+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Home Support Work Program 2023 g gaining experience category

Komala

Jan 7, 2019
Hi

I received a job offer and was trying to apply for the Home Support Worker Pilot program. But the information on the IRCC website under 2023 CAP says that both online and alternate applications for the gaining experience category is closed and only direct pr category is open. Also, in some places it says PR category is only for canadian experience. My experience so far is from india and the job offer is from canada. I am little confused if i can apply or not. Please suggest.

Hummingbird89

Mar 18, 2023
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
Hi

I received a job offer and was trying to apply for the Home Support Worker Pilot program. But the information on the IRCC website under 2023 CAP says that both online and alternate applications for the gaining experience category is closed and only direct pr category is open. Also, in some places it says PR category is only for canadian experience. My experience so far is from india and the job offer is from canada. I am little confused if i can apply or not. Please suggest.
If you don't have Canadian experience, then the gaining experience category is the one for you. Given that it is closed, you'll have to wait until January 1, 2024 before you can apply. In the mean time, look into an LMIA.

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Hi

The HSWP is still open, you can read more here : https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-0104-home-care-support/tr-overseas.html

The HCCP is closed for year 2023. Since you have a job offer under HSWP, you can still apply under Gaining Experience Category.

amabenny

Apr 16, 2023
I have gained experience in managing care home for young adults outside Canada .I need support with recommended job in Canada

bells

May 23, 2017
Hi

Hi, please were you still able to apply for thr Home support worker in April 2023. I plan to apply in January, my ECA report from WES wil be ready by January 24 2024.. I am worried the application for home support worker gaining experience will fill up on Jan 1st same day it will open up like the home child care pilot program

Last edited:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi, please where you still able to apply for thr Home support worker in April 2023. I plan to apply in January, my ECA report from WES wil be ready by January 24 2024.. I am worried the application for home support worker gaining experience will fill up on Jan 1st same day it will open up like the home child care pilot program
Duplicate posts. Already answered.