+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hong Kong Police Certificate

Loskin

Oct 27, 2020
Hi Loskin, nevery mind. I've got it. Waiting DHL to collect the letter.
Has IRCC received your CNCC letter?
Awesome. I scheduled the pick up on 24th dec but when I check the dhl tracker, there was no updates at all(the tracker will update immediately when they’ve picked up your cert), so I’ve waited a couple more days to let them update the tracker(I thought it was because of its holiday seasons so people worked a bit slower than usual).
I checked it on January 2nd again, no updates, so I called dhl hk hotline(operating 24/7, waiting time last then 5 mins, CS super nice),dhl said when they tried to pick the Cncc up, the police said it wasn’t ready so they couldn’t pick it up. The CS helped me sort that out and ircc had received the cncc on 6th.

So if you don’t see your tracker update on the schedule day, call them right away.

MakiSenpaiii

Star Member
Sep 19, 2020
Try this number 2860 6557. I contacted them last week.
I called many times everyday, it's neither line busy or no one answer.
I also emailed them about 8 days ago, no reply yet.
I guess I just have to keep trying....

How long does it take for the police to complete the CNCC for your application?

victor_c

Jul 13, 2018
Awesome. I scheduled the pick up on 24th dec but when I check the dhl tracker, there was no updates at all(the tracker will update immediately when they’ve picked up your cert), so I’ve waited a couple more days to let them update the tracker(I thought it was because of its holiday seasons so people worked a bit slower than usual).
I checked it on January 2nd again, no updates, so I called dhl hk hotline(operating 24/7, waiting time last then 5 mins, CS super nice),dhl said when they tried to pick the Cncc up, the police said it wasn’t ready so they couldn’t pick it up. The CS helped me sort that out and ircc had received the cncc on 6th.

So if you don’t see your tracker update on the schedule day, call them right away.
Helpful info! Thanks for your share.

victor_c

Jul 13, 2018
I called many times everyday, it's neither line busy or no one answer.
I also emailed them about 8 days ago, no reply yet.
I guess I just have to keep trying....

How long does it take for the police to complete the CNCC for your application?
Hi Maki. Roughly 4 weeks. I suggest to contact them early if you want to arrange courier. Otherwise, HK police will use regular mail for you CNCC letter as default option.
Did you call from HK or overseas? You can try with a different phone. My friend had similar situation like you calling from overseas. She called this number for a month, and never got answered. Then she called with another phone and it worked. Can't explain what happened there, but maybe give it a try.

MakiSenpaiii

Star Member
Sep 19, 2020
Hi Maki. Roughly 4 weeks. I suggest to contact them early if you want to arrange courier. Otherwise, HK police will use regular mail for you CNCC letter as default option.
Did you call from HK or overseas? You can try with a different phone. My friend had similar situation like you calling from overseas. She called this number for a month, and never got answered. Then she called with another phone and it worked. Can't explain what happened there, but maybe give it a try.
I told them I want to arrange courier when I submit my application, 5 weeks ago.
I have been calling them from hong kong locally.
thanks, I'll try call with another number

MakiSenpaiii

Star Member
Sep 19, 2020
The Police finally replied to me to arrange courier pickup, then I arranged DHL to deliver for me tomorrow.
Here is some information you guys may be interested in:
- the phone number from Police CNCC works, just keep calling them
- it now takes 6 weeks for the police to complete the CNCC application
- DHL will let you download the waybill, transport label, and shipping receipt(payment proof) after you paid

However, I still have some questions about the delivery, please help.

- The request letter from IRCC request the police certificate to be delivered in 60 days, but seems like it won't be delivered on time. However, on the IRCC website, it said that "we’ll automatically give you an extra 90 days to send us the documents from the deadline in the request letter
this applies even if the letter says you only have 30 or 90 days"

Can someone please confirm this? Should I send a webform about the delay to IRCC?
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html

- Is it correct to put the address like this in the DHL "Ship to" section?
To : Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
IRCC, Canada
ATTN: EE Registry, Case Processing Agent
IRCC, CIO-Correspondence,
49 Dorchester Street, Sydney, NS
B1P 5Z2 Sydney Nova Scotia
Canada

Last edited:

OINP-SE

Aug 31, 2020
Hey guys, questions about fingerprints for the HK police certificate. Where do you guys have your fingerprints taken? On the HK police website, it says fingerprints must be taken by local police/law enforcement/embassy but right now I live in Ontario and I don't think the police/embassy do fingerprints.

So do you guys just have your prints taken in any RCMP accredited shops (there are GlobalID, Gambit ID in Ontario) ? If so should I include any letter explaining the situations? Thanks!

victorh

Jan 29, 2021
Hi all,

I am currently waiting for the CNCC to be uploaded to my IRCC file.
A friend dropped my file to the HK police on December 12th 2020
On January 6th I got an email confirmation (after sending 1000) from the HK police that my CNCC has been send to :
Immigration Section Consulate General of Canada 8/F, Berkshire House
25 Westlands Road
Quarry Bay, Hong Kong

But since that no news, do you have any idea of the processing time? does the Canadian Consulate send it to the IRCC in Canada?
I am waiting for a Young Professional Experience working visa, my company mandated a lawyer in February 2020, and now I hope this is the last thing needed...

