+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

High Blood Pressure - Post ITA

indimmigrant

Jan 25, 2018
Hello,

I am currently working in Toronto on a temporary work permit and have applied for Express Entry last month. I got an invite and got my medical examination done in the process of submitting my PR application. During the exam, I was told that my BP is high and this is the first time I was reported about it. Panel Physician requested for Serum Creatinine test and submitted the documents after observing that the test results are normal. I submitted all my documentation about a week after my medical results were submitted by the panel physician.

After reading other related threads, I understood that the ECG and Echocardiogram are other common tests that were requested by CIC/Panel Physicians. At the moment, I am anxious about my medical exam and have some questions around the processing timeline and anyone who had undergone a similar situation while they are here in Canada.
  • Are the medical exam results reviewed by CIC based on the date the Panel Physician submitted the results or based on the AOR (i.e. date I submitted my PR application post ITA)?
  • If anyone has taken ECG and Echocardiogram tests in Toronto or Canada, how much would they cost?
Please share any information that could help me better understand what I should be expecting. I sincerely appreciate your help. Thanks.

Hassan89

Star Member
Sep 9, 2015
Hello,

I am currently working in Toronto on a temporary work permit and have applied for Express Entry last month. I got an invite and got my medical examination done in the process of submitting my PR application. During the exam, I was told that my BP is high and this is the first time I was reported about it. Panel Physician requested for Serum Creatinine test and submitted the documents after observing that the test results are normal. I submitted all my documentation about a week after my medical results were submitted by the panel physician.

After reading other related threads, I understood that the ECG and Echocardiogram are other common tests that were requested by CIC/Panel Physicians. At the moment, I am anxious about my medical exam and have some questions around the processing timeline and anyone who had undergone a similar situation while they are here in Canada.
  • Are the medical exam results reviewed by CIC based on the date the Panel Physician submitted the results or based on the AOR (i.e. date I submitted my PR application post ITA)?
  • If anyone has taken ECG and Echocardiogram tests in Toronto or Canada, how much would they cost?
Please share any information that could help me better understand what I should be expecting. I sincerely appreciate your help. Thanks.
Can you please let me know if CIC requested any other tests after you submitted your documents with Serum Creatinine ?

Nish_j

Sep 9, 2017
Hi there,

If you dont have previous history of high bp, bp was not extraordinary high and Serum Creatinine test was fine then there shouldnt be a problem.

Serum Creatinine test is used to check if issues with kidney. What they want to ensure is that there no serious internal organ issues which would result in medical care.

You still should go to your local doctor and see if bp still an issue and see what they recommend ( change in diet , exercise) as its important to be healthy in life :)

Dont worry too much, try your best and whatever happens happens :)

I had high bp in my medical but no issues for me

Reactions: Abrar110

Arun Mohan

Oct 15, 2019
Hello,

Hi did your medical approved. I got my medical yesterday and its says B grade and i am worried