+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

hI I did my citizenship test since october 2018

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
hI I did my citizenship test since october 2018 and I am yet to be called for citizenship ceremony. Is any one in a similar situation? thanks
That's a pretty long time and I thought I was the oldest applicant here. I applied in Oct 2018, but did test / interview in Feb 2020. You are probably a strong candidate for mandamus. Which office?

@scuba ken , looks there is an even older case!

Tackica

Star Member
Feb 24, 2015
hI I did my citizenship test since october 2018 and I am yet to be called for citizenship ceremony. Is any one in a similar situation? thanks
I am shocked. Have you ever contacted your MP? If not, I think it's time to do it. This is simply unacceptable. Unless your application is highly complex, I believe it simply got forgotten about. Please please please insist on having it resolved.

Reactions: akbardxb

engray

Champion Member
Jul 20, 2018
If your test was back in 2018, then you must have had an intrrview with an officer. What did they tell you? Did they have any doubts about your presence or criminal history?

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Call them. That's important. Keep at it. Recently someone called them, and their file was basically "not in the pool" for some reason, which was "fixed", and after that their file started to progress. Also, order ATIP notes to know more about your file

sunny_causa

Sep 30, 2008
Sorry to hear this .. looks like you have lot of patience..Mine is bit similar..I applied in Aug 2019 and waiting for oath ceremony from Sep 2021 ..I sent form to them and they respond back with generic response... hope you will get quickly
All the checklist items got completed other than Oath ?Pls let me know

americanidiot

Sep 18, 2021
Fucking hell, sorry to see that you've been waiting so long. Have you considered talking to a lawyer about a writ of mandamus?

sunny_causa

Sep 30, 2008
Fucking hell, sorry to see that you've been waiting so long. Have you considered talking to a lawyer about a writ of mandamus?
The response which I got is "Because of current situation ...." I know the world is living with it not sure why the process too slow ..

I saw in one the comment .. to meet the MP will help ? ..Can some one pls let us know ..I thought even if we go to MP they will say the same answer ... can u pls suggest the best option

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
The response which I got is "Because of current situation ...." I know the world is living with it not sure why the process too slow ..

I saw in one the comment .. to meet the MP will help ? ..Can some one pls let us know ..I thought even if we go to MP they will say the same answer ... can u pls suggest the best option
There have been claims here about things moving after MP / mandamus enquiry. Maybe coincidence, maybe not. But start with the MP.
I’ve contacted a lawyer who has advised to wait for 6 months and then file mandamus.

ott-613

Dec 16, 2019
This is too much. Agree write to the minister. Its insulting to see November 2021 applicants done already while 2018-2019 applicants are waiting.
Covid will remain for ever. There will always be excuses for delays