+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Home support worker, ability to do the work

LilyE

Dec 22, 2022
Hi everyone. For HSW program (gaining experience category), in order to show my ability to do the work, is it okay to upload just certificates of online training if I don’t have any work experience? Also, can the job offer be from an agency to work in a private home? Or must it be from a private individual?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi everyone. For HSW program (gaining experience category), in order to show my ability to do the work, is it okay to upload just certificates of online training if I don’t have any work experience? Also, can the job offer be from an agency to work in a private home? Or must it be from a private individual?
Did you get your application in today?

Your sister and brother-in-law are your employers based on previous posts so they provide the job offer along with their business registration number. An agency cannot not.
  • from a single Canadian employer
    • The employer cannot be an embassy, high commission or consulate in Canada.
    • The employer can include more than one individual (for example, Pat Smith and Jamie Brown), but must constitute 1 single employer (that is, 1 single CRA business number).
As for ability to do the work.

Supporting documentation
When assessing an applicant’s ability to perform the work, officers can refer to supporting documentation provided in the application. This may include, but is not limited to,

• proof of relevant previous work experience (either paid or unpaid), for example:
    • employer reference letters
    • employment records
    • work contracts
    • pay stubs
  • copies of relevant education credentials or training, which can include diplomas or certificates
  • a copy of the applicant’s most recent work permit in Canada (if they’ve been working in Canada)

MFaraday

Aug 2, 2021
44101 – Home support workers, caregivers and related occupations
Home support workers, caregivers and related occupations, provide personal care and companionship for seniors, persons with disabilities and convalescent clients. They provide care in the client's residence, where they may also reside. They are employed by home care and support agencies, private households, or they may be self-employed.

I hope this clarifies your curiosity as to whether Agencies can employ a caregiver to care for frail seniors or people with disabilities in their home.

There's no where on the IRCC Website it categorically or emphatically says that " Only house hold can employ a caregiver". The bottom line is that whoever is hiring you either as HCCP or HSW must have a single CRA number. Agencies that hire any of these two categories of caregivers has only one CRA number.

Another thing every applicant needs to focus on is the job description and the environment where care would be provided. This aspect of the entire application process has been clarified by IRCC in the recent review they carried out on their website recently.

Everything anybody or applicant needs to know is there on the IRCC Website. Prospective applicants should visit the website themselves to find out the truth they wish know. Applicant should carryout extensive research on their own and stop listening to people in this FORUM that don't carryout extensive research either.

There's is no where on the IRCC Website where it is categorically stated that: "Only private families can hire a HCCP or HSW".

Most people in this FORUM don't even understand how the caregiver industry works. Even if a private family hires a caregiver, the bi-weekly or monthly salary payment comes from the LHIN. Except the family is very rich, most families that require the help of caregivers for frail seniors or people with disabilities usually achieve this through the LHIN, because, it's an expensive venture.

That is why 95% of the funds that are paid to caregivers comes from the government.

Therefore, just like the quote from the IRCC website,

I. Agencies can hire caregivers to provide care to Children, Frail Seniors or people with disabilities in their homes. Agencies have only one CRA number for their business. Agencies cannot have two CRA number for the same business. It can only be one CRA number.

II. A private family can also do the same.

I hope this clarifies your question.

LilyE

Dec 22, 2022
Thanks for yo
44101 – Home support workers, caregivers and related occupations
Home support workers, caregivers and related occupations, provide personal care and companionship for seniors, persons with disabilities and convalescent clients. They provide care in the client's residence, where they may also reside. They are employed by home care and support agencies, private households, or they may be self-employed.

I hope this clarifies your curiosity as to whether Agencies can employ a caregiver to care for frail seniors or people with disabilities in their home.

There's no where on the IRCC Website it categorically or emphatically says that " Only house hold can employ a caregiver". The bottom line is that whoever is hiring you either as HCCP or HSW must have a single CRA number. Agencies that hire any of these two categories of caregivers has only one CRA number.

Another thing every applicant needs to focus on is the job description and the environment where care would be provided. This aspect of the entire application process has been clarified by IRCC in the recent review they carried out on their website recently.

Everything anybody or applicant needs to know is there on the IRCC Website. Prospective applicants should visit the website themselves to find out the truth they wish know. Applicant should carryout extensive research on their own and stop listening to people in this FORUM that don't carryout extensive research either.

There's is no where on the IRCC Website where it is categorically stated that: "Only private families can hire a HCCP or HSW".

Most people in this FORUM don't even understand how the caregiver industry works. Even if a private family hires a caregiver, the bi-weekly or monthly salary payment comes from the LHIN. Except the family is very rich, most families that require the help of caregivers for frail seniors or people with disabilities usually achieve this through the LHIN, because, it's an expensive venture.

That is why 95% of the funds that are paid to caregivers comes from the government.

Therefore, just like the quote from the IRCC website,

I. Agencies can hire caregivers to provide care to Children, Frail Seniors or people with disabilities in their homes. Agencies have only one CRA number for their business. Agencies cannot have two CRA number for the same business. It can only be one CRA number.

II. A private family can also do the same.

I hope this clarifies your question.
Thanks for your reply. And to be honest, I have taken in every content about this on the IRCC website. And I already have an idea of the answer to that question, but I still like to ask questions here incase there’s someone who has had the actual experience and can speak from that angle. And also just to reinforce what I know. I like to read and do extensive research on anything before I start, so even these questions I ask here are part of my research. Thanks a lot.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks for yo

Thanks for your reply. And to be honest, I have taken in every content about this on the IRCC website. And I already have an idea of the answer to that question, but I still like to ask questions here incase there’s someone who has had the actual experience and can speak from that angle. And also just to reinforce what I know. I like to read and do extensive research on anything before I start, so even these questions I ask here are part of my research. Thanks a lot.
Did you get your application in? Again you said in past posts your family member is the employer so he would have the CRA business number.

LilyE

Dec 22, 2022
Did you get your application in? Again you said in past posts your family member is the employer so he would have the CRA business number.
Unfortunately, I wasn't able to submit my application under the HCCP, that's the one my sister was going to employ me for. I was filling my online forms when the system notified me that the cap was full, and I won't be able to submit my application after completing it. So now, I'm trying to get another job offer to apply under the HSW program hence my recent questions. Thanks for your replies.

via08

Star Member
May 24, 2012
Unfortunately, I wasn't able to submit my application under the HCCP, that's the one my sister was going to employ me for. I was filling my online forms when the system notified me that the cap was full, and I won't be able to submit my application after completing it. So now, I'm trying to get another job offer to apply under the HSW program hence my recent questions. Thanks for your replies.
So sorry to hear that, it got full after 3 hours it was opened.. My immigration consultant managed to filled up the form and uploaded everything in half an hour, and submitted it after an hour and a half after we checked it.

LilyE

Dec 22, 2022
So sorry to hear that, it got full after 3 hours it was opened.. My immigration consultant managed to filled up the form and uploaded everything in half an hour, and submitted it after an hour and a half after we checked it.
Congratulations on getting yours in. I hope this HSW works out for me.