+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

hi

hijay

Mar 16, 2018
hi everyone, yesterday i got a news from my school that the immigration of Canada changed their website last week to say that all private school, including ours, do not offer eligible programs yet we meet the criteria for a PGWP according to my school. I'm almost half of my program in my school. can someone please help me here, because I already got a job offer from my employer and we were just waiting for my graduation so that I can apply my post graduate permit but unfortunately the immigration changed their website.
-i can't afford to transfer or study again
-i don't have any Canadian work experience.
can someone here help me what should I do, or what option do I need to do? So that my study will not be wasted. thank you for your response :)

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
That rule has been in place for a long while now. However, there have been cases where colleges have mislead International students by saying they will be eligible for the PGWP.

hijay

Mar 16, 2018
yeah, but they become more specific now to their website about the who can give PWGP. so now the thing, i don't know what should I do?

hijay

Mar 16, 2018
my employer now can give me job offer right after my graduation but I don't know if I can apply for post graduate permit since my school doesnt offer any post graduate permit.

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
The school doesn't offer the PGWP, the CIC does. It sounds like you have been attending this private college for a while and you should have really have checked their eligibility for the PGWP before you started (if you knew about the PGWP). I know it sounds harsh, but these rules did not change overnight. If this college isn't one of the very few private colleges that meet the requirements, you won't get the PGWP. I would ask the employer now to try for an LMIA.

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Reactions: scylla and russ6970