Star Member
Jun 17, 2021
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
25-03-2021
X means that you are not a real applicant. it is a trick to cover their delay and when the processing will start they will remove it from E.
Allow me to rephrase your explanation.

Application numbers usually have 1 letter and 9 numbers. For example:

Citizenship: C123456789
Work permit: W993830598
Economic class: E099977028

Sometimes IRCC issues temporary file numbers. Therefore, you see an X at the beginning of the application number. However, if they proceed with the application, they will remove the X. On rare occasions, they could replace the temporary file number with a completely new one.

Reactions: Jyotu and roye

jamshidmohammadiasl

Star Member
Jun 12, 2021
Allow me to rephrase your explanation.

Application numbers usually have 1 letter and 9 numbers. For example:

Citizenship: C123456789
Work permit: W993830598
Economic class: E099977028

Sometimes IRCC issues temporary file numbers. Therefore, you see an X at the beginning of the application number. However, if they proceed with the application, they will remove the X. On rare occasions, they could replace the temporary file number with a completely new one.
Yes you are right. X means prospective applicant in contrast with real applicant.
When they start the processing you become a real applicant and then they remove X easily.

Aman lail

Star Member
Jul 30, 2020
But the thing is first I got temporary file number with x in April and then with E in May ,July but still states it’s temporary number and my application is in queue to review..so I think both ways it doesn’t make difference with X or E unless you get permanent aor

roye

Jan 13, 2021
Mine was received in August 2020, outside applicant
Temp AOR in March 2021 = UCI No. starts with T000000000000
Another Temp AOR received = with the same UCI No. + Temporary Application No. E00000000

A friend who submitted her application in July 2020 got Temporary Application No. XE0000000

What is the difference between E and XE Nos????
Yes you are right. X means prospective applicant in contrast with real applicant.
When they start the processing you become a real applicant and then they remove X easily.
Sorry, i beg to disagree on the terminologies "real applicant" and "prospective applicant" as we are all candidates. The application number whether "X" as temporary or "E" as permanent refers to the application itself and does not pertain to the applicant being a prospective, or real. Personally, it just does not feel right for me to be addressed as prospective applicant just because of a temporary receipt. Prospective applicants maybe referred to those who are still planning and or about to send their applications just as yet. When application is on queue, whatever is written on your receipt, still it is temporary, when it is already on review, then that makes the application number permanent. Just saying.✌

Last edited:
Reactions: G P S

hopeful07

Star Member
Dec 14, 2019
Sorry, i beg to disagree on the terminologies "real applicant" and "prospective applicant" as we are all candidates. The application number whether "X" as temporary or "E" as permanent refers to the application itself and does not pertain to the applicant being a prospective, or real. Personally, it just does not feel right for me to be addressed as prospective applicant just because of a temporary receipt. Prospective applicants maybe referred to those who are still planning and or about to send their applications just as yet. When application is on queue, whatever is written on your receipt, still it is temporary, when it is already on review, then that makes the application number permanent. Just saying.✌
Permanent residence
  • To the extent possible, the Department has continued to process permanent resident applications to limit the buildup of a large inventory of applications when the travel restrictions are lifted, and support admissions.
  • For applications not yet entered into the system, due to reduced operational capacity, the Department has not maintained its pre COVID‑19 pace of issuing an Acknowledgement of Receipt (AOR) to clients under certain permanent residence categories for which applications are paper-based.
  • To minimize impacts on applicants, modified AORs have been implemented for certain application categories to advise clients that their applications have been received, but have not been accepted for processing yet.

Perhaps this will give some clarification to those who are still confused about AORs have been received recently by the applicants

Reactions: roye

Haert

Star Member
Jun 17, 2021
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
25-03-2021

I completely agree! Using the term "prospective" and/or "real" applicant connotes a whole different meaning. When in fact the letter is just an internal reference of an IM to differentiate the applicant's status of "queue" in processing.

Anyway, at the end of the day. We can still agree to disagree

Reactions: roye

Bellabeau24

Star Member
Apr 19, 2021
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-01-2021
AOR Received.
28-11-2021
Med's Request
26-02-2023
Med's Done....
04-01-2024
To know whether you got permanent AOR, UCI does not have any T in the beginning.. normally they will do T0000000000 but if you got the letter with an instruction that you can now link your application with the UCI given above you will notice that "T" has been removed and can now create a GCkey.

prakash adhikari

Jun 7, 2021
Hello, any one(outside applicant) get PR AOR nmb, Who can apply under HCCPP & HSW in 2020...! Can all applicant(2020) get PR directly through new public policy ??

Reactions: G P S

Vipu

Star Member
Apr 14, 2021
Dear respective members Please enlighten me, the impact of the canidan election on our program/Application. yours input will be appreciable.

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Dear respective members Please enlighten me, the impact of the canidan election on our program/Application. yours input will be appreciable.
There is no point posting the same question in all the threads... You have to be patient to get an answer.

There will be no impact of election on Immigration.