are requested to submit your passport(s) for further processing, specific instructions will be included in our request letter.

We trust that this information will be of assistance.

Sincerely,

Immigration Section | Section de l'Immigration
Consulate General of Canada in Hong Kong and Macao | Consulat général du Canada à Hong Kong et Macao
Government of Canada | Gouvernement du Canada

jmo1968

Star Member
Aug 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5 Jan 2015
AOR Received.
AOR1 10 March 2015/AOR2:21 April 2015
File Transfer...
12 March 2015
Med's Done....
13 Aug 2014
That means this is gonna be a long long wait.... :(

mengmeng886

May 18, 2015
But don't Family Sponsorship applications take priority over Economic Class ones? Plus, if they are trying to streamline everything through Hong Kong, then hopefully they would also be increasing manpower. The Manila visa office took over cases for Japan, and now they seem to be moving through cases faster than HK, even though they have longer average wait times.

Who knows, maybe processing times will stay the same (or maybe even get a little faster?)

bukeluke

Apr 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2014
Doc's Request.
30-09-2015
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
03-03-2015
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
11-03-2015 (SA)
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
3-12-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
03-11-2015
LANDED..........
20-11-2015
CIC just updated the processing time. For HK visa office, changed from 9 to 10 months...

bukeluke

Apr 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2014
Doc's Request.
30-09-2015
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
03-03-2015
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
11-03-2015 (SA)
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
3-12-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
03-11-2015
LANDED..........
20-11-2015
Cross my finger about the letter above. My application submitted in Dec 2014, should I get the COPR this Dec? I really doubt....we are delayed by PRC folks

LN9714

Star Member
Nov 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2014
AOR Received.
(AOR1)13-02-2015; (AOR2)13-03-2015
File Transfer...
16-02-2015
Med's Done....
11-11-2014
Interview........
Waive
Passport Req..
18-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
04-09-2015
LANDED..........
09-11-2015
bukeluke said:
CIC just updated the processing time. For HK visa office, changed from 9 to 10 months...

OMG...a long long long waiting time :'( :'(

"The Department of Citizenship and Immigration Canada has taken the decision to centralize the processing of all applications for permanent residence for the People's Republic of China, the Special Administrative Regions of Macau and Hong Kong, Taiwan and Mongolia to a single office located in Hong Kong as part of its review of services in North Asia." I think this decision is unfair to the HK applicant, it will increasing the processing time to access a domestic cases! Beijing have their own VO. :mad:

Hopefully, HKVO increase more manpower and I won't re-do a medical check again.....

bukeluke

Apr 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2014
Doc's Request.
30-09-2015
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
03-03-2015
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
11-03-2015 (SA)
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
3-12-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
03-11-2015
LANDED..........
20-11-2015
I hate 蝗蟲,they are really the show stopper

Ian C.

Star Member
Jan 4, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
HKVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 Dec 2014
AOR Received.
2 Mar 2015 / AOR ; 5 Mar 2015 / SA
File Transfer...
5 Mar 2015
Med's Request
30 Nov 2014
Med's Done....
30 Nov 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
18-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-2015
LN9714 said:
OMG...a long long long waiting time :'( :'(

"The Department of Citizenship and Immigration Canada has taken the decision to centralize the processing of all applications for permanent residence for the People's Republic of China, the Special Administrative Regions of Macau and Hong Kong, Taiwan and Mongolia to a single office located in Hong Kong as part of its review of services in North Asia." I think this decision is unfair to the HK applicant, it will increasing the processing time to access a domestic cases! Beijing have their own VO. :mad:

Hopefully, HKVO increase more manpower and I won't re-do a medical check again.....

Hi All HK based applicants,
Want to know who ( Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec 2014 applicants from HK based (holders of BNO/HKSAR passport) are already got DM or at least requesting passport for further processing. I am still waiting for requesting passport after got AOR2 from HK VO in end of Feb 2015. Hope to know the HKVO progress now. Almost 3 months waiting !! seems no movement from them !!

Ian.

benitaagogo

Apr 4, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
HKVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
05-07-2015
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
12-06-2015
Ian C. said:
Hi All HK based applicants,
Want to know who ( Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec 2014 applicants from HK based (holders of BNO/HKSAR passport) are already got DM or at least requesting passport for further processing. I am still waiting for requesting passport after got AOR2 from HK VO in end of Feb 2015. Hope to know the HKVO progress now. Almost 3 months waiting !! seems no movement from them !!

Ian.
Cases from another forum I've seen:

1. Decision made/ 2014/9/30 applicant
2. Decision made/ 2014/10/20 applicant
3. Passport request/ 2014/10/22 applicant
4. Passport request/ 2014/ May applicant
5. Passport request/ 2014/6/06 applicant, sent the passport in January but haven't heard anything since.........

Don't know WTH is HKVO doing...........

jmo1968

Star Member
Aug 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5 Jan 2015
AOR Received.
AOR1 10 March 2015/AOR2:21 April 2015
File Transfer...
12 March 2015
Med's Done....
13 Aug 2014
benitaagogo said:
Cases from another forum I've seen:

1. Decision made/ 2014/9/30 applicant
2. Decision made/ 2014/10/20 applicant
3. Passport request/ 2014/10/22 applicant
4. Passport request/ 2014/ May applicant
5. Passport request/ 2014/6/06 applicant, sent the passport in January but haven't heard anything since.........

Don't know WTH is HKVO doing...........
May be we do need a spread sheet for HKVO after all........

smoothsailing

May 19, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2015
AOR Received.
27-06-2015 Spons Apprvd.: 27-07-2015
File Transfer...
11-08-2015 AOR2
Med's Done....
30-04-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
30-01-2016
LANDED..........
12-04-2016
I would actively check a spreadsheet. Our application package was received at CPC- Mississauga today to start the ball rolling. I checked the courier tracking several times a day from Friday to Monday as evidence how nuts I am going to get as I wait for the process to take its course and completing from the Hong Kong office. I know I will check online on our status every day even though no movement expected for weeks since a previous update.

benitaagogo

Apr 4, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
HKVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
05-07-2015
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
12-06-2015
smoothsailing said:
I would actively check a spreadsheet. Our application package was received at CPC- Mississauga today to start the ball rolling. I checked the courier tracking several times a day from Friday to Monday as evidence how nuts I am going to get as I wait for the process to take its course and completing from the Hong Kong office. I know I will check online on our status every day even though no movement expected for weeks since a previous update.
You will go crazy when your app is transferred to HKVO then............no need to get so paranoid if you've sent a complete application, the only thing you may have to worry about is the courier or sometimes CIC themselves lost the app, other than that, it's just a long waiting game, it's annoying by itself already, don't try to make yourself worry too much.

Amalthea

May 27, 2014
Vancity
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2014
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
Med's Done....
08-07-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
29-05-2015
LANDED..........
18-06-2015
How long is Hong Kong taking to process applications atm?

Have a neighbour sponsoring his wife from Taiwan, and they're debating whether or not to apply Inland or Outland. Thanks in advance, I glanced through the thread and didn't see a HK spreadsheet I could gleam this info from.