+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Home Childcare Provider Pilot 2019

Trumpet

Star Member
Jan 6, 2021
I’m a Dec 2019 applicant but got my AOR and BIL at the same time: Mar 2020 and the everything close so I wasn’t able to do it until Oct. 2020. I’m wondering how come there’s no progress for 2019 applicants… there are some back in July 2019 but it seems like they’re still waiting for something still…
I am wondering how 2020 or 2021 applicants can get pr even though 2019 applicants are still waiting.

Reactions: Pomme

prakash adhikari

Jun 7, 2021
Caregiver Pilot Applications Approved and Refused in 2019 (in persons)
Caregiver Pilots Approved Refused Total
Home Child Care Provider Pilot 37 18 55
Home Support Worker Pilot 17 10 27
Interim Pathway for Caregivers 2,296 612 2,908
Grand Total 2,350 640 2,990
Applications Received for the Caregiver Pilots in 2019
Caregiver Pilots Applications Received (in cases) Applications Received (in persons)
Home Child Care Provider Pilot 790 1,804
Home Support Worker Pilot 277 576
Interim Pathway Measure 4,149 8,609
Grand Total 5,216 10,989

prakash adhikari

Jun 7, 2021
I’m a Dec 2019 applicant but got my AOR and BIL at the same time: Mar 2020 and the everything close so I wasn’t able to do it until Oct. 2020. I’m wondering how come there’s no progress for 2019 applicants… there are some back in July 2019 but it seems like they’re still waiting for something still…
Caregiver Pilots Applications Received (in cases) Applications Received (in persons)

roxythromycin12

Star Member
Feb 23, 2020
Thank you... where did you get this? that's a very low number for HCCP and HSW... I wish they could work faster...

Trumpet

Star Member
Jan 6, 2021
Hi guys, do you think we'd better apply other pr program like tr to pr. It's ended by October. Is there anyone applied that program?

I got biometric payment request Aug. After that, no update still. In canada with 24 months experience.

ProudNanny

Apr 11, 2021
Hi guys, do you think we'd better apply other pr program like tr to pr. It's ended by October. Is there anyone applied that program?

I got biometric payment request Aug. After that, no update still. In canada with 24 months experience.
I checked that HCCP is under the stream B-essential non healthcare. It’s already full. But for HSW, it’s still open. HSW belong to stream A essential healthcare. (That’s one thing I hate, children gets sick too, so HCCP should be in healthcare stream just like HSW).

Rimi18

Star Member
Dec 12, 2019
Read an update in Facebook. Someone got their open work permit (with 24 months experience) yesterday. Submitted her application last February 2020. She have dependents in Philippines.

at least ircc are working on the backlogs.
Hi,
which page on facebook did you see this info? Do I need to join a page?

mv1017

Star Member
Oct 31, 2019
Thank you for the clarification. I was just confused because most of the 2019 applicants were asked of LETTER OF EMPLOYMENT as an update request, which is DIFFERENT from the job offer form (the website says that). Maybe that’s why they are delayed because they didn’t comply? Yes, it was NEVER mentioned in our checklist, but why they asked those applicants for the letter of employment?
Refer to this picture:

The job offer is what is the "updated letter" that they are requesting when they asked for additional documents. That just outlines the job description, pay and etc. The offer of employment is the IMM 5983 form. Basically job offer is a personalized letter from the employer to the employee whereas the offer of employment is an official form that needs to be filled.

So when people got their additional documents request from IRCC. You are supposed to provide both a job offer letter AND offer of employment form.

I hope that can clarify things a bit more.

Also, a job offer letter was not originally required when the inital application was sent otherwise the application would have been sent back as incomplete or they would have asked for it before processing things this far.

Side note: Honestly reading all the different ways IRCC have used offer of employment and job offer is confusing for sure. But I think as long as they aren't returning your application when you initially apply and they aren't asking for more documents after the additional documents request, you can be sure that you are submitting things correctly. From what I believe, they have no merit to deny your application on the basis of insufficient documents, they HAVE to ask you for more documents and only when you are unable to provide them will you be rejected.

Last edited:

ProudNanny

Apr 11, 2021
Refer to this picture:

The job offer is what is the "updated letter" that they are requesting when they asked for additional documents. That just outlines the job description, pay and etc. The offer of employment is the IMM 5983 form. Basically job offer is a personalized letter from the employer to the employee whereas the offer of employment is an official form that needs to be filled.

So when people got their additional documents request from IRCC. You are supposed to provide both a job offer letter AND offer of employment form.

I hope that can clarify things a bit more.

Also, a job offer letter was not originally required when the inital application was sent otherwise the application would have been sent back as incomplete or they would have asked for it before processing things this far.

Side note: Honestly reading all the different ways IRCC have used offer of employment and job offer is confusing for sure. But I think as long as they aren't returning your application when you initially apply and they aren't asking for more documents after the additional documents request, you can be sure that you are submitting things correctly. From what I believe, they have no merit to deny your application on the basis of insufficient documents, they HAVE to ask you for more documents and only when you are unable to provide them will you be rejected.
Thanks for this! The photo also helped me to understand. I’m just afraid that they might refused my sister ONCE they request for this. Thanks for taking time to clarify this.

Reactions: mv1017

Trumpet

Star Member
Jan 6, 2021
Read an update in Facebook. Someone got their open work permit (with 24 months experience) yesterday. Submitted her application last February 2020. She have dependents in Philippines.

at least ircc are working on the backlogs.
That's great. Only pen work permit? Not with pr? That's very encouraging.