+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Home Support Worker Canada

lumpyryan

Sep 11, 2020
Hi,
My father is 87 years old and is a Canadian citizen. I am not eligible for family sponsorship because I have an inadmissible spouse. I have no caregiving experience in Canada, but I have been my father's primary caregiver since June of 2018. He has dementia and needs 24/7 supervision. I am his medical proxy, power of attorney and trustee of his estate. I was curious if I had any chance for the Home Worker Support Visa. I know Canada would view me as having no experience.

If I am found to be eligible, would my medically inadmissible wife make me inadmissible for this visa? I didn't find clear information about inadmissible family members with this visa and if family members who take care of their elderly Canadian parents are eligible. Thank you for any information.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Your father has dementia so how can he apply for a foreign worker? If you have been his caretaker then how does he live in Canada. He needs to set up a business number & needs to submit his NOAs from CRA to show he can afford to hire a foreign worker. He will also need to post the position to show that he hasn’t found anyone Canadian. Has this been done? Being the child, an application would be highly scrutinized because you have no experience & you are his son. Your wife still needs a medical.

https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/foreign-workers/caregiver.html

Reactions: scylla

jdrellores

Aug 24, 2018
Addition to that is if you will apply for
Your PR together with your wife and if your wife is determine to be inadmissible, you are inadmissible too