+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hire home child care provider

bluebird0479

Star Member
Dec 5, 2012
I am thinking of hiring a international home child care provider for my 3 year and NB. I understand that I need to exhaust my options to hire locally before I can hire from outside the country. How do I get approval, so I can provide a job offer letter.

also once I have the job offer for an enployee,can they apply immediately? Is the limit of 2500 visa Under the pilot program is for the job offer or the visa application?

photojenik2

Sep 28, 2020
I am thinking of hiring a international home child care provider for my 3 year and NB. I understand that I need to exhaust my options to hire locally before I can hire from outside the country. How do I get approval, so I can provide a job offer letter.

also once I have the job offer for an enployee,can they apply immediately? Is the limit of 2500 visa Under the pilot program is for the job offer or the visa application?

You are not required to "exhaust" all means locally anymore. IRCC knows there are not enough caregivers in Canada. Additionally, the JobBank criteria does not match properly for caregivers in the "matching" system they have.

You need to find a qualified caregiver and then sign an Offer of Employment. Here is a link to the IRCC page for Employers: Hire a home child care provider or home support worker

bluebird0479

Star Member
Dec 5, 2012
You are not required to "exhaust" all means locally anymore. IRCC knows there are not enough caregivers in Canada. Additionally, the JobBank criteria does not match properly for caregivers in the "matching" system they have.

You need to find a qualified caregiver and then sign an Offer of Employment. Here is a link to the IRCC page for Employers: Hire a home child care provider or home support worker
Thanks for the information.. Time to find a home childcare employee..

kabayan

Apr 28, 2010
CANADA
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-20-2010
Doc's Request.
10-18-2010; 2nd(September 2014)
AOR Received.
1st 10-18-2010; 2nd(London VO) 06-16-2011
IELTS Request
10-29/30-2010
File Transfer...
May 2012
Med's Request
October 2014
Med's Done....
October 2014
Interview........
N/a
Passport Req..
21-Nov-2014 ADVO RCvD on 23-Nov-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Dec-2014
LANDED..........
Jan 2015

To get a positive response/approval, I recommend to still post the job in at least 4 jobs sites for 2 months whilst actively looking for somebody outside Canada. (2 of which should be paid). Keep one ad active in the job bank continuously. Although we all know that there is a shortage, it is still best to show that you have done your due diligence to find somebody available locally. The whole process is longer now, so make sure that you have all things covered. You don't want to wait for more than 6 months then the application is not approved right? Speaking based on a friend's experience.