+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

High bilirubin in blood from chilhood... will this be a problem for PR medicals.

sumithsasi

Jul 31, 2013
Hi
I went for my PR medical recently in Halifax. I knew that I have high bilirubin in my blood for last few years. I have consulted with doctors in India, they have checked my blood and said it is a normal condition, nothing to worry. some people may have high bilirubin in their body normally. mine is such a case. I told this to the doctor I went for medical. Then he wanted me to go for all the blood tests related to it. now I am afraid that is it going to trouble me? is this a big deal?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Unless they detect liver disease, a raised bilirubin level can actually be beneficial to health. (From Wikipedia). https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bilirubin#Associated_Health_Benefits
It makes no sense to worry about it until you know that you actually have a problem.

awais009

Aug 5, 2013
sumithsasi said:
Hi
I went for my PR medical recently in Halifax. I knew that I have high bilirubin in my blood for last few years. I have consulted with doctors in India, they have checked my blood and said it is a normal condition, nothing to worry. some people may have high bilirubin in their body normally. mine is such a case. I told this to the doctor I went for medical. Then he wanted me to go for all the blood tests related to it. now I am afraid that is it going to trouble me? is this a big deal?

richjairee

Jan 23, 2015
hi there im about to undergo medical examination for Permanent Residency and i have the same status like yours, my bilirubin was high than normal since childhood i just want to know if what happen in your application, thanks

wizard88

Oct 26, 2013
If your liver enzymes are normal from blood test ,nothing to worry, most probably Gilbert's syndrome

Maanbagla

Jul 1, 2018
Hi
I went for my PR medical recently in Halifax. I knew that I have high bilirubin in my blood for last few years. I have consulted with doctors in India, they have checked my blood and said it is a normal condition, nothing to worry. some people may have high bilirubin in their body normally. mine is such a case. I told this to the doctor I went for medical. Then he wanted me to go for all the blood tests related to it. now I am afraid that is it going to trouble me? is this a
Hi
i have same problem will i get my visa for arudy

Maanbagla

Jul 1, 2018
hi there im about to undergo medical examination for Permanent Residency and i have the same status like yours, my bilirubin was high than normal since childhood i just want to know if what happen in your application, thanks
What happen with you

skay1234

Feb 17, 2014
I have the same problem as well. I have a syndrome called Dubin-johnson syndrome and it is a case of congenital hyperbilirubinemia, where the bilirubin count is high in the blood. I had submitted all the documents of a recent test done to the panel and awaiting results. Does anyone here had a case, where the application got rejected because of this reason?

prince159424

Jul 10, 2018
Hi
Any update or information anyone?