+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Home support worker minor dependents TRV or need Study permit?

Olgacarucan

Jan 17, 2021
Hi , my brother is applying for home support worker with wife and 2 minor dependent children from quatar.
Is it a requirement for him to apply for student visa for the minor children who will accompany him to canada , or he just needs application for temporary resident visa for the minor children? Thankyou!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
He should only need to apply for visitor visa but more and more they are refusing visitor visas and asking for study permits. So apply for visitor visas. If rejected then apply for study permits, you will then need approval from the private school or school board and pay international fees.

Yoyoyuni

Nov 24, 2021
He should only need to apply for visitor visa but more and more they are refusing visitor visas and asking for study permits. So apply for visitor visas. If rejected then apply for study permits, you will then need approval from the private school or school board and pay international fees.
Hi Naturgrl,

I have same issue with this.
The 7-year old minor when apply for the study permit, if we should apply for the designated learning institutions first and fill out that information on the study permit application form. Or I could just leave this part in blank?

Another issue is that the guideline for study permit has a sperate checklist, should I need to prepare according to that or just the Home pilot worker checklist should be fine?

Thanks a lot for you help

Airpadua

Jun 26, 2021
hi all, i want to clarify also, if do we have to fill up the form of IMM 5646 custodian declaration? because as stated in the IMM 1294 application for study permit made outside canada, under the portion of details of intended study in canada, there is written like this, "if you are less than 17 years of age, you must fill out the custodian declaration form" im so confused.

but when I've read the details of custodian declaration, this form will fill up only when the minor is traveling without a parent.