+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hong Kong Certificate Clearance

lozkeano1987

Oct 19, 2017
Hey,

I need some help/advice. I know they are necessary but these police clearances are breaking my heart. I have just spent the last 3months trying to get my Certificate of No Criminal Clearance from Hong Kong to continue processing my visa but everything had to be done by mail so the process took a long time. Also I don't get to see the document as the Hong Kong Office send it directly to the Canadian Consulate General in HK so it's completely out of my hands. I was told it would take 3-4 weeks but after 5 weeks I still heard nothing and I got an email from CIC confirming that they were still waiting for the document. A couple of days later the Hong Kong Criminal Clearance office confirmed that it made been sent two weeks previous and gave me the tracking number to prove it had been sent and delivered. If this information is correct then the Canadian Consulate General office in HK have had the document for nearly three weeks. I have tried emailing them but could get little or no response and I couldn't get a proper response for CIC ( they just resent the same email I got previously). I can't seem to contact any office who can give me any information or help me and if this doesn't get sorted then my visa can't be processed. Any advice would be great or if anyone else has had a similar experience.

bigboy394

Oct 31, 2017
Hey,

I need some help/advice. I know they are necessary but these police clearances are breaking my heart. I have just spent the last 3months trying to get my Certificate of No Criminal Clearance from Hong Kong to continue processing my visa but everything had to be done by mail so the process took a long time. Also I don't get to see the document as the Hong Kong Office send it directly to the Canadian Consulate General in HK so it's completely out of my hands. I was told it would take 3-4 weeks but after 5 weeks I still heard nothing and I got an email from CIC confirming that they were still waiting for the document. A couple of days later the Hong Kong Criminal Clearance office confirmed that it made been sent two weeks previous and gave me the tracking number to prove it had been sent and delivered. If this information is correct then the Canadian Consulate General office in HK have had the document for nearly three weeks. I have tried emailing them but could get little or no response and I couldn't get a proper response for CIC ( they just resent the same email I got previously). I can't seem to contact any office who can give me any information or help me and if this doesn't get sorted then my visa can't be processed. Any advice would be great or if anyone else has had a similar experience.
How did it end up for you? When did CIC receive your letter?

One question, where did you go to get your fingerprint? Mind to share the address and name?

lozkeano1987

Oct 19, 2017
How did it end up for you? When did CIC receive your letter?

One question, where did you go to get your fingerprint? Mind to share the address and name?

Hey, ya I finally received my visa and then the next day the Canadian Embassy in Hong Kong finally emailed to confirm it was received, so all I can say is don't expect any responses off them straight away ha.

I didn't mention it before but I'm actually back home in Ireland so I got my fingerprints taken at my local police station in Dublin. I'm not sure where you are but you should be able to get it done in your local police station. A lot of places only do electronic fingerprints now but you need to get wet fingerprints done for the application so ring up the police station first to ask if they can do them and if not then ask them which station you can get them done.
Also they don't make the information very clear on the application requirements but make sure you get all your finger prints plus full hand prints taken. It might also cost some money, for me it cost 60 euros.

If you need anymore information don't hesitate to ask.