+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Home child care program for permanent residence

MD25

Apr 7, 2020
Hello,
I finished my 24 months contract under home child care last March 7,2021 but my work permit expired without applying p.r or extending my work permit. For just 4 days passed, should I still can apply permanent resident without status but completed the 2 yrs eligible experience? Hope someone will help me to answer my question
Thank you in advance.

bonefree13

Star Member
Mar 15, 2018
Hello,
I finished my 24 months contract under home child care last March 7,2021 but my work permit expired without applying p.r or extending my work permit. For just 4 days passed, should I still can apply permanent resident without status but completed the 2 yrs eligible experience? Hope someone will help me to answer my question
Thank you in advance.
Unfortunately, you are now out of status. You should have sent the PR application or extend your work permit before the expiration date. If you submitted it before it expires, you will be on maintained status (implied status) while awaiting final decision. I suggest that you seek an immigration professional such as immigration consultant or immigration lawyer immidiately.

Reactions: lb1610

Staysafe

Feb 25, 2021
@bonefree13
Please when is someone actually on implied status?
Is it when you have submitted your application and you have a prove of the application reaching IRCC
or
When IRCC sends AOR ?

Grateful for your response

bonefree13

Star Member
Mar 15, 2018
@bonefree13
Please when is someone actually on implied status?
Is it when you have submitted your application and you have a prove of the application reaching IRCC
or
When IRCC sends AOR ?

Grateful for your response
You will be on implied status on the day you submitted your application to IRCC even without AOR yet, but you have to submit it before your work permit expires.

MD25

Apr 7, 2020
Thanks for response,
But do I consider send the application for p.r with the restoration for restoring my status as a worker?

bonefree13

Star Member
Mar 15, 2018
Thanks for response,
But do I consider send the application for p.r with the restoration for restoring my status as a worker?
Im not sure about that. I suggest to consult a licensed immigration consultant or immigration lawyer before making any move.

M..008

Mar 17, 2021
Thanks for response,
Don’t send both application together,if your PR application not get accepted under this year gap ,cic will refuse work permit app as well.It’s on website to submit application separately

Aquareyna

Feb 22, 2018
NL
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hello,
Thank you in advance.
Hi,
Find a new employer who can provide you with LMIA then apply for a restoration of status.You have 90 days to restore your status after March 7,2021

flower_oo

Sep 19, 2019
hello, there, i am the same situation with u, could you tell me what did u for your situation if possible, thank you.

Jasper05

Star Member
Jun 19, 2019
Hi,
Find a new employer who can provide you with LMIA then apply for a restoration of status.You have 90 days to restore your status after March 7,2021
Hi My work permit expires this June I’m applying first week of may as PR do I really need to apply for AOR ? Thanks