Compressed the file size
Tried renaming file
Sent email to VFS
No resolution yet

Timelines
July 2019 outside Canada applicant with family
Medical Dec 22
Eligibility and PPR Feb 23
Try selecting the temporary residence instead of the permanent residence in the site.

Varinsharma

Star Member
Oct 30, 2021
Same problem with me-it says “invalid document”
Original PDF format no file name changed
Tried different browsers
Cleared cache
Tried different computer
Compressed the file size
Tried renaming file
Sent email to VFS
No resolution yet

Timelines
July 2019 outside Canada applicant with family
Medical Dec 22
Eligibility and PPR Feb 23
Same here
I trying all since yesterday.
Also chat with VFS Global they just asked me to email them the problem but they didn't book.
Still wondering what to do.
any solution?

garry.s

May 1, 2017
Try selecting the temporary residence instead of the permanent residence in the site.
HCCP needs to select Temporary visa not permanent . If choose permanent then you can upload the document -no problem but when filling up Application number it will give error as it starts with W and PR starts with E.

Reactions: Varinsharma

garry.s

May 1, 2017
Same here
I trying all since yesterday.
Also chat with VFS Global they just asked me to email them the problem but they didn't book.
Still wondering what to do.
any solution?
VFS Support is useless .
Here is what they respond
Email#1
Dear Applicant,

Thank you for writing to the Canada Passport Submission Desk.

Addressing your below query, we would request you to share the passport request letter in PDF format so that we can check and assist you accordingly.

For further assistance, please visit our website https://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/india/ or contact us at PassportSubmission@vfshelpline.com

Best regards,

----------

VFS Canada Visa Information Service Centre – India

garry.s

May 1, 2017
VFS Support is useless .
Here is what they respond
Email#1
Dear Applicant,

Addressing your below query, we would request you to share the passport request letter in PDF format so that we can check and assist you accordingly.

For further assistance, please visit our website https://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/india/ or contact us at PassportSubmission@vfshelpline.com

Best regards,

----------

After sending them PDF PPR letters
Here is email#2
Dear Applicant,

Addressing your below query, we would like to request that you download a fresh Passport Request Letter from the GC portal, and then upload the original as it is, without renaming or changing the file format.

Further, JPEG format and any amendment are not accepted or cannot be uploaded.

Also, if you are still facing issue, we would request you to share the Visa Application Centre location where you have submitted the biometrics.

Furthermore, we would request you to clear the history, delete cookies, and may change the browser, and try to raise the new webform for the 2-way courier service.

Best regards,

----------

----------

garry.s

May 1, 2017
After sending them PDF PPR letters
Here is email#2
Dear Applicant,

Addressing your below query, we would like to request that you download a fresh Passport Request Letter from the GC portal, and then upload the original as it is, without renaming or changing the file format.

Further, JPEG format and any amendment are not accepted or cannot be uploaded.

Also, if you are still facing issue, we would request you to share the Visa Application Centre location where you have submitted the biometrics.

Furthermore, we would request you to clear the history, delete cookies, and may change the browser, and try to raise the new webform for the 2-way courier service.

Best regards,

----------

----------
My reply to Email#2
The documents I sent to you via email were freshly downloaded directly from the original email received from IRCC.
No format or name change was done .
Biometrics were given at Chandigarh office

Have already changed browsers as mentioned in my original email and also cleared the history and deleted cookies.
No help even tried submitting the webform again.

If we select the below option for the visa category, then the error disappears
Passport Submission for Permanent Residence Application (Family Class Priority,Economic PR)

Can I submit it using this option although the passport submission is for Work Permit? Let me know.

garry.s

May 1, 2017
My reply to Email#2
The documents I sent to you via email were freshly downloaded directly from the original email received from IRCC.

Have already changed browsers as mentioned in my original email and also cleared the history and deleted cookies.

Passport Submission for Permanent Residence Application (Family Class Priority,Economic PR)

Can I submit it using this option although the passport submission is for Work Permit? Let me know.
Email#3
Dear Applicant,

Addressing your below query, we would like to inform you that your request has been forwarded to the dedicated team.

We will keep you updated once we get the confirmation.

Best regards,

----------

garry.s

May 1, 2017
Email#3
Dear Applicant,

Addressing your below query, we would like to inform you that your request has been forwarded to the dedicated team.

We will keep you updated once we get the confirmation.

Best regards,

----------

This is where I stand as of now .
I recommend everyone to write email to
PassportSubmission@vfshelpline.com
Attach the PPR letter in original format and no name change . ( Download fresh copy)
Mention that you have changed browsers, deleted history , cleared cookies, cleared cache ,changed computer . No change in format of file , no name change for the file ,downloaded fresh copy .
Nothing works .

Varinsharma

Star Member
Oct 30, 2021
HCCP needs to select Temporary visa not permanent . If choose permanent then you can upload the document -no problem but when filling up Application number it will give error as it starts with W and PR starts with E.
yes it happened with me as well

Varinsharma

Star Member
Oct 30, 2021
My reply to Email#2

I tried this as well. This is also giving error of "wrong Application No" when you try to go next step

Varinsharma

Star Member
Oct 30, 2021
Please help each other as we are stuck.
If any one find solution please keep posted here.
I am also trying hard even my agent is also working on same problem.

Varinsharma

Star Member
Oct 30, 2021
I Talked to the agent as he is working out to figure out the problem.
He figure out one problem with the Application no. As when we go to the Medical then the Application no was different and now on the Submission letter it is different. He try to book with the old application no then it is working. I told him to go head as in this way we can at least talk face to face with the GFS Global guys when we go to submit personally and explain them.
Still don't know what to do.

KD99

Feb 21, 2023
Hi
I were having the same problem from last 10 days. I sent emails to vfs helpline and IRCC passport submission helpline and Finally they asked me with further details like applicant name, number, everything that we need to book appointment.
And today I received appointment confirmation email.
So just wait and ask vfs helpline again and again, they will book appointment for you.

Reactions: Varinsharma