Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2014
AOR Received.
06-02-2014 (AOR2:19-02-2014)
File Transfer...
06-02-2014
Passport Req..
07-10-2014 (IP: 19-08-2014, DM: 28-10-2014)
VISA ISSUED...
23-10-2014
LANDED..........
04-11-2014
x63wang said:
errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr it's been almost 3 weeks since vo sent out my wife's visa pkg to Germany but we are still no clue where the mail is (somewhere en route) . Just check with hong kong post mail tracing office today and they said the mail should arrive within 6-7 business days (so that should be end of last week) after sent out ... My wife was planning to leave Germany before the end of next week but we don't know where her passport is. So frustrating

update: just called Deutsche Post DHL, they have no clue where the mail is and also feel weird that haven't arrived after 13 business days.... frustrating++
HKVO only send registered mail by HK Post. I dont think they will use your DHL one....you can send an email to HKVO ask for the tracking number of that registered mail they sent to your wife.

x63wang

Jul 16, 2014
acapeg said:
Oh , feel sorry for you.
But normally, if you have the DHL tracking no., they should be able to tell you where the parcel is. It could be the problem of DHL then. But I used to send parcels thru DHL before, and they are reliable. You may need to press DHL on this. Good luck.
Sorry for didnt state clearly. HKVO sent out my wife's package by Hong Kong post and the German partner who handles international income mails is DHL (full name Deutsche Post DHL).. I have the tracking number and have been keep tracking the status for two weeks but only info shows up there is the parcel left Hong Kong on Sep-04 2014. So I called mail tracing office of both hong kong post and DHL but both told me the only piece of info they have is the same as what i can see from the online tracing system (air mail to Germany only takes 6-7 working days and Saturdays count as working days in Germany).

Both postal services feel weird so ask us to fill out mail search enquiry forms but the forms ask for sender's information and the receipt of sending the letter.....So I have to go through CIC again, wait for 5-10 business days to get their response, unknown amount of waiting time for them to fill out the form and unknown amount of waiting time for postal offices to trace our parcel.... One more worry we have here is my wife's Schengen visa will be expired in some when Oct and she has to leave before expiry since she has completed her study and internship in Aug.

Update: Keep checking HK post website, it finally said parcel arrived at Germany a few minutes ago!!! (14 days...)

x63wang

Jul 16, 2014
minnekei said:
HKVO only send registered mail by HK Post. I dont think they will use your DHL one....you can send an email to HKVO ask for the tracking number of that registered mail they sent to your wife.
:( extra clarifications made above

titin

Jun 6, 2014
Hi fymak,

Did you submit your passport with other documents even they did not ask you on the email? I received an email yesterday about police certificate but they did not ask for the passport. Should I send the passport?

fymak said:
Dear all,

I need your advise!

I have attended an interview few days ago and received email from the IO who was not satisfied with my hubby (NR - sponsor) and me genuinely intend to reside in Canada at any time in the near future and requested us to provide the below to make the final decision:

- credible evidence of our plans to establish ourselves and my family in Canada (i.e. job offers in Canada, other significant and credible settlement arrangements) --> both my hubby and I are in HK and how we can have job offers in Canada, also, I do not have work permit, how I can get a job offer..

- credible evidence of the operation of the numbered company in Canada such as financial statements, tax returns and marketing plan --> really don't know what to do!!

- credible evidence that my hubby and I have servered, or have begun to sever my ties to HK
(i.e. contracted shipment of goods to Canada --> I am asking for quotation from moving company and will confirm the quotation next week
credible evidence of disposal of assets in HK --> we only rent a flat and do not have property, I have already terminated the leaseing agreement
letter of release form the HKSAR Inland Revenue department --> I have just notified IRD by email today
transfer of financial assets to domiciled in HK to Canada --> don't know what to do, please advise.
credible letter of resignation for myself --> I can submit my resignation letter as reference and my employer is preparing reference letter for me stating that I will move to Canada for good ......... is it sufficient??

Any other relevant information that I can made the IO believe that my hubby and I will move back Canada for good? and have enough fund to support a family of 4 (I have USD60K bank draft and have shown it to the IO during interview) ?

I am not sure if it is strange that after I have received the above letter from IO, I then received another email from CGC in 15 minutes requesting me to provide the below to continue the processing of my application:

1. New medical exam required - this must be received at this office by 2014/08/24 - have arranged to do the exam again
2. RPRF, family class - this must be received at this office by 2014/08/24
3. Police Certificate - this must be received at this office by 2014/08/24 - police has already sent the cert to their office on 22 July 2014

They did not request me for my passport but there is a sentence stating "Please note that police certificates and passports must be originals"...........do I need to submit my passport as well??

Also, there is saying "Please submit the requested documents as a single package." ...... I have checked with police office, they will not submit the original cert to CGC directly ... how can I submit all the requested information in a single package??

Sorry for so many questions, I really don't understand if it is a good sign or not and what I should do right now, so confusing, so frustrating. Please help!

