App. Filed.......
08-12-2016
Doc's Request.
12-01-2017
AOR Received.
16-12-2016
File Transfer...
29-12-2016
There are still 3 lines in my ECSA, only "in process" turn DM, haven't received any email or anything
Congratulation!! Please update us if you receive any letters or emails.. it will be a great help for me. I am waiting for DM too...thank you in advance

michaelhtwong

May 26, 2017
sigh..... if we have applicants from Nov 2016 still waiting, I guess we (February 2017) will be sitting ducks for quite a long long while...
The speed of the application highly depends on the sufficiency information you have provided to them. I submitted my application for my spouse on Jan 15, 2016. Then, she came to Canada as a visitor. In March, she was asked to provide the criminal check record so she flew back to HK. In early June, she had received the permanent residence approval. Good Luck!

michaelhtwong

May 26, 2017
wyho007
A quick question,,
We are waiting for DM and passport request. How do they ask passport from HKVO? Do they send a paper letter or just e-mail? How many day do they give to send the passport? I am living in Canada now and My girl friend didn't receive anything yet. (She applied in December 2016 - outland, HK)
So she is planing to come to Canada before she gets the letter for passport request. So if someone knows, please let me know!
I appreciate!
The passport request shall be sent to you by email. I believe the days they require the passport is within 30 days (do not know if it varies for each applicant). Your girlfriend can still come to Canada as a "visitor" before she gets the letter for passport request. She will be allowed to stay for 6 months. If she decided to come as a visitor, make sure she has the return ticket to avoid suspicion that she will not leave Canada.

chumeva

May 15, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
HKVO
App. Filed.......
08-12-2016
Doc's Request.
12-01-2017
AOR Received.
16-12-2016
File Transfer...
29-12-2016
Hi all, I have a question. Say I get DM now and requested to send passport in 30 days. However, I need to go to other countries in this month, so i need my passport. Can I ask for extending the deadline to send my passport later? Many thanks for help!!

PGWPARK

Nov 8, 2016
The passport request shall be sent to you by email. I believe the days they require the passport is within 30 days (do not know if it varies for each applicant). Your girlfriend can still come to Canada as a "visitor" before she gets the letter for passport request. She will be allowed to stay for 6 months. If she decided to come as a visitor, make sure she has the return ticket to avoid suspicion that she will not leave Canada.
Thanks for the answer. I have another question. When my girl friend gets "passport request" , does she actually have to send her passport? or just a photocopy? I read that HK is visa exempt country so you don't need to send the actual passport. I just want to confirm. If you know, please let me know.

Thanks!

hkjohn

May 15, 2017
Hi I sent my app in mid Jan .
Online account shows the pa is under background check for more than a month. I heard that the background check is likely the last stage of proecss, is that true?

Our app. Is quite straightforward , first time marriage for 10 +years, one kid, the pa used to be a permanent resident of Canada and renounce pr status due to failure to comply with the residency requirement.

Hope we could get the visa before July, good luck to everyone!

I received a message about the linkage of my application to an online account :)

Does it sound good?

heystop

Star Member
Feb 7, 2017
I received a message about the linkage of my application to an online account :)

Does it sound good?
i don't know cause I didn't get many updates since the application transferred to hongkong. Any updates could be good coz that means they are really doing their job.

Maidy110

May 11, 2017
Just wondering how long does it take to receive passport requests after DM? Cuz my work permit will be expired in a month...

michaelhtwong

May 26, 2017
Thanks for the answer. I have another question. When my girl friend gets "passport request" , does she actually have to send her passport? or just a photocopy? I read that HK is visa exempt country so you don't need to send the actual passport. I just want to confirm. If you know, please let me know.

Thanks!
As I recall, the passport shall just be a photocopy (if nothing changes). They will provide you instruction to submit.
HK is a visa exempt country; however, you still require ETA to enter Canada if you are still waiting for the PR status.
The ETA can be applied online and it is valid for 5 years if approved (in experience, all my relatives visit me does not have problem to get the ETA). It is highly recommended that you print out the confirmation of the ETA (with numbers) if you need to travel by air. The Custom should be able to track your record when you arrive anyway.

Reactions: Novel

hkjohn

May 15, 2017
I received a message from the linked-online account about the request of police certificate from Hong Kong. Anyone know how to do it?