+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hi I want to know can I claim asylum at Canada airport if if travel to canada with wrong document or

Varinde_r

Aug 1, 2019
Can I claim at refugee at Canada airport if I travel to Canada without valid visa or with wrong documents please help me I m in bad situation

Last edited:

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Please can someone seek asylum at the Canadian entry
Airport or land border from the USA ?. For an airport you would need to obtain a visitor visa to board a plane for Canada and if your intention is asylum that would be almost impossible to obtain.

Aug 2, 2019
Airport or land border from the USA ?. For an airport you would need to obtain a visitor visa to board a plane for Canada and if your intention is asylum that would be almost impossible to obtain.
Ok thanks for your response. Then if i have three month visit visa to Canada can i seek for asylum within that period,

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Can I claim at refugee at Canada airport if I travel to Canada without valid visa or with wrong documents please help me I m in bad situation
IF you can physically get to Canada, yes you can claim asylum at the airport.
However, attempting to travel on false documents may mean that you will not be able to get here.
You could be denied boarding, or worse, arrested at the airport or at a transit stop.
Note that the use of biometrics is attempting to prevent exactly this sort of thing.

One more thing. If you arrive with false documents, you are liable to be detained until your true identity can be established.

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2019
Thanks. Is it possible to seek for asylum within 6 visit visa
IF you can physically get to Canada, yes you can claim asylum at the airport.
However, attempting to travel on false documents may mean that you will not be able to get here.
You could be denied boarding, or worse, arrested at the airport or at a transit stop.
Note that the use of biometrics is attempting to prevent exactly this sort of thing.

One more thing. If you arrive with false documents, you are liable to be detained until your true identity can be established.

Aug 2, 2019
Hi,came here to Canada through the land boarders and I am due to deliver my baby in few weeks,the doctor is telling me I have high risk of getting a ciserian section,that I need to invite a family member to assist me take care of my two kids 9&7years old,Can that member be issued a visa when I don't have a visa, because the doctor already gave me a letter from the Canadian hospital with the family members name I wish to invite

Aug 2, 2019
I came to Canada through the land boarders,I am due to deliver and my doctor suggested I have rights to invite a family member over from my home country, because there is high risk of a ciserian section and I need someone to assist me take care of two boys 9&7 respectively,and I do not have a prior neither a citizen, because the hospital gave me a letter with a family member name I wish to invite..can such letter be able to give a family member a Visa?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hi,came here to Canada through the land boarders and I am due to deliver my baby in few weeks,the doctor is telling me I have high risk of getting a ciserian section,that I need to invite a family member to assist me take care of my two kids 9&7years old,Can that member be issued a visa when I don't have a visa, because the doctor already gave me a letter from the Canadian hospital with the family members name I wish to invite
I came to Canada through the land boarders,I am due to deliver and my doctor suggested I have rights to invite a family member over from my home country, because there is high risk of a ciserian section and I need someone to assist me take care of two boys 9&7 respectively,and I do not have a prior neither a citizen, because the hospital gave me a letter with a family member name I wish to invite..can such letter be able to give a family member a Visa?
There are no such "rights". It's extremely unlikely that you sending an invite to a family member will help them get a visa to provide childcare.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Would also mention that having a child in Canada does not secure your status in Canada. Doctors are totally unaware of immigration rules. It is highly unlikely that a family member will get a visa to enter Canada especially since I assume you walked across the border and not at an actual border crossing. If you don’t have family in Canada you would not had an exemption to the safe 3rd country agreement. I imagine based on your name you are of African origin and when making your plans to walk to Canada, after living in the US or arriving from your home country by plane, you had to consider who would care for your children when you were in the hospital. If you arrived by plane I am shocked that immigration would allow you to land while pregnant without health insurance. You will have to make other arrangements since inviting family is not going to be approved if they are from your country of origin.

BENTAIN

Aug 1, 2019
Hi,came here to Canada through the land boarders and I am due to deliver my baby in few weeks,the doctor is telling me I have high risk of getting a ciserian section,that I need to invite a family member to assist me take care of my two kids 9&7years old,Can that member be issued a visa when I don't have a visa, because the doctor already gave me a letter from the Canadian hospital with the family members name I wish to invite[/QUOTE

What's your nationality please?