11-05-2016
AOR Received.
01-06-2016
File Transfer...
18-07-2016
Passport Req..
12-12-2016
Hi,

I recently got my PR and will be flying to Canada in a few days. I just wanted to know which address would I need to enter in the "Home Address" field on the form. Will this be where I will be residing in Canada, or the address where I stayed in India before getting my PR?

And, would I fill Part B Visitors to Canada, or Part C Residents of Canada?

Here is the link to the sample declaration form: http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/forms-formulaires/e311-eng.pdf

Thanks so much!

Hurlabrick

Champion Member
Sep 4, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
08-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
amit_27 said:
Hi,

I recently got my PR and will be flying to Canada in a few days. I just wanted to know which address would I need to enter in the "Home Address" field on the form. Will this be where I will be residing in Canada, or the address where I stayed in India before getting my PR?

And, would I fill Part B Visitors to Canada, or Part C Residents of Canada?

Here is the link to the sample declaration form: http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/forms-formulaires/e311-eng.pdf

Thanks so much!
So is this impending trip to Canada your final PR trip (or at least the one where you activate your PR)?

If it is your PR trip, then I would use your new Canadian address and declare that you are a Canadian resident. Most of the landing card stuff is pretty much superseded by you handing over the CoPR and being processed as a new resident.

Remember to also have your list of 'goods accompanying' and 'goods to follow' (if any) to give to Canadian customs.

amit_27

Feb 20, 2016
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
11-05-2016
AOR Received.
01-06-2016
File Transfer...
18-07-2016
Passport Req..
12-12-2016
Hurlabrick said:
So is this impending trip to Canada your final PR trip (or at least the one where you activate your PR)?

If it is your PR trip, then I would use your new Canadian address and declare that you are a Canadian resident. Most of the landing card stuff is pretty much superseded by you handing over the CoPR and being processed as a new resident.

Remember to also have your list of 'goods accompanying' and 'goods to follow' (if any) to give to Canadian customs.
Thanks Hurlabrick!

Yes, this would be my PR trip. Thanks for reminding that COPR also needs to be presented at the immigration.

And, is goods accompanying a form, or a self made list given to Canadian immigration? And, is it mandatory or recommended to have it done? Please let me know.

Thanks in advance!

thiagoch

Nov 2, 2016
Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-11-2016
Nomination.....
15-11-2016
AOR Received.
25-11-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-11-2016

Hello Hurlabrick, what if we still don't have a permanent address in Canada? We are going to stay in a hotel for two weeks until we find a house. Should we use the hotel's address? Thanks.

Hurlabrick

Champion Member
Sep 4, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
08-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
Hello Hurlabrick, what if we still don't have a permanent address in Canada? We are going to stay in a hotel for two weeks until we find a house. Should we use the hotel's address? Thanks.
No - definitely not!

The point of having a permanent Canadian address when you land (or at least a Canadian address of a very good friend in Canada) is so that you can ask the CBSA agent to send your PR Card to that address - given the current quoted time for the first issue of a PR card of 57 days (and then some!), there is no chance of you getting the card within two weeks of landing. CIC will ONLY send PR Card to Canadian addresses and even then, only to 'normal' residential addresses (specifically NOT to a Canadian PO Box).

You can however still land and declare PR / activate your CoPR, but you will have to apply later for your initial PR Card direct to CIC. Have a read on the link below for this process.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=054&top=10

thiagoch

Nov 2, 2016
Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-11-2016
Nomination.....
15-11-2016
AOR Received.
25-11-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-11-2016
No - definitely not!

The point of having a permanent Canadian address when you land (or at least a Canadian address of a very good friend in Canada) is so that you can ask the CBSA agent to send your PR Card to that address - given the current quoted time for the first issue of a PR card of 57 days (and then some!), there is no chance of you getting the card within two weeks of landing. CIC will ONLY send PR Card to Canadian addresses and even then, only to 'normal' residential addresses (specifically NOT to a Canadian PO Box).

You can however still land and declare PR / activate your CoPR, but you will have to apply later for your initial PR Card direct to CIC. Have a read on the link below for this process.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=054&top=10
Thanks a lot for your answer... I'll use some friends address then and change it online afterwards. My doubt was what address to put on the E311 form (declaration card), I was not thinking about the PR Card issue. Thanks again.

nour2010

Jan 28, 2018
Thanks a lot for your answer... I'll use some friends address then and change it online afterwards. My doubt was what address to put on the E311 form (declaration card), I was not thinking about the PR Card issue. Thanks again.
Hi. I actually have the same question as you. I don’t have a canadian address yet and I want to know how to fill the deckaration card if that’s the case.

jordo

Apr 27, 2014
Regina, SK
Technically you're not a PR until you sign your COPR in front of the port of entry agent.

If you have a BSF-186 customs form for your goods and the other form for goods to follow then you would present those to the customs officer instead of the declaration card form.

If you aren't using the BSF forms because you don't plan on "settling" for a minimum of one year because you plan on soft landing and soon after you are going back to your home country, you would use the declaration card form. I would still mark down as a visitor until your status is officially changed in the port of entry.

nour2010

Jan 28, 2018
Technically you're not a PR until you sign your COPR in front of the port of entry agent.

If you have a BSF-186 customs form for your goods and the other form for goods to follow then you would present those to the customs officer instead of the declaration card form.

If you aren't using the BSF forms because you don't plan on "settling" for a minimum of one year because you plan on soft landing and soon after you are going back to your home country, you would use the declaration card form. I would still mark down as a visitor until your status is officially changed in the port of entry.
But this is not going to be the initial landing. I am now going back to settle. So I will still need to fill the declaration card and at the same time submit the B4 forms, correct? So in the declaration card, what should me hom address be?

jordo

Apr 27, 2014
Regina, SK
But this is not going to be the initial landing. I am now going back to settle. So I will still need to fill the declaration card and at the same time submit the B4 forms, correct? So in the declaration card, what should me hom address be?
I see your point. I still think that since you are declaring your belongings in your B4 form that the other declaration card is redundant.

However, you could double check and call CSBA's Border Information Services line during business hours in Canada. If you are calling from outside Canada, you can access the BIS line by calling either 1-204-983-3500 or 1-506-636-5064 (long-distance charges will apply). If you call during regular business hours (8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday to Friday, except holidays), you can speak to an officer by pressing “0” at any time after you have made a selection of either English or French.

If you do indeed need to fill out a declaration card, you should ask them what to put down as an address if you do not yet have a permanent address.

romeo1985

May 7, 2019
hi
I am Canadian citizen since 2005, and I have valid Canadian passport, I left Canada in year 2006, I want now to visit my relatives in Toronto for 10 days for the first time since 2006, shall I fill in the declaration card the part of resident of Canada or visitor, and if any of them shall I write the home address where I am living now or my relative's address in Toronto?