+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Home Childcare Provider Pilot 2019

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
yes you can sponser your sister with family on basis of her previous study & experience.
she must go for IELTS with 5 CLB & ECA , need minimum one year post secondary education.
Your worth for sponsring her family atleast $70,000 per annum.
You must make more than 70K to afford to pay for a nanny.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
How you know the minimum income requirement is at least 70k?
Visa officers determine if you can afford a caregiver. You take your NOA and subtract LICO and then subtract annual salary for a full-time caregiver (salary depends on where you live). Are you in the negative or positive.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
How you know the minimum income requirement is at least 70k?
[/QUOTE

If you only make 70K i would be unaffordable to pay for a nanny given your after tax income and it would not make sense financially so it will indicate to IRCC that this is a way to get PR for a sibling. You would essentially be paying around half of your pre-tax income to pay for a caregiver leaving you with very little money to support your family. It is already difficult to hire a family member as a caregiver because many are doing so to ensure their sibling gets PR and not because they want a caregiver. They wouldn't hire a caregiver if it wasn't their family member.

Reactions: Naturgrl

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Visa officers determine if you can afford a caregiver. You take your NOA and subtract LICO and then subtract annual salary for a full-time caregiver (salary depends on where you live). Are you in the negative or positive.
You also need to subtract your cost of living from the NOA and then see if you have enough funds left to pay for a caregiver.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Forgot that calculation. Thought subtracting LICO would cover that.
Don't think this is a formal calculation but VO will certainly look at average cost of living in the area and substract that from the NOA to see how much is left. Savings could also be considered if the family can't access daycare if both parents work non-traditional hours and it would make sense to pay for a nanny. In some circumstances it would not make sense to hire a caregiver if one parent's salary is low enough that they would be going to work to pay for childcare. Lots of families that have to have one parent stay at home due to the cost of childcare or change to opposite shifts or one parent takes on a second job while one stays at home or one goes part-time while the other parent stays full-time.

Reactions: BAAAM20

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Then what do you think is the valid reason why employers prefer hiring caregivers outside Canada?
When you need more than before and after school care and you have proven you have tried to hire locally or within Canada. You have posted your job on job search websites and worked with nanny organization and still can’t find local. You need to justify why you need full-time care. For example, you need care where parents cannot be both home at the same time. Both parents are in jobs that involve travel within and outside Canada. Parents both do evening/night shiftwork at the same time so care is required. And finally being able to afford it. Just some reasons.

ramanjagde

Mar 18, 2013
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
July 2014
File Transfer...
Oct 2014
Med's Request
Jan 2015
Med's Done....
Jan 2015
Passport Req..
March 2015
VISA ISSUED...
March 2015
LANDED..........
May 2015
yes you can sponser your sister with family on basis of her previous study & experience.
she must go for IELTS with 5 CLB & ECA , need minimum one year post secondary education.
Your worth for sponsring her family atleast $70,000 per annum.
Thanks for your reply JSTOOR

Me and my husband has net worth more than $70,000 per annum. I checked program on cic and found we need to offer job using IMM5983e form.
The form is asking for CRA business number. I do have the business number but we haven't filed any income on that businees number because we moved from contract jobs to full time now.

My question what should I enter in the CRA business number requested on the IMM5983e form ?

Please do share your response it would be very helpful.

Thanks.

meena

Champion Member
Apr 20, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25th June'09
Doc's Request.
18th Sep'09
AOR Received.
22nd Jan'10
Med's Request
7th April
Med's Done....
1st May
Passport Req..
7th April'10
VISA ISSUED...
31st May'10
LANDED..........
Landed on 12th March'11
Thanks for your reply JSTOOR

Me and my husband has net worth more than $70,000 per annum. I checked program on cic and found we need to offer job using IMM5983e form.
The form is asking for CRA business number. I do have the business number but we haven't filed any income on that businees number because we moved from contract jobs to full time now.

My question what should I enter in the CRA business number requested on the IMM5983e form ?

Please do share your response it would be very helpful.

Thanks.
Yes you need to enter CRA business number on the form...

Reactions: Manleen1

Geoche

Star Member
Jan 12, 2020
Then what do you think is the valid reason why employers prefer hiring caregivers outside Canada?
What
When you need more than before and after school care and you have proven you have tried to hire locally or within Canada. You have posted your job on job search websites and worked with nanny organization and still can’t find local. You need to justify why you need full-time care. For example, you need care where parents cannot be both home at the same time. Both parents are in jobs that involve travel within and outside Canada. Parents both do evening/night shiftwork at the same time so care is required. And finally being able to afford it. Just some reasons.
Thanks we said the right reason then on the letter.

ProudNanny

Apr 11, 2021
Hi! I’m here to check if anyone got an OPEN WORK PERMIT under the new (not so new) HCCP pilot. I guess, since 2019 or almost 2 years NO ONE got it yet.
I got an email few weeks ago that they got my application (but still on queue) and gave me a temporary number.
im currently working as a caregiver under the Live In Caregiver Program. I just applied in the new pilot because I had trouble before finding an employer who would want to do the LMIA. Apparently, I cannot work immediately under the new employer even if I have a valid work permit. So to avoid that trouble again, I applied for the open wp.

ProudNanny

Apr 11, 2021
Because if I got PR status, why would I grab a 14.60$ salary if I can work in any job for a 20$ salary? Most Canadians or PR status would not dare clean your toilet bowl, clean up your mess, while watch out your kid for 14$ per hour. Only a foreigner like me would dare that. So yes, most employer would want a foreign worker instead. That’s why as soon as I get my PR, I will never let myself clean up other’s toilet bowl again. I’m a nurse by profession.

Reactions: Jayluv and Geoche

ProudNanny

Apr 11, 2021
Any update for those who applied last 2019 ? I applied May 2019 under interim chid caregiver pilot program. Biometrics done dec 2019. All medical results have been received July 2020. Applied for open work permit oct 2020. Open work permit approved dec 2020. Still waiting for the decision of our pr application will be 2 years on may 2021
Hi! May I ask if you applied for the INTERIM or the pilot program? Because definitely they are two separate program. My cousin applied for the interim under the old caregiver program. And I applied for new pilot. So there’s no such thing (if there’s a link, please show it to me) INTERIM home child care provider PILOT. I would appreciate the clarification please. Thanks