+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hi

Dola5

Jul 15, 2021
Friends, Am an Electrical and HVACR technician with many years experience. Please I need your assistance on Canadian online courses about my job I can take that will increase my chances of getting a job in Canada.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Do you want a job or to immigrate. Getting a LMIA and work permit is difficult. Your employer has to prove no Canadian can do the job and then pay $1000 and wait months for a response. Then if you get a LMIA, you apply for a closed work permit. If you want to immigrate, research Express Entry. You need your education assessed and IELTs completed.

Pamsath

Aug 11, 2021
Do you want a job or to immigrate. Getting a LMIA and work permit is difficult. Your employer has to prove no Canadian can do the job and then pay $1000 and wait months for a response. Then if you get a LMIA, you apply for a closed work permit. If you want to immigrate, research Express Entry. You need your education assessed and IELTs completed.
Hi,

If I have LMIA from a sponsor for a chef position, do I need IELTS to apply for the work permit? Is IELTS mandatory for work permit?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you very much!

Do you think below CFER level B1 will be refused? Overall IELTS 3.5.

Overall IELTS 3.5
Listening - 5.0
Reading - 3.0
Writing - 1.5
Speaking - 4.5
What is CFER? IELTS scores are very low. Officers will decide if you meet requirements. Even low skilled (NOC C) require CLB 4.

Reactions: Pamsath

Pamsath

Aug 11, 2021
What is CFER? IELTS scores are very low. Officers will decide if you meet requirements. Even low skilled (NOC C) require CLB 4.
Sorry, it is CEFR. It is mentioned in the IELTS report. That information was not for me but on behalf of a friend of mine. By the way he will try to do IELTS again before any decision is given I assume. Thanks a lot!