+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

High Schools Halifax

Bangkok

Feb 3, 2019
I am Canadian and all 3 of my sons are Canadian citizens. They were born in Thailand and are dual citizens.

I want to move to Halifax this summer and want my kids to follow their interests.

My 13 year old is a competitive soccer player and he would like to continue playing soccer in Uni so I am looking for the best pathway for him at school in Halifax.

My 11 year old is a music guy so I want a school with a good music program.

My 3rd son is 4 so no special requirement for him now.

My boys are in English speaking int'l school in Bangkok now so their English is native.

I am flexible public or private school. The priorities are soccer and music.

Any comments on schools and a good place to live would be great.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Halifax is a pretty small place. Given your requirements you are likely looking at private or even public with private lessons. Public school options will depend on your local catchment area especially at their age. Most schools at their age don't have sports teams and most don't have music programs. Canada isn't a huge soccer country and especially in smaller cities you won't have a ton of training options. Google is your friend.

Bangkok

Feb 3, 2019
Google is only so good.

I've found all the private schools and one Newbridge seems to have the biggest soccer program.

Maybe best music program is Sacred Heart but I don't like the religious stuff so I would likely steer clear or maybe ok as long as they don't promote religion too much.

I also read about the catchment issue and my older son would play based on the club in his area.

It would be great to get info from people that have actual life experience there.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Google is only so good.

I've found all the private schools and one Newbridge seems to have the biggest soccer program.

Maybe best music program is Sacred Heart but I don't like the religious stuff so I would likely steer clear or maybe ok as long as they don't promote religion too much.

I also read about the catchment issue and my older son would play based on the club in his area.

It would be great to get info from people that have actual life experience there.
Your questions are very specific for an immigration forum. Perhaps there is an education forum in Halifax or a Halifax forum. In general public education doesn't have a ton of sports of music for budget reasons. Some specialized high schools have arts concentration.