+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

High school educational history, diploma and transcript. After ITA

davidbaek90

Star Member
Feb 26, 2015
Hi folks, I got an ITA under CEC/FSW.

Before ITA I only put my education for Bachelors degree for Canada but after ITA Im thinking I should have included my high school diploma also...

On the educational history section, it asks to enter any secondary or post secondary education so I thought university degree would suffice. Now that I got ITA incant change my express entry profile.

Should I still enter my high school info on the educational histor? I have the diploma and I can get transcript. My only worry is that when they compare my initial express entry profile and PR application they will notice that I have put high school info in later application. Score should not be effected.

Please advice

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think this should go in the 'Personal History' section. Those who have got an ITA can advise you better. In the EE application as far as I remember it asked for 'High School' education and Education after high school.

Congratulations on getting your ITA. Hope your application is successful.

davidbaek90

Star Member
Feb 26, 2015
"Has the applicant finished high school or any higher education (including university, college or vocational training)?"

I didnt put high school history in EE profile under educational history. I graduated Canadian high school.

Now that i got ITA can i addthe high school history for PR app and attach diploma/transcript?

My worry is that the processing officer may ask qhy I didnt include the high school history in EE profile

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think you've been patiently waiting and as I see it you have 2 options:

1) Write a 'Letter of Explanation' advising that this was an unintended ommission and that you are willing to provide the documents as requested

2) Decline the ITA and update your profile and wait for a new ITA

I hope you can go with Option 1. Option 2 is obviously safer to avoid any potential penalties. Please note this comes from a person yet to receive an ITA.

Can anyone who has received an ITA and been in this situation please advise if davidbaek90 can follow either of these suggestions?

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi davidbaek90, I have just been thinking about your position and have decided that (if it was me), just to be safe I would decline the 'Invitation'. I know that it's not what you want to hear, but my logic is that if you explain that you unintentionally omitted your High School credentials they may ask you more details as to what you may have 'unintentionally omitted'. They may scrutinize your application even further and this may slow down processing time.

At the end of the day (if it was me) declining the application and waiting for another potentially 2-3 week draw is better than being hit with a 5 year ban.

As you can tell I'm being over cautious in my approach to this EE process. Please note these are my thoughts only and I'm not telling you what to do.

I would be interested to find out what you decide though.

davidbaek90

Star Member
Feb 26, 2015
I agree JoacRy. Before i withdraw my PR application. I want to send CIC a case specific inquiry and call them to get their perspective on this. Ill keep posted on my.process

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good luck, I hope they say that a simple LOE will do. for me the waiting at times is almost unbearable. :(

tp_marina

Star Member
Nov 28, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I didn't understand this, could someone explain please?
Why would you want to add your high school to your application if you already got an ITA?
I'm worried because I'm going to send my documents to get the ECA soon, do I have to include my high school information there? Does it make any difference in the PR process?

Thanks!

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi tp_marina when or if you complete your EE profile, in the 'Education' details section, you are asked to include 'High School' Education credentials and any 'post-high school' education credentials (eg, Bachelors or Masters Degrees etc.).

You obviously can't get your High School credentials evaluated but you have to include it in your EE profile as the question asks you to include it. To not do so could be considered by the VO as an intentional omission if or when you get an ITA and have to submit your documentation.

rajanvnv

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tp_marina said:
I didn't understand this, could someone explain please?
Why would you want to add your high school to your application if you already got an ITA?
I'm worried because I'm going to send my documents to get the ECA soon, do I have to include my high school information there? Does it make any difference in the PR process?

Thanks!
If you have a Bachelor's degree, then you need not assess your high school education from WES. You can mention all your education beginning your secondary/high school in your application but you are expected to submit WES assessment only for the highest degree for which you are claiming points.

Reactions: Nishat123

davidbaek90

Star Member
Feb 26, 2015
rajanvnv said:
If you have a Bachelor's degree, then you need not assess your high school education from WES. You can mention all your education beginning your secondary/high school in your application but you are expected to submit WES assessment only for the highest degree for which you are claiming points.
Interesting. Im inland so i do not need WES. My issue is that for some technical reason i wasnt able to add my highschool history and soon after i got ITA, i cant add it to my EE profile since its locked

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just to be safe though I would go with contacting CIC using the 'Case Specific' inquiry form. Better to be safe than sorry. Just as a guide when I emailed them with a question they got back to me in 10 business days. Supposedly the service standard for EE applications is 30 business days so I guess the response time would be considered 'Fast'. Remember to mark your question as an 'EE' question using the drop-down menu.

davidbaek90

Star Member
Feb 26, 2015
JoacRy said:
Just to be safe though I would go with contacting CIC using the 'Case Specific' inquiry form. Better to be safe than sorry. Just as a guide when I emailed them with a question they got back to me in 10 business days. Supposedly the service standard for EE applications is 30 business days so I guess the response time would be considered 'Fast'. Remember to mark your question as an 'EE' question using the drop-down menu.
Done. Thanks for your input!

crazydesifool

Nov 14, 2014
Regina, Canada
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa
NOC Code......
2172/6211
App. Filed.......
26 Nov 15
Doc's Request.
21 Jan 16 - RCMP and 18 May 16 - Sch A
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
22 Dec 15
IELTS Request
included in the application - CELPIP
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
included in application
Med's Done....
8 Jan 16
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
7 Jun 16
VISA ISSUED...
16 Jun 16
LANDED..........
02 Jul 16
well, I did the pretty much as you, I mean, didn't fill in my high school details.. however, i am sure that you can still update your profile after you get ITA as long as it doesn't change your score. Correct me if I am wrong, anyone.

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do you really want to take the chance (if you get an ITA) of the VO comparing the details of your EE application to the details of your PR application under the FSW or CEC stream? If it was me I would want both to be the same. I think this could lead to less questioning and faster processing of your application. My approach is if they ask for the information, provide it to avoid being accused or suspected of intentional omission. The question in the 'Education' section of the EE application specifically states to list your 'High School' and 'Post-Secondary' education credentials. At least that's the way I read it.

Happy to be corrected by anyone if I am wrong.