Best regards,

Victor H

Hadii

Feb 6, 2021
Hi guys,

I got very important information from this blog already. Thanks to all of you.

I have couple of questions, please help:

Although I am applying for a work permit/TRV visa, yet the requirement for CNCC of Hong Kong is required in my case. However, in my request letter from IRCC, the request letter for CNCC hong kong is not specific only for CNCC, but that request letter includes few other documents mentioned which are required for my application.

I want to know whether there is some exclusive request letter for CNCC is required or the existing letter (with 3 different document requirements, including CNCC) is good enough for CNCC Hong Kong application?

2) I am applying from Singapore, there is not a specific mailing address mention, however, in the footer of the Request letter there is an address of Singapore Migration office... is that the address where HK CNCC should be mailed?

I will appreciate your response.
Thanks

Rash12

Star Member
Jan 9, 2018
Hey guys, questions about fingerprints for the HK police certificate. Where do you guys have your fingerprints taken? On the HK police website, it says fingerprints must be taken by local police/law enforcement/embassy but right now I live in Ontario and I don't think the police/embassy do fingerprints.

So do you guys just have your prints taken in any RCMP accredited shops (there are GlobalID, Gambit ID in Ontario) ? If so should I include any letter explaining the situations? Thanks!
Hey me too my local RCMP said they won't do fingerprints and I should go to a rcmp accredited commissionaire. what did you end up doing?

wyzhang

May 11, 2021
Hi everyone,

I have a question about the destination address of the CNCC result.

The CNCC destionation address on my IRCC request letter is Sydney, NS, Canada.

However, yesterday I called HK police, the officer told me that my CNCC application result was sent to the Consulate General of Canada, Hong Kong.

I am not sure whether the Consulate General of Canada, Hong Kong will help me upload the CNCC result to IRCC?
If yes, usually it will take how much time?

Thank you.

OINP-SE

Aug 31, 2020
Hi everyone,

I have a question about the destination address of the CNCC result.

The CNCC destionation address on my IRCC request letter is Sydney, NS, Canada.

However, yesterday I called HK police, the officer told me that my CNCC application result was sent to the Consulate General of Canada, Hong Kong.

I am not sure whether the Consulate General of Canada, Hong Kong will help me upload the CNCC result to IRCC?
If yes, usually it will take how much time?

Thank you.
It has been this way since April/May, all CNCC are now being sent to the Canadian Consulate in Hong Kong.

OINP-SE

Aug 31, 2020
Some useful tips for anyone applying for CNCC in 2021.
(1) Fingerprints : if you are applying from Canada, you can use any RCMP accredited fingerprint company to take your prints. Try to find one that do ink and roll, HKPF prefers ink and roll but will accept live scan if you have no other choice. (I provided both ink and live scan, they took the ink one). Make sure there is an official stamp from the company on your form.
(2) If you have a friend/relative in HK that can hand in your application in person, do that so that you can get your receipt from the police right away. Also you can know right away if there is any problem with your application (e.g. missing information). If you don't know anyone in HK that can help you, then you have to send in the applications by mail, just double check on the checklist as there will be a few weeks turn around time if your application is not accepted.
(3) If you are going to have a representative to hand in your application, you need to make an appointment with the HKPF online booking system. You will likely find that the earliest available date is at least 3 weeks away, book it anyway because you can modify the appointment later. I had success re-booking my appointment to an earlier date by checking the booking site everyday during HK night time (after 9pm) because there are always some cancellations every week.
(4) Since April 2021, all CNCCs will be sent to the Canadian Consulate in Hong Kong due to the pandemic disruption of air mail services. CNCC should be processed within 4 calendar weeks, you should add another 2 weeks for the Canadian consulate to upload your CNCC. This may change as soon as the air mail service get back to normal in Hong Kong and around the world.

Reactions: mike24531

gian_0405

Sep 17, 2021
Some useful tips for anyone applying for CNCC in 2021.
(1) Fingerprints : if you are applying from Canada, you can use any RCMP accredited fingerprint company to take your prints. Try to find one that do ink and roll, HKPF prefers ink and roll but will accept live scan if you have no other choice. (I provided both ink and live scan, they took the ink one). Make sure there is an official stamp from the company on your form.
(2) If you have a friend/relative in HK that can hand in your application in person, do that so that you can get your receipt from the police right away. Also you can know right away if there is any problem with your application (e.g. missing information). If you don't know anyone in HK that can help you, then you have to send in the applications by mail, just double check on the checklist as there will be a few weeks turn around time if your application is not accepted.
(3) If you are going to have a representative to hand in your application, you need to make an appointment with the HKPF online booking system. You will likely find that the earliest available date is at least 3 weeks away, book it anyway because you can modify the appointment later. I had success re-booking my appointment to an earlier date by checking the booking site everyday during HK night time (after 9pm) because there are always some cancellations every week.
(4) Since April 2021, all CNCCs will be sent to the Canadian Consulate in Hong Kong due to the pandemic disruption of air mail services. CNCC should be processed within 4 calendar weeks, you should add another 2 weeks for the Canadian consulate to upload your CNCC. This may change as soon as the air mail service get back to normal in Hong Kong and around the world.
Hello this is very helpful. THank you for sharing. Just a question, do i need to ask the fingerprint company to do stamp on the HK forms i've filled up?