Million thanks.

yosumi

Sep 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 January 2014
AOR Received.
AOR1: 21 February 2014/ AOR2: 02 April 2014
File Transfer...
11 March 2014
Med's Done....
Upfront: 5 December 2013/ eCAS Medicals Received: 21 June 2014
Interview........
Fairness Procedural Letter Received: 14 August 2014
Passport Req..
14 August 2014
VISA ISSUED...
eCAS In Process: 29 September 2014/ Decision Made: 6 October 2014
I feel like hkvo is holding up our application. on aug 20, they received my wife's passport and my supporting documents (evidence residing in Canada) but ecas is still showing application received. Other ppl who got ppr in sept are already in process. anyone with a similar situation? i sent numerous emails to hkvo requesting updates but no reply. :'( medicals expires on dec 10 this year...

abbybc

Nov 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12-2014
Doc's Request.
December 2, 2014
AOR Received.
April 14-2014
File Transfer...
April 15-2014
Med's Request
December 2, 2014
Med's Done....
October 21-2013
Interview........
December 2, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
April 18, 2015
LANDED..........
April 26, 2015
We are later than you, but understand it's frustrating to see others filed later that are now in process. Ours still application received, with medicals expiring Oct. 21, 2014

x63wang

Jul 16, 2014
yosumi said:
I feel like hkvo is holding up our application. on aug 20, they received my wife's passport and my supporting documents (evidence residing in Canada) but ecas is still showing application received. Other ppl who got ppr in sept are already in process. anyone with a similar situation? i sent numerous emails to hkvo requesting updates but no reply. :'( medicals expires on dec 10 this year...
I don't think "application received" strictly means your application is still in queue. Depending on the officer who reviews your case, like in my wife's case, her status jumped from "application received" to "decision made" directly....

lsturtle

Sep 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2014
AOR Received.
20-07-2014
File Transfer...
29-07-2014
Med's Done....
01-03-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
11-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2014
x63wang said:
I don't think "application received" strictly means your application is still in queue. Depending on the officer who reviews your case, like in my wife's case, her status jumped from "application received" to "decision made" directly....
Hi X63wang,

Can you tell me about your timeline, like when did the vo receive your passport? How many days to go into decision made after they received your passport? When did they mail out your passport ?
The Vo received my passport on September 17. I wasn't asked for any documents other than the passport.I just wanna know how many days it will take before I get my passport back. Thans!

yosumi

Sep 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 January 2014
AOR Received.
AOR1: 21 February 2014/ AOR2: 02 April 2014
File Transfer...
11 March 2014
Med's Done....
Upfront: 5 December 2013/ eCAS Medicals Received: 21 June 2014
Interview........
Fairness Procedural Letter Received: 14 August 2014
Passport Req..
14 August 2014
VISA ISSUED...
eCAS In Process: 29 September 2014/ Decision Made: 6 October 2014
lsturtle said:
Hi X63wang,

Can you tell me about your timeline, like when did the vo receive your passport? How many days to go into decision made after they received your passport? When did they mail out your passport ?
The Vo received my passport on September 17. I wasn't asked for any documents other than the passport.I just wanna know how many days it will take before I get my passport back. Thans!
this is x63wang's timeline

"1. We received your application for permanent residence on January 3, 2014.

2. We started processing your application on August 28, 2014.

3. Medical results have been received.

4. A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

passport sent aug 18.
passport returned sept 18.

lsturtle

Sep 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2014
AOR Received.
20-07-2014
File Transfer...
29-07-2014
Med's Done....
01-03-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
11-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2014
OMG!!! Just checked e-cas and it shows DM....Wow...passport was sent on Sep 15 and hopefully I can get it back with copr by the 5th of October like the 20 days they mentioned in the ppr letter.. ;D ;D ;D

BunnyB

Star Member
May 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 26 2014
Doc's Request.
received procedural fairness letter
AOR Received.
May 06 2014 , AOR2 Jun 03 2014
File Transfer...
May 08 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 22 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Aug 28, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 30, 2014
LANDED..........
01 Dec 2014
lsturtle said:
OMG!!! Just checked e-cas and it shows DM....Wow...passport was sent on Sep 15 and hopefully I can get it back with copr by the 5th of October like the 20 days they mentioned in the ppr letter.. ;D ;D ;D
Congratulations!!! Has applicant address changed to Canada address yet? I have sent passports on Sep15 too but ecas still showing In Process. I hope I will get DM soon.

lsturtle

Sep 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2014
AOR Received.
20-07-2014
File Transfer...
29-07-2014
Med's Done....
01-03-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
11-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2014
BunnyB said:
Congratulations!!! Has applicant address changed to Canada address yet? I have sent passports on Sep15 too but ecas still showing In Process. I hope I will get DM soon.
Thanks! I wasn't aware the applicant's address sould change to Canada address. How is that?

BunnyB

Star Member
May 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 26 2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 08 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 22 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Aug 28, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 30, 2014
LANDED..........
01 Dec 2014
lsturtle said:
Thanks! I wasn't aware the applicant's address sould change to Canada address. How is that?
I read from others that the applicant address in Ecas will either change just before or after DM to future Canadian address. So I wonder if your address has changed or not. Is your pp sent to a HK address, if so can you let us know how many days to receive COPR after DM. Thanks.

abbybc

Nov 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12-2014
Doc's Request.
December 2, 2014
AOR Received.
April 14-2014
File Transfer...
April 15-2014
Med's Request
December 2, 2014
Med's Done....
October 21-2013
Interview........
December 2, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
April 18, 2015
LANDED..........
April 26, 2015
GCMS notes come today. The notes is updated to Sept. 27, looks like our file has not been touched. Unfortunately the medical expires Oct. 21. Do I make arrangements now to re-do medical now or do I have to wait until someone actually open our file and then they request?

BunnyB

Star Member
May 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 26 2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 08 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 22 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Aug 28, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 30, 2014
LANDED..........
01 Dec 2014
Ecas just updated to Decision Made. I don't know whether it's good news or not coz along with PPR , HKVO also asked for intention to return and severing my ties to HK. Fingers crossed and I hope COPR arrive at my doorstep tmr. Anxiously waiting. :(