+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HIGH PRIORITY

sai krishna

Apr 22, 2014
Hi,
I have my study permit till august 30 but my TRV got rejected twice and I am planning to go to India on 28 of this month. I will be eligible for my PG work permit after a week where I will be getting my Final Transcript and can I apply for the permit from India please help me out...
how long would it take if I apply from India and also please mention the pRos and cons of applying I will be returning to canada on june 5th so I would need this whole process to be done within this month...

parul154

Feb 25, 2014
New Delhi
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2014
IELTS Request
08-03-2014
File Transfer...
03-07-2014
Med's Done....
10-06-2014
Interview........
Waived Off
Passport Req..
Submitted pp with application (paper based)
VISA ISSUED...
21-07-2014
LANDED..........
27-08-2014
sai krishna said:
Hi,
I have my study permit till august 30 but my TRV got rejected twice and I am planning to go to India on 28 of this month. I will be eligible for my PG work permit after a week where I will be getting my Final Transcript and can I apply for the permit from India please help me out...
how long would it take if I apply from India and also please mention the pRos and cons of applying I will be returning to canada on june 5th so I would need this whole process to be done within this month...
Where do u study in canada?

sai krishna

Apr 22, 2014
Im from University of Windsor.What all documents do I need to apply for my work permit from India and If I would apply from here and Can I ask my Friend to mail my work permit to india so that I can only apply for visa.

parul154

Feb 25, 2014
New Delhi
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2014
IELTS Request
08-03-2014
File Transfer...
03-07-2014
Med's Done....
10-06-2014
Interview........
Waived Off
Passport Req..
Submitted pp with application (paper based)
VISA ISSUED...
21-07-2014
LANDED..........
27-08-2014
sai krishna said:
Im from University of Windsor.What all documents do I need to apply for my work permit from India and If I would apply from here and Can I ask my Friend to mail my work permit to india so that I can only apply for visa.
Sorry bro, no idea for ur queries..U may ask tiger007 or Regina. Both know quite a lot of things.

Just asking, what was the tuition fees for ur course, and which course+duration?

dok

Apr 20, 2014
Hello,

It is important you apply for the PGWP before leaving for India. Your study permit must be valid of 90 days in order to qualify to apply. However, you've been refused TRV for two times, so you should be extra cautious and find out the reason. This will help you provide the necessary documentation in support of your PGWP application.

Good luck

sai krishna

Apr 22, 2014
I will be leaving to India on 30 so I was worried I could not receive my work permit before I leave canada so can I ask someone to mail my work permit to india and then apply for my visa from India. they said the reason is no proof of enrollment but when I applied they didnot give the option of uploading enrollment letter in application.

dok

Apr 20, 2014
Ok, I hope it works out. So if your friend is staying at the same address you've used for your application, then it's fine. In most cases you should update CIC about change of address.

sai krishna

Apr 22, 2014
Is that a problem if I apply from india because I have all the documents like final transcript and graduation proof and how long it would take in india?

dok

Apr 20, 2014
sai krishna said:
Is that a problem if I apply from india because I have all the documents like final transcript and graduation proof and how long it would take in india?
To the best of my knowledge you can only apply for PGWPP from inside Canada, but not outside. Apply before you leave for India, so when you get approved then you apply for work permit visa in India. However, by the time you want to re-enter Canada and your PGWP is still under processing, then your study permit and TRV (entry visa) must be valid, so you could return to Canada and wait for your PGWP approval.

In order forums here, some people claim that if have valid visa, thus (TRV), the immigration officer at the Point of Entry will issue you with work permit visa if you have all your original documents with you. So in this case, when going back to Canada, carry all the necessary documents with you. I was trying to give you the link for the forum, but it looks like I have lost track of it. But I have just sammarize everything here.

All you need to be sure is that your TRV is valid for re-entry. Otherwise, you have to wait for the PGWP approval and apply for work permit in India. (since Indian immigration officers won't allow you to fly to Canada without a visa). However, if you get your PGWP approved before you leave for India, the immigration officer at the airport will issue you with work permit visa before you leave, one guy wrote in the forum because he was issued with one, but you must have all your documents (originals) with you to prove that you've graduated.