Category........
Visa Office......
HKVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-03-2015
Doc's Request.
09-03-2016(police clearance request. PC sent to HKVO on 30-03-2016)
AOR Received.
24-04-2015
File Transfer...
24-05-2015
Med's Request
9-03-2016(redo medical)
Med's Done....
24-02-2015, 16-03-2016(redo)
Interview........
08-03-2016 (Approved at interview)
Passport Req..
No ppr(HK passport holder)
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2016(COPR, no visa needed)
LANDED..........
18-05-2016
cheng9999 said:
Did you get a piece of paper in the package? It says 2 photos, one of which the back must have photographer's name, address and date of picture taken.
I got a piece of paper with "permanent residents photographe specifications" as the title but there's nth on the paper says how many pics I need, it just says provide the correct num of photos specified in ur application guide...that's y I'm so confused

smoothsailing

May 19, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2015
AOR Received.
27-06-2015 Spons Apprvd.: 27-07-2015
File Transfer...
11-08-2015 AOR2
Med's Done....
30-04-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
30-01-2016
LANDED..........
12-04-2016
hfts said:
Thanks cheng... Do u know how many photos I need ? It doesn't say there at all
My wife didn't need any more photos to submit. Just the 2 sent when getting passport with visa. One of those 2 will be on her PR card. She landed with no problems and she wasn't asked for any more photos. She was told to expect her PR card in about 2 months. Her ecas just changed to complete today 11 days after landing.

smoothsailing

May 19, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2015
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
11-08-2015 AOR2
Med's Done....
30-04-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
30-01-2016
LANDED..........
12-04-2016
Dko said:
Congrats!
By chance is your spouse from mainland China? The reason I'm asking is that my wife who's from China just got her Chinese passport back with the CDN visa and the COPR letter. I was wondering it's there anything else my wife need to do so she can leave China?

Thx
If she is flying directly from mainland China then she won't need a Hong Kong pass. So she needs passport with visa in it and also the COPR letter. My wife filled in a B4 form which states the stuff she was importing to Canada and if there were any goods to follow. But she only had 2 suitcases after I had brought some of her things after my last trip. But they didn't ask for her B4 form and she didn't offer it.

cheng9999

Dec 14, 2015
smoothsailing said:
My wife didn't need any more photos to submit. Just the 2 sent when getting passport with visa. One of those 2 will be on her PR card. She landed with no problems and she wasn't asked for any more photos. She was told to expect her PR card in about 2 months. Her ecas just changed to complete today 11 days after landing.
visa exempt gets the copr directly, so we were asked to take 2 new photos and bring along for landing.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
smoothsailing said:
If she is flying directly from mainland China then she won't need a Hong Kong pass. So she needs passport with visa in it and also the COPR letter. My wife filled in a B4 form which states the stuff she was importing to Canada and if there were any goods to follow. But she only had 2 suitcases after I had brought some of her things after my last trip. But they didn't ask for her B4 form and she didn't offer it.
She won't need a Hong Kong pass even if she had a layover in Hong Kong and stays for 1 night.

Dko

Star Member
Sep 24, 2015
smoothsailing said:
Hello
My wife already got her Chinese passport with visa and got the COPR letter. So then can I assume her PR application is pretty much done and done? Anything else we need to do with CIC?
I can start looking at air ticket and let her know she can start packing?
Also is it true that she will need to get a exit permit / exit visa from her local Public Security Bureau of exit-entry office in order to leave China? Anyone out there with similar case?
Thanks

smoothsailing

May 19, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2015
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
11-08-2015 AOR2
Med's Done....
30-04-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
30-01-2016
LANDED..........
12-04-2016
Dko said:
Hello
My wife already got her Chinese passport with visa and got the COPR letter. So then can I assume her PR application is pretty much done and done? Anything else we need to do with CIC?
I can start looking at air ticket and let her know she can start packing?
Also is it true that she will need to get a exit permit / exit visa from her local Public Security Bureau of exit-entry office in order to leave China? Anyone out there with similar case?
Thanks
My wife had same situation. Mainland Chinese resident and passport. Got COPR and the visa was added to passport at Beijing office. No exit visa needed. No Hong Kong pass needed if she flies from there since her passport with a ticket covers transit and a short stay in Hong Kong. Start looking for a ticket. I used 37,500 Aeroplan points plus about $50 for a one-way ticket for my wife. Try to leave at least 4 hours if she lands in Vancouver and then transfers to a domestic flight so she can get through the lineups for landing interview and immigration.

tempa

Star Member
Feb 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anyone knows how long it takes copr issued by hkvo to arrive Canada?
my friend already confirmed hkvo issued copr by mid april, but still haven't received it yet.

