+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hiring Agency for oversea caregiver - trustworthy or phony?

Lisajane

Jun 30, 2009
Are those Hiring Agency reliable? How can I find out if they are trustworthy or phony. I don't mind pay the fee, I just don't want to go through all the hassles and find out they are fraud. I know there are a Nanny Association in Canada, they have a whole list of members under their association, can I trust those?

EmilyMarie

Dec 31, 2008
MISSISSAUGA ONTARIO
Dont pay anything until you get your LMO and all docuements required for your visa.
The fees overseas are ridiculous!
They usually pay the agency in Canda who find the employer about 10% and keep the 90% for doing nothing.
You can always do a direct hire..and do the papers yourself. Post an ad on a canadian website..u may be suprised!
good luck

saver

Jun 17, 2009
i just want to give some info on some agency in the phils,they are asking for exagerated fees, like 1 agency in malate or ermita asking for 230,000 pesos wheeeeeeeew what i know canada is not asking for placement fee.How can they repay that big amount if they will work in a hotel,coz some hotel workers here dnt have that much hours of work.

EmilyMarie

Dec 31, 2008
MISSISSAUGA ONTARIO
Canada does ask for placement fees..
Most (real) agencies will not accept caregivers from the PHILS. The process time is 18-24 months. An employer often will not wait that long. Also, the employer will need to sign the POEA agreement saying they will pay travel expenses. Most employers wont do this especially when they can get a caregiver from HK, Saudi etc much quicker will less hassle. Be careful if they say they can find u an employer.. It may be bogus. Dont pay the agency until you get ALL the documents you need or they may just take your money.