Star Member
Jun 17, 2021
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
25-03-2021
I have completed our medical 27/09/22 and passed 3/10/2022. After that, I didn’t receive anything. I got new medical request on 13/09:2023. I have booked new medical appointment this month but not complete yet.
I m very disappointed. Medical is too much expensive around $2500 for 4 members. Can you share ur timeline please.
Thanks
Was also curious to ask if you declare your dependents as accompanying or non-accompanying?

roye

Jan 13, 2021
Yes, I got it.
What is happening to us 2020 applicants is crazy. This is unfair. Remedical because of long overdue processing time. This is soooo absurd! They will give 30 days to comply with their requests and get back reviewing the application after forever. This is just too much.

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
What is the responsibility, duty and leverage Employer have after passport request of the applicant (employee)?

To me, being an employer who sent an offer letter to applicant, seems I have no responsibility, duty or leverage over employee. Its like an open work visa for employee to be child care giver from day one.

Am I correct here?

Haert

Star Member
Jun 17, 2021
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
25-03-2021
What is the responsibility, duty and leverage Employer have after passport request of the applicant (employee)?

To me, being an employer who sent an offer letter to applicant, seems I have no responsibility, duty or leverage over employee. Its like an open work visa for employee to be child care giver from day one.

Am I correct here?
The employee will hold a restricted open work permit visa. Thus, he/she is expected to perform the duties under your roof, stipulated on the contract and as what is outlined on the NOC.

You, as an employer, should be responsible/expected to give the employee a salary that is not below the minimum hourly wage for your province.

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
The employee will hold a restricted open work permit visa. Thus, he/she is expected to perform the duties under your roof, stipulated on the contract and as what is outlined on the NOC.

Yes it is 'restricted open work permit visa' but can work with ANY household employer after landing. In other words, we wait for 2 - 3 years and employee can practically "run away" on next day. It is a 'job offer letter' and not a 'job contract letter'

You, as an employer, should be responsible/expected to give the employee a salary that is not below the minimum hourly wage for your province.

Yes agree.

So in my opinion, it favours backdoor immigration for friends and relatives rather employers who pay huge taxes have to wait for years and with no guarantee that child care giver will come and will work with us.

Haert

Star Member
Jun 17, 2021
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
25-03-2021

Yes it is 'restricted open work permit visa' but can work with ANY household employer after landing. In other words, we wait for 2 - 3 years and employee can practically "run away" on next day. It is a 'job offer letter' and not a 'job contract letter'

Yes agree.

So in my opinion, it favours backdoor immigration for friends and relatives rather employers who pay huge taxes have to wait for years and with no guarantee that child care giver will come and will work with us.
At the end of the day it's still your prerogative to hire an outside applicant. However, let us not generalize all applicants that they will "run away". I assumed this would only happen if the employee is not happy with the current setup (not all, but some) A good employer-employer working relationship will address this.

Vice-versa, if the employer is not satisfied with the service of the employee. They can terminate the employee. There will always be an option to hire an inside candidate, I believe there are tons who are in dire need of the position.

Also, keep in mind that these applicants have spent tens and thousand of dollars to pay their own processing fees. Some may have even hire an immigration lawyer and consultant. For sure, they have paid for their own air fare too. I still believe that majority of applicants are genuine and sincere when they applied.

Whilst I understand your concern, and yes it's valid. However, my take on this is If you are not willing to wait, and doubtful, dont hire someone from outside. The process for all applicants is already stringent. Making it more complicated for us, is already a nightmare. I think we are just on the some boat.

Last edited:

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
At the end of the day it's still your prerogative to hire an outside applicant. However, let us not generalize all applicants that they will "run away". I assumed this would only happen if the employee is not happy with the current setup (not all, but some) A good employer-employer working relationship will address this.

Vice-versa, if the employer is not satisfied with the service of the employee. They can terminate the employee. There will always be an option to hire an inside candidate, I believe there are tons who are in dire need of the position.

Also, keep in mind that these applicants have spent tens and thousand of dollars to pay their own processing fees. Some may have even hire an immigration lawyer and consultant. For sure, they have paid for their own air fare too. I still believe that majority of applicants are genuine and sincere when they applied.

Whilst I understand your concern, and yes it's valid. However, my take on this is If you are not willing to wait, and doubtful, dont hire someone from outside. The process for all applicants is already stringent. Making it more complicated for us, is already a nightmare. I think we are just on the some boat.
1)It means my employee whom I gave job offer can travel and go anywhere without my knowledge after landing?
2) If point 1 is correct, then how can I withdraw my job offer?

3) They are able to spend thousands of dollars in process only after getting job offer and I am the one who is able to give job offer because I can prove in tax returns that we as a couple are financialy capable.

For your concern "process for all applicants is already stringent" you see it as backdoor to immigration while employer ( e.g. me) see it as exploitation for genuine employers and employees

Last edited:

Haert

Star Member
Jun 17, 2021
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
25-03-2021
1)It means my employee whom I gave a job offer can travel and go anywhere without my knowledge after landing?

Yes. But do you think the applicant's goal is to just travel around? after spending tens and thousands of dollars. If the applicant is holding a restricted open work permit. Then he/she is expected to fulfill his/her role under the same NOC code ONLY until he/she gets qualified as a PR. An applicant with the right set of mind will not opt to look for another employer, knowing that someone is already waiting for him/her.

You can directly notify the applicant since you are under no obligation to fulfill the contract, should you think that you no longer need the service.

3) They are able to spend thousands of dollars in process only after getting job offer and I am the one who is able to give job offer because I can prove in tax returns that we as a couple are financialy capable.

For your concern "process for all applicants is already stringent" you see it as backdoor to immigration while employer ( e.g. me) see it as exploitation for genuine employers.

Again, if that is your point of view, I respect that. However, you cannot generalize ALL applicants, that we are all scammers for having the same intent. These applicants would want to have permanent resident status and be a citizen. If you have read the details outlined on the government website, there are a series of requirements to obtain that status, and It's not just based on a job offer alone. We are not the ones who roll out the rules and qualifications.

If you think that applicants would take advantage of the employer for this reason alone, I would have to disagree. Yes, we may have spent thousands of dollars on the application, but we are not millionaires. If we were, we would've opted for a student visa or express entry instead of this ridiculous pathway,

Last edited:

I.H

Jul 19, 2022
1)It means my employee whom I gave job offer can travel and go anywhere without my knowledge after landing?

For your concern "process for all applicants is already stringent" you see it as backdoor to immigration while employer ( e.g. me) see it as exploitation for genuine employers and employees
They can not change their employer as soon as they land if they wany to get PR under this program they should at least work 3 months for the employer who sent them job offer and I don't know if employer fired them, it affects their application or not

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
They can not change their employer as soon as they land if they wany to get PR under this program they should at least work 3 months for the employer who sent them job offer and I don't know if employer fired them, it affects their application or not
This make sense to cater the interest of both parties. Can you please share the reference link for this info please.

It'sme2021

Feb 14, 2021
Everything happens in God's time.

Happy to update that we are flying to Canada in Nov. 2023.

Aug. 2020 HCCP Outside Applicant, and 2 family members.
Time Line
July 2020 - Application submitted
Mar 2023 - Biometrics Done
Nov. 2022 - Medical completed
Apr. 2023 - ADR - Docs submitted
August 2023 - still waiting for next moves (frustrating)
New Update
Sept. 2023 - Eligibility Letter & approval of WP
Sept. 2023 - Passport Request for all 3 of us
Sept. 2023 - Visas stamped and passports uplifted
Sept. 2023 - LOIs received by email.
Good luck those who continue to wait. Trust God.