+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Home Childcare Provider Pilot 2019

hccp_2019

May 18, 2021
That’s also my observation. They started asking 2021 applicants for a medical request even without completing their eligibility first. It has no logic to ask for medical then finding out that “ooops, your employer failed the screening” later on. The biometrics, it should be on the first step coz it’s similar with IDENTIFICATION CARD, but making medical your first step is stupidity.
i know that medical can be given upfront in work permit application to speed up, but it’s on applicant’s discretion if she wants to waste her money.

going back to NOA from employer, my employer wasn’t asked because we’re not related. I think NOA is for relatives of applicants or for someone who never had a caregiver before. So I will assume that you’re not related with your prospect employee?
im related to the caregiver, hopefully they found a way to not waste time asking obvious questions or requesfing docs that are available through their information sharing with CRA. There are process for them to get Noa directly which in the Noa would reflect that we have an age appropriate dependent qulified for a caregiver, in terms of explanation why a caregiver is needed, its a non sense since employer can tell whatever they want, total waste of time. But I can understand they are trying to catch fraudsters, but its very inefficient use of resource, and frankly ineffective. IMU

Reactions: ProudNanny

Deep2020

Star Member
Dec 1, 2020
I know right. To think that for us, medicals will be expiring in December and still have to figure out all that OEC thing. Hope they act on it quick especially for those who've already had their medicals
Do u think there will be a chance of re-medical?

quami

Mar 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 Mar 2011
Nomination.....
Dec 2010
AOR Received.
28 Mar 2011
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
23 June 2011
Med's Done....
04 July 2011
Passport Req..
22 Aug 2011
VISA ISSUED...
17 Oct 2011
LANDED..........
12 Nov 2011
  • Haha
Reactions: Deep2020

quami

Mar 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 Mar 2011
Nomination.....
Dec 2010
AOR Received.
28 Mar 2011
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
23 June 2011
Med's Done....
04 July 2011
Passport Req..
22 Aug 2011
VISA ISSUED...
17 Oct 2011
LANDED..........
12 Nov 2011
Then they should shoulder the expense (which they will not) LOL
I know!! To think that for some, it's not just the actual medical exam they have to pay for. They have to pay for flight and accommodations. Such a waste

Deep2020

Star Member
Dec 1, 2020
I know!! To think that for some, it's not just the actual medical exam they have to pay for. They have to pay for flight and accommodations. Such a waste
But, looking at the trend re-medical happened for those who got stuck in covid situations like who were done before March 2020 (around that)

Let’s see I’m tired of waiting

quami

Mar 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 Mar 2011
Nomination.....
Dec 2010
AOR Received.
28 Mar 2011
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
23 June 2011
Med's Done....
04 July 2011
Passport Req..
22 Aug 2011
VISA ISSUED...
17 Oct 2011
LANDED..........
12 Nov 2011
But, looking at the trend re-medical happened for those who got stuck in covid situations like who were done before March 2020 (around that)

Let’s see I’m tired of waiting
I surely hope so. I've heard of some who had their medicals back in January and still haven't heard anything yet.

hccp_2019

May 18, 2021
during my fsw days many yrs ago, its very predictable since the programs, similar out hccp, has a process in place. They sre suppose to follow the process which is a "contract" between CIC and applicant. Its clear for both parties what must be done to move to the next step, now there's a lot of on the fly memo, announcement and changes which in turn braking the "contract" and trust between the parties. The system is broken and not followed, reflecting a chaotic management system. imagine 2 million backlog in CIC right now. Even passport application here is a big problem because they have no one to process on time lol.

Reactions: roye

ProudNanny

Apr 11, 2021
during my fsw days many yrs ago, its very predictable since the programs, similar out hccp, has a process in place. They sre suppose to follow the process which is a "contract" between CIC and applicant. Its clear for both parties what must be done to move to the next step, now there's a lot of on the fly memo, announcement and changes which in turn braking the "contract" and trust between the parties. The system is broken and not followed, reflecting a chaotic management system. imagine 2 million backlog in CIC right now. Even passport application here is a big problem because they have no one to process on time lol.
It’s because ircc have to prioritize Afghanistan and Ukraine. They still have a long list of refugee applications. So compared with us, they need it more than HCCP applicants. Let’s face it, refugee took some of our opportunities, because who else do you think will process their application but ircc only. It doesn’t mean that ircc is lazy or not organized. Every week they are welcoming refugee. So it means ircc is operating well.
so we cannot complain but just be thankful that we’re still alive.

