+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

High BP in medical

Ishankohli

Jun 19, 2018
Hello . I went through medical today at CDC andheri Mumbai and while checkup I had a high bp 150/110, then she checked again it came 150/107 then after 20 minutes it came 142/98 , therefore the doctor recommended 4 extra tests which I completed there and then , before leaving the place someone told me that I might receive a mail from CDC to see a cardiologist , and they confirmed the email id . should I be concerned about rejection ? has anyone gone through this before ?? Please share your experience ? I am really concerned ?

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
Hello . I went through medical today at CDC andheri Mumbai and while checkup I had a high bp 150/110, then she checked again it came 150/107 then after 20 minutes it came 142/98 , therefore the doctor recommended 4 extra tests which I completed there and then , before leaving the place someone told me that I might receive a mail from CDC to see a cardiologist , and they confirmed the email id . should I be concerned about rejection ? has anyone gone through this before ?? Please share your experience ? I am really concerned ?
From what I read high BP will not cause rejection provided other tests don't reveal anything major like organ damage.

nevplus

Jun 14, 2018
My bp was high for my medical as well and they required an additional blood test to check heart function. Once that is clear you will pass the medical (I passed mine)

Ishankohli

Jun 19, 2018
My bp was high for my medical as well and they required an additional blood test to check heart function. Once that is clear you will pass the medical (I passed mine)
Hi thanks for the valuable information can you tell me what was your bp and were you recommended to cardiologist

nevplus

Jun 14, 2018
Hi thanks for the valuable information can you tell me what was your bp and were you recommended to cardiologist
If I recall correctly mine was 150/110 each time it was done. I was not referred to a cardiologist, I did have to do Serum creatinine testing which was just an additional screen in my blood tests. Take a look at the below link ,pages 3 and 4 explain how it works.
https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/department/partner/pp/pdf/imei_hypertension.pdf

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
Hey Ishan,

Good that I read your post. Same medical centre, same experience a few months ago. Here's what happened:

1. Don't remember my exact BP, but serum creatinine test was added.
2. A few days later (about a week), I got a mail from them asking me to get a cardiologist's report (cardiologist on their panel; charged about 3k)
3. Met the cardiologist, realized that except BP (I take regular meds), the rest was fine (he had CDC's ECG and Serum tests for reference in front of him) - he recommended a 2D echo as he said that just saying all okay in the report may cause some trouble.
4. Got a 2D echo done (1.5k or 2k, don't remember exact amount; has to be done from a proper hospital, not a clinic)
5. The cardiologist's report was attached along with the 2D echo and mailed by the cardiologist's office to CDC.
6. The day CDC received it, the very next day sent me an acknowledgement letter (very similar to the one you got after the tests at the end of test day, the difference being all pending items had been changed to completed; this also implied that they had uploaded everything on the IRCC system).
7. I hadn't submitted my application till then as I didn't want any delays. Once I submitted my application, meds were cleared within a week.

Reactions: bimale4bipeople

raxdsouza

Star Member
Nov 1, 2017
Hey buddy,

Dont worry had the same expericence same center.
Bp was 150 by 100. I am not taking any medicine.
Was referred to cardiologist.
He was a nice doctor but then expensive arnd 3k.
He checked the BP again there also it came high so he asked to undergo a lot of test.
Blood test 2d echo renel doppler for kidney
Which all costed me another 8000 rs.
Then had to submit the same to the doc.
Later my medical showed as Pass.

Dont worry trust god. Everything will fine.

Suggestion check ur bp for 2-3 days before u meet the cardiologist.
If required start the treament post consulting the doctor and then visit him that would save u lot of money...

All the best.

Rubi111

Jan 19, 2018
I had the same experience, was refereed to Cardiologist and gone through ECO and ECG and another test Serum cretinine. was worried like hell after that but passed medical in 10 days of AOR.

Dikku1111

Jul 30, 2019
Hey buddy,

Dont worry had the same expericence same center.
Bp was 150 by 100. I am not taking any medicine.
Was referred to cardiologist.
He was a nice doctor but then expensive arnd 3k.
He checked the BP again there also it came high so he asked to undergo a lot of test.
Blood test 2d echo renel doppler for kidney
Which all costed me another 8000 rs.
Then had to submit the same to the doc.
Later my medical showed as Pass.

Dont worry trust god. Everything will fine.

Suggestion check ur bp for 2-3 days before u meet the cardiologist.
If required start the treament post consulting the doctor and then visit him that would save u lot of money...

All the best.
Did they take serum test ?

If yes what was your reading ?