+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hi, has anyone got visitor visa approved without meeting requirement for travel exemption today?

Cytus51

Star Member
Jul 3, 2020
I know it’s too early to ask, because today it’s only the first day they started working on visitor visas.
I wonder if anyone has got a result. I submitted my application in early March, haven’t heard anything yet, but I’ll patient...

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Only speculation but think maybe separate the need to qualify for a visitor visa versus the travel restrictions/exemptions. Not sure whether qualifying for an exemption or not would make much difference in getting an application approved versus actually qualifying whether COVID were present or not. In any case as you know getting a visa approved still doesnt guarantee entry whether exempt or not, this is of course down to CBSA at the POE.

Just have to be patient as maybe you already gathered there is likely a significant backlog and even if someone else says they were approved means nothing given every application is of course unique

On positive side current restriction extended to Jul 31 and isolation plan requirement to end August so at least some positive even if gets extended again at least was not a 6 month extension straight off in either case.

Cytus51

Star Member
Jul 3, 2020
Only speculation but think maybe separate the need to qualify for a visitor visa versus the travel restrictions/exemptions. Not sure whether qualifying for an exemption or not would make much difference in getting an application approved versus actually qualifying whether COVID were present or not. In any case as you know getting a visa approved still doesnt guarantee entry whether exempt or not, this is of course down to CBSA at the POE.

Just have to be patient as maybe you already gathered there is likely a significant backlog and even if someone else says they were approved means nothing given every application is of course unique

On positive side current restriction extended to Jul 31 and isolation plan requirement to end August so at least some positive even if gets extended again at least was not a 6 month extension straight off in either case.
Thank you very much for the reply.

When I applied in March, the travel schedule that I attached shows that I was planning to travel in June(I gave the exact date). But I did mention the date may be changed if the COVID-19 keeps going.

because it’s already July, I hope they won’t reject me because of the date I put there...

canadianking

Jul 1, 2016
O

When I applied in March, the travel schedule that I attached shows that I was planning to travel in June(I gave the exact date). But I did mention the date may be changed if the COVID-19 keeps going.

because it’s already July, I hope they won’t reject me because of the date I put there...
no they won’t reject.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016

Others can comment but the date you put on an application generally isnt relevant as opposed to purpose of visit , length of stay and so on. Once you are approved you can go to Canada any time whilst the visa is valid other than that no travel date constraint. In normal times it just gives IRCC an approximate time someone is planning to travel and together with purpose/length just adds to impression have a plan, it doesnt prioritise anything as far as anyone knows.

Cytus51

Star Member
Jul 3, 2020
Others can comment but the date you put on an application generally isnt relevant as opposed to purpose of visit , length of stay and so on. Once you are approved you can go to Canada any time whilst the visa is valid other than that no travel date constraint. In normal times it just gives IRCC an approximate time someone is planning to travel and together with purpose/length just adds to impression have a plan, it doesnt prioritise anything as far as anyone knows.
Thanks a million! I think all I can do is to patiently wait at the time being.

pradee2p2

Jun 20, 2019

We both are in similar situation !! Hope to get lucky !!!

Swethasam

Oct 23, 2016
Hi.. I am a PR and I would like to bring my parents and sister on visit by November for my delivery.. so they did apply for a visitor visa from Dubai. They did the biometrics and now it’s showing background check going on. But, do we also have to show a quarantine plan? If so, does anyone have a format of the plan? Please do share!

thanks!

Swethasam

Oct 23, 2016
They applied on the 29th of June and biometrics was done on the 1st of July.
should they provide the quarantine plan now for the visa or it’s needed only while travelling?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi.. I am a PR and I would like to bring my parents and sister on visit by November for my delivery.. so they did apply for a visitor visa from Dubai. They did the biometrics and now it’s showing background check going on. But, do we also have to show a quarantine plan? If so, does anyone have a format of the plan? Please do share!

thanks!
Under the current restrictions your sister would not be able to travel. No quarantine plan needed to apply for TRV. Your parents will need to quarantine for 2 weeks if approved. I assume you are a PR or citizen or your parents can’t currently travel to Canada.

Reactions: zero113

zero113

Jul 20, 2020
Under the current restrictions your sister would not be able to travel. No quarantine plan needed to apply for TRV. Your parents will need to quarantine for 2 weeks if approved. I assume you are a PR or citizen or your parents can’t currently travel to Canada.
So does that mean even if we apply for tourist (leisure, traveling only) visa now, with a letter explaining that we are only going to travel when the restrictions are lifted, Application will 100% get denied?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
So does that mean even if we apply for tourist (leisure, traveling only) visa now, with a letter explaining that we are only going to travel when the restrictions are lifted, Application will 100% get denied?
No - it doesn't mean that. The application may be approved however travel won't be possible until restrictions are lifted.

Reactions: zero113