Dko

Star Member
Sep 24, 2015
smoothsailing said:
My wife had same situation. Mainland Chinese resident and passport. Got COPR and the visa was added to passport at Beijing office. No exit visa needed. No Hong Kong pass needed if she flies from there since her passport with a ticket covers transit and a short stay in Hong Kong. Start looking for a ticket. I used 37,500 Aeroplan points plus about $50 for a one-way ticket for my wife. Try to leave at least 4 hours if she lands in Vancouver and then transfers to a domestic flight so she can get through the lineups for landing interview and immigration.
Hi smooth sailing,
Yes my wife also got it from the Beijing office. Really your spouse didn't need one. Then I'm not sure why my wife was told to get a exit permit after cancelling her hukou. Very confused now! My wife will be flying out from Guangzhou direct to vancouver then connecting to edmonton. Wow that's awesome u used Aeroplan miles! And thanks for the reminder about leaving extra time in vancouver.

smoothsailing

May 19, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2015
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
11-08-2015 AOR2
Med's Done....
30-04-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
30-01-2016
LANDED..........
12-04-2016
Dko said:
Hi smooth sailing,
Yes my wife also got it from the Beijing office. Really your spouse didn't need one. Then I'm not sure why my wife was told to get a exit permit after cancelling her hukou. Very confused now! My wife will be flying out from Guangzhou direct to vancouver then connecting to edmonton. Wow that's awesome u used Aeroplan miles! And thanks for the reminder about leaving extra time in vancouver.
I don't know either. every situation different I guess. There could be reasons why your wife needs an exit visa such as she has never been outside Mainland China or whatever.

JYC

Jan 5, 2016
My wife just receive an interview email, hkvo also cc me.. Not sure if it is a good thing, but I will be in hong Kong on the day of the interview and I think hkvo also aware that I am going to be there because I submit the plane ticket to them in feb when they ask for my wife history since age18. Will the reason of the interview in the gcms notes now or it will take a couple of days to generate?

I also want to ask for those who had their interview, which interpreter did you use among the 3 that is listed by hkvo. Thanks.

hicks74

Star Member
Dec 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2015
AOR Received.
27-07-2015
Med's Request
21-03-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016
Interview........
21-03-2016
Passport Req..
19-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-05-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2016
JYC said:
My wife just receive an interview email, hkvo also cc me.. Not sure if it is a good thing, but I will be in hong Kong on the day of the interview and I think hkvo also aware that I am going to be there because I submit the plane ticket to them in feb when they ask for my wife history since age18. Will the reason of the interview in the gcms notes now or it will take a couple of days to generate?

I also want to ask for those who had their interview, which interpreter did you use among the 3 that is listed by hkvo. Thanks.
Since it takes at least a couple weeks to get gcms notes, they should be updated by the time you get them. Most likely they were actually updated months ago. In our case, the notes were not particularly helpful for the interview other than saying there was no proof of joint affairs that should be expected with a marriage. For our first attempt, the notes did say there were concerns about different backgrounds, language.

We used Paragon for the translator this time. The person we got was very good, and knew the process for the interview well. As pure luck, the translator actually spoke my wife's local dialect as well.

Our first attempt we use Language Line, and my wife was really unhappy with it. She said the translator had difficulty doing the job.

hfts

Star Member
Mar 21, 2015
I
Category........
Visa Office......
HKVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-03-2015
Doc's Request.
09-03-2016(police clearance request. PC sent to HKVO on 30-03-2016)
AOR Received.
24-04-2015
File Transfer...
24-05-2015
Med's Request
9-03-2016(redo medical)
Med's Done....
24-02-2015, 16-03-2016(redo)
Interview........
08-03-2016 (Approved at interview)
Passport Req..
No ppr(HK passport holder)
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2016(COPR, no visa needed)
LANDED..........
18-05-2016
JYC said:

I think it maybe updated by the time you receive the notes. On mine, it just simply say that no proof of joint affairs, just like what hicks said. During my interview, the officer asked a lot of my husband's(sponsor) background to see how much I know him. Also asked about our background differences and if we have difficulty getting along and questions abt his family members etc. It wasn't difficult if your in a genuine relationship, I just gave her honest answers.

Dko

Star Member
Sep 24, 2015
smoothsailing said:
I don't know either. every situation different I guess. There could be reasons why your wife needs an exit visa such as she has never been outside Mainland China or whatever.
Yeah I guess every case is unique and different.

I will get my wife to confirm again with the public security bureau to see what's going on.

Now we have to deal with the chinese govt after dealing with CIC .... OH GOOD TIMES lol