+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hold the citizenship application

sshehab

Aug 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

I want to put my spouse citizenship application on hold as she changed her mind about getting a 3rd citizenship, so I want to put her application on hold till she makes her mind, or separate her application from ours as I'm the main application and we received AOR, is there a way to put her on hold or separate her application?

Last edited:

novascotia27

Jan 4, 2016
Hello,

I want to put my spouse citizenship application on hold as she changed her mind about getting a 3rd citizenship, so I want to put her application on hold till she makes her mind, or separate her application from ours as I'm the main application and we received AOR, is there a way to put her on hold or separate her application?
There’s no such thing. You can either withdraw her application or let it run it course and hope she makes up her mind when she gets invited to take the Oath.

sshehab

Aug 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There’s no such thing. You can either withdraw her application or let it run it course and hope she makes up her mind when she gets invited to take the Oath.
What if she will not enter the citizenship test, this may hold her application for some time till she takes the test?

MrChazz

May 4, 2021
Better withdraw her application. Family applications are, post-test, treated "as a whole", and if her part is delayed (or not progressed) for any reason, then the entire family application will be delayed.

Reactions: novascotia27