+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HIV positive: is that a problem?

mr_west

May 23, 2016
Hello,

I guess that they do the testing for HIV/AIDS when you're going on medical exam. So the question is, can you immigrate if you are HIV positive or not?

Antratsit

Dec 27, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
08-05-2016
Passport Req..
mr_west said:
Hello,

I guess that they do the testing for HIV/AIDS when you're going on medical exam. So the question is, can you immigrate if you are HIV positive or not?
They do.
It is definitely would be a problem

andy108

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017
It is. This is a condition which most likely results in a refusal.

IcedCoffee

Star Member
Apr 18, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
mr_west said:
so, there if it's untraceable or not threat to health... still makes no difference?
I don't know how HIV could be untraceable, blood test must show it. And they do test everyone for this.
It is a threat not only to your health, but to other people too - it is contagious, as well as tuberculosis. That's why HIV and tuberculosis are checked during medical exam.

mr_west

May 23, 2016
IcedCoffee said:
I don't know how HIV could be untraceable, blood test must show it. And they do test everyone for this.
It is a threat not only to your health, but to other people too - it is contagious, as well as tuberculosis. That's why HIV and tuberculosis are checked during medical exam.
When you're on therapy long enough, the virus load becomes untraceable: it is still in your blood but not multiplying anymore.

wildemam

Nov 10, 2015
GTA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mr_west said:
Hello,

That would result in refusal for the reason it "would be a non-reasonable load on the health care system." They justify that by the fact the government plan pays for the health care costs.

mr_west

May 23, 2016
wildemam said:
That would result in refusal for the reason it "would be a non-reasonable load on the health care system." They justify that by the fact the government plan pays for the health care costs.
Okay, so I shouldn't even try. Thank you.

yelena

May 8, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mr_west said:
Okay, so I shouldn't even try. Thank you.
you should try.
Even HIV is not an automatic refusal.

f your overall health is good, you get some other private health insurance, satisfy CIC that you have alternative sources to treatement and would not cause excessive demand in the next 10 years you might be ok.

I would try and make my case.

IMGNSPNP

Oct 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-02-2016
Passport Req..
26-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2016
mr_west said:
Hello,

You might want to check this thread where you could get more insight how the HIV +ve patients cases are evaluated.

( http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/hiv-positive-can-i-apply-for-permanent-residency-of-canada-t6645.15.html )

mr_west

May 23, 2016
yelena said:
you should try.
Even HIV is not an automatic refusal.

f your overall health is good, you get some other private health insurance, satisfy CIC that you have alternative sources to treatement and would not cause excessive demand in the next 10 years you might be ok.

I would try and make my case.
Thank you! One question: Does the private health insurance option comes when and if I get visa, or I can state that during visa interview/medical exam?

IMGNSPNP said:
You might want to check this thread where you could get more insight how the HIV +ve patients cases are evaluated.
Thank you, I am on it.

mco246

Jan 20, 2015
Mr West,

I am really not sure but to your question, i think you should consult a good lawyer. They wont charge
you for that simple question, hopefully. Just to be sure. That is my suggestion.

There might be a slight chance to immigrate if you can proof that you will not depend on canada for financial health support.

But again, consult a lawyer, or maybe even 3. As lawyers are assholes.

Wish you good luck friend.

mco

yelena

May 8, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mr_west said:
Thank you! One question: Does the private health insurance option comes when and if I get visa, or I can state that during visa interview/medical exam?
Thank you, I am on it.
You will have to do medical first, then cic will ask you for additional tests.

You explain you situation and give proof of private health insurance or any other proof you can handle the ecpenses of treatement , and include everything in your Letter of Explanation.

You do not need a lawyer at this point and the good ones will certanly charge you by the hour for their advise and you will most likely get the same advise you are getting here for free.

If the conutry where you are from offers you health care and treatment, this is worth mentionig as well.

MZASAM

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A humble request, mco246

Please maintain decorum and decency of language. Please don't mind my comment.

mr_west

May 23, 2016
yelena said:
You will have to do medical first, then cic will ask you for additional tests.

You explain you situation and give proof of private health insurance or any other proof you can handle the ecpenses of treatement , and include everything in your Letter of Explanation.

You do not need a lawyer at this point and the good ones will certanly charge you by the hour for their advise and you will most likely get the same advise you are getting here for free.

If the conutry where you are from offers you health care and treatment, this is worth mentionig as well.
Dear Yelena, hvala :)
Private health insurance - in my current country or should I open one in Canada (though I'm not sure I can now)
My country is offering treatment for free right now so I think that could also count, right?

Thank you.