+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Higher studies in canada without work experience

Elsy123

Star Member
Nov 8, 2018
I completed my Btech in chemical engineering on 2018.
Btech CGPA 8.85
Currently I am doing an apprentiship for 6 months as a chemical technician.

I applied to few univs in canada for M.Eng
and got an admit in uottawa.

How is meng prrocess systems co op in uregina

My doubt.

Is it hard to find a full time chemical engineering job without prior experience.

Do all international students applying for masters in canadian universities have already prior work experience in their study field.

Somebody please comment on this.

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
Btech CGPA 8.85

My doubt.

Is it hard to find a full time chemical engineering job without prior experience.

Do all international students applying for masters in canadian universities have already prior work experience in their study field.

You will be hard pressed to find someone to give you a comment about a particular program in a particular University/college, let alone how hard it is to find co-op and/or jobs after graduation.

You best bet is to look for the jobs on sites like Indeed.ca and see what are companies asking for. Some may want experience, whereas some may be OK with someone with masters who, but does not have experience.

This is not something anyone can tell you with any degree of certainy. Depending on your University/College you may get support to apply for a Co-Op but you will need to put effort, it will be like applying for a job. A Co-op can help you but there are no guarantes to it.

There is not really an answer to your question. It mostly depends on how much effort you put and if you analysed the job market.

MiteshS94

Dec 29, 2018
Btech CGPA 8.85

My doubt.

Hey, if the masters degree you have applied for requires experience to get admitted to their program, they might not accept someone who does not have the required criteria. As for full time work, you won't be allowed full time while you are studying. It will be 20 hours/week. Any more than that and they find out, then you will be deported. If you want to work full time, apply for Express Entry (google it).