Reactions: doctorstrange

quami

Mar 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 Mar 2011
Nomination.....
Dec 2010
AOR Received.
28 Mar 2011
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
23 June 2011
Med's Done....
04 July 2011
Passport Req..
22 Aug 2011
VISA ISSUED...
17 Oct 2011
LANDED..........
12 Nov 2011
Reactions: Deep2020

hccp_2019

May 18, 2021
It’s because ircc have to prioritize Afghanistan and Ukraine. They still have a long list of refugee applications. So compared with us, they need it more than HCCP applicants. Let’s face it, refugee took some of our opportunities, because who else do you think will process their application but ircc only. It doesn’t mean that ircc is lazy or not organized. Every week they are welcoming refugee. So it means ircc is operating well.
We don't have 2 million refugees applicants :)

• Haha
Reactions: ProudNanny

hopeful07

Star Member
Dec 14, 2019
@ProudNanny, you’re right
Quick facts
  • Launched on March 17, 2022, the CUAET program provides Ukrainians and their immediate family members of any nationality the opportunity to stay in Canada as temporary residents for up to three years. They are also eligible for a free open work permit or study permit, which allows them to take a job with almost any Canadian employer or enrol in an education program in Canada.
  • Ukrainians arriving under CUAET are eligible for settlement support services to help them adjust to their new life in Canada. These settlement services include language training, information about and orientation to life in Canada (such as help with enrolling children in school) and information and services to help find a job.
  • All individuals with a valid work permit, study permit, temporary resident permit or visitor record in Canada under CUAET will be eligible to receive one-time financial support under the Canada-Ukraine Transitional Assistance Initiative (CUTAI) of $3,000 per adult (18 years and older) and $1,500 per child (17 years and under).
  • Those arriving on the three charter flights who do not have suitable arrangements will have temporary hotel accommodations for up to 14 nights.
  • Between March 17 and May 18, 2022, IRCC received more than 241,000 CUAET applications, of which just over 112,000 were approved.
  • Canadians and Canadian business can donate travel points or cash to the Ukraine2Canada Travel Fund. These donations will be used to give free flights to Ukrainians and their family members who are in need of travel support.
  • Between January 1 and May 15, 2022, more than 32,000 Ukrainian citizens arrived in Canada at our land and air ports of entry. These arrival statistics cover all Ukrainian passport holders, including returning Canadian permanent residents of Ukrainian origin. Key figures are updated on a weekly basis.

ProudNanny

Apr 11, 2021
@ProudNanny, you’re right
Quick facts
  • Launched on March 17, 2022, the CUAET program provides Ukrainians and their immediate family members of any nationality the opportunity to stay in Canada as temporary residents for up to three years. They are also eligible for a free open work permit or study permit, which allows them to take a job with almost any Canadian employer or enrol in an education program in Canada.
  • Ukrainians arriving under CUAET are eligible for settlement support services to help them adjust to their new life in Canada. These settlement services include language training, information about and orientation to life in Canada (such as help with enrolling children in school) and information and services to help find a job.
  • All individuals with a valid work permit, study permit, temporary resident permit or visitor record in Canada under CUAET will be eligible to receive one-time financial support under the Canada-Ukraine Transitional Assistance Initiative (CUTAI) of $3,000 per adult (18 years and older) and $1,500 per child (17 years and under).
  • Those arriving on the three charter flights who do not have suitable arrangements will have temporary hotel accommodations for up to 14 nights.
  • Between March 17 and May 18, 2022, IRCC received more than 241,000 CUAET applications, of which just over 112,000 were approved.
  • Canadians and Canadian business can donate travel points or cash to the Ukraine2Canada Travel Fund. These donations will be used to give free flights to Ukrainians and their family members who are in need of travel support.
  • Between January 1 and May 15, 2022, more than 32,000 Ukrainian citizens arrived in Canada at our land and air ports of entry. These arrival statistics cover all Ukrainian passport holders, including returning Canadian permanent residents of Ukrainian origin. Key figures are updated on a weekly basis.
Yup, i just realized it now, that ircc is doing a great job. So this is the reason why they can only cater bits and bits of HCCP applicants, COZ WE ARE NOT A PRIORITY.

quami

Mar 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 Mar 2011
Nomination.....
Dec 2010
AOR Received.
28 Mar 2011
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
23 June 2011
Med's Done....
04 July 2011
Passport Req..
22 Aug 2011
VISA ISSUED...
17 Oct 2011
LANDED..........
12 Nov 2011
From our MP's office:

As far as I’ve learned, IRCC usually follows a step by step process for their checks, but it isn’t always as such. If some checks require utilising a third party or can happen concurrently while other checks are being done, often we see several of those milestones ‘in process’ at the same time (Ex. Background and eligibility and criminality). We trust IRCC’s agents understand rules and procedures intensively and take those steps as they can. So no, there isn’t always a seeming logic behind the steps they take.

IRCC sets out urgent parameters for certain types of applications. But PR applications generally cannot be expedited. IRCC tells me that many of their internal checks and balances need to take place and they can’t be expedited (ex. Consulting with CSIS, CSIS has not obligation to process anything quickly, ex. Verifying a part of a travel history with another country, that country has no obligation to move more quickly).

You can always update the processing office, if circumstances have changed or anyone involved in the file is facing a dire situation. It doesn’t often correlate to a quick process, but it ensures the agent is aware. You can do so via the webform or via our office. When we check again in July, I could send something along if you’d like.