+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Home Support Worker/ Personal Support Worker

JeanM.

Nov 15, 2020
It follows the same principal. Hence why i sent the immigration act.
No permit required

186 A foreign national may work in Canada without a work permit:
  • (v) if they are the holder of a study permit and
    • (i) they are a full-time student enrolled at a designated learning institution as defined in section 211.1,
    • (ii) the program in which they are enrolled is a post-secondary academic, vocational or professional training program, or a vocational training program at the secondary level offered in Quebec, in each case, of a duration of six months or more that leads to a degree, diploma or certificate, and
    • (iii) although they are permitted to engage in full-time work during a regularly scheduled break between academic sessions, they work no more than 20 hours per week during a regular academic session;
  • (w) if they are or were the holder of a study permit who has completed their program of study and
    • (i) they met the requirements set out in paragraph (v), and
    • (ii) they applied for a work permit before the expiry of that study permit and a decision has not yet been made in respect of their application; or
  • (x) if they are an Indian.
But just to confirm, are we in the same situation? that you submitted an application for HSWP while only having a study permit that allows you to work off-campus?

Reactions: andikoy16can

andikoy16can

Sep 21, 2020
And you're currently working and received an AOR?
Well, I have also worked as a Registered Nurse back in my country, like you also with a Study Permit. IRCC received my (in Canada) application (HSWPP) last June2020 --- No AOR received as of yet. Currently working for 20/hrs per week since I'm still under my Study permit.

JeanM.

Nov 15, 2020
Well, I have also worked as a Registered Nurse back in my country, like you also with a Study Permit. IRCC received my (in Canada) application (HSWPP) last June2020 --- No AOR received as of yet. Currently working for 20/hrs per week since I'm still under my Study permit.
Are you still studying?

SPIRATY

Star Member
Oct 4, 2019
f I work as a Caregiver can I use my PGWP or do I need to apply for a new permit? By the way, I'm planning to move to Alberta. Hope you can enlighten me! thank you Nox Vidmate VLC

Last edited:

yadav

Jun 6, 2016
u can use ur pgwp for any job.just make sure u work full time and once u have accumulated 2 years of full time expereince as caregiver apply for the PR under home support worker.

Shadz

Jan 18, 2022
Hello, hope someone can assist with this information: can you be granted a pgwp after studying the Personal Support Worker Program at an eligible